BIOS Overriding SpeedFan

I have a fan curve set in SpeedFan, because the BIOS on my ASRock 970M Pro3 does not have proper fan curve control. My BIOS automatically overrides the SpeedFan curve once it hits 50C, and sets my CPU fan to max speed, which is loud and makes a clicking kind of sound, because I think the bearing is a little wobbly. Can anyone help me figure out the issue?

well as you said the issue is probably the bearing so I'd say replace the fan for 3$

Well it seems ok. I'm not concerned about the fan, I'm concerned about the BIOS automatically setting it to max speed.

If you want to use SpeedFan - disable QFan (or similar option) in BIOS. Only one program should has control over fan speed.

That wasn't an option in my BIOS, either way I seemed to have fixed it.

I never seen BIOS where you cannot disable fan control. All BIOS-es have that.

I just downloaded manual for your BIOS and...

CPU Fan 1 Setting
his allows you to set the CPU fan 1 speed. Coniguration options: [Full On] and
[Automatic Mode]. he default is value [Full On].

It's under "Hardware Health Event Monitoring" screen.

So - "Full On" is the same as disable Q-Fan. If you have "Automatic Mode", change it to "Full On", then control your fan using Windows tool.

Of course you'll notice that before SpeedFan starts, your fan will be at 100% speed, but that is how it works.

If you use Windows software to control fans, IT overrides any BIOS controls. Not the other way around. This is about Speedfan setting (lets say for 85% certainty). Under Temperatures tab, select temp sensor you are using for curve. There are two temps, desired and warning. Warning should be the temp where you WANT fan to go 100% (I have it at 90C). I'm not sure what desired does, but I have it at 60C. Also all my fan controller chips are set to be max 80%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you use Windows software to control fans, IT overrides any BIOS controls. Not the other way around. This is about Speedfan setting (lets say for 85% certainty). Under Temperatures tab, select temp sensor you are using for curve. There are two temps, desired and warning. Warning should be the temp where you WANT fan to go 100% (I have it at 90C). I'm not sure what desired does, but I have it at 60C. Also all my fan controller chips are set to be max 80%.

I think that depends on BIOS, because I tested that on few old bioses and they override my SpeedFan settings, so I must disable BIOS control and then SpeedFan starts working as supposed. Worth try if something is wrong, right?

37 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I think that depends on BIOS, because I tested that on few old bioses and they override my SpeedFan settings, so I must disable BIOS control and then SpeedFan starts working as supposed. Worth try if something is wrong, right?

Only if you select BIOS to control things. If its set on auto (stock setting), then any software run in Windows (properly configured ofc) will take over.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv