[Build Log] Project PC Project names R Dumb (PC011 Dynamic)

Im not very good at forum posting so excuse me if its a little kindergarten.

(Edit)  here is a link to the build if you want to skip my ramblings 

https://imgur.com/a/gRLAh9j

Specs: 

X370 MSi Gaming pro Carbon 

AMD r7 1700 @ 4025mhz

EVGA GTX 1080 @ 2120mhz

Corsair LPX 3600 @ 3444 mhz stablish  (stable at 3200)

240GB Samsung SSD

3 Tb Seagate Constellation 

EVGA 650 Watt G3 power supply

Alphacool  VPP655

EKWB GTX1080 WB

watercool heatkiller IV CPU block

Radikult Customs - Custom made Res/pump combo 

Corsair RGB strips, LL fans and SP fans

Lots of random Alphacool, Bitspower, xspc fittings

I originally built my first hard-line water cooled build about a year ago in a corsair 460x.  I dont know If you guys have ever seen one in person, but it is quite compact for a Mid ATX.  It turned out okay. 

t9LPew7.jpg

Link to first hardline WC album

https://imgur.com/a/2MUeT

But due to inexperience and the compact nature, I wasn't able to get those nice right angles and straight lines, I usually see on the interwebs.

So I decided to take my rig and move it into the Lian li 011 dynamic with a few improvments

It unfortunately arrived rather bent

ZCZQAOB.jpg

Took it to be stepdads workshop and beat the crap out of it until It was nice and flat. 

DOIbMCJ.jpg

Trying to figure out if there is enough room on the bottom for a RaD fans and still fit a vert GPU

bDaT9vG.jpg

Its going to be super tight.  Looks like I might have to use the dremel to make it work.

I like the GPU block off to the side for maximum bling, but how will you run the PCI connection back to the motherboard?  Is there a custom cable option for something like that?

11 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I like the GPU block off to the side for maximum bling, but how will you run the PCI connection back to the motherboard?  Is there a custom cable option for something like that?

There are pcie extension cables.

12 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Ohh that is actually an interesting Idea.  Having the GPU way over there .  But whats on the right there is the Res/pump combo.  I am going to put the vertical gpu in the standard place If it actually fits.  But your GPU idea now has  me thinking.

7 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

There are pcie extension cables.

Yeah, but the angles will be all wrong.  Just trying to picture it...

7 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Yeah, but the angles will be all wrong.  Just trying to picture it...

The angles look pretty right on the first picture. Keep in mind there are many many differeny cables with different twists etc. Sideways mounting the gpu is the new hot thing in 2018.

which waterway/res is that? is it something you can buy off the shelf or is it custom

So far I have only seen this one available to buy:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LLO11-SDB-Barrow-watercooling-Waterway-Boards-for-LIANLI-O11-Computer-Case-LRC-2-0-INTEL-Platform/32894239865.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.261.13533c00fz4OoC but it needs a proprietary pump

1 hour ago, Antipesto93 said:

which waterway/res is that? is it something you can buy off the shelf or is it custom

it is one i bought off of ebay if your interested I will check into when i get home.  Phanteks also makes one

http://www.phanteks.com/Glacier-Reservoir.html

ive never seen the one you posted.  i like that it is ddc compatible.  I have a spare ddc laying around

The first build looked great honestly, the bends were so nice I thought it was soft tubing at first lol

2 hours ago, evilmatchbox said:

it is one i bought off of ebay if your interested I will check into when i get home.  Phanteks also makes one

http://www.phanteks.com/Glacier-Reservoir.html

ive never seen the one you posted.  i like that it is ddc compatible.  I have a spare ddc laying around

Thanks I found the ebay one.

Its not very DDC compatible  as it requires a special pump top with screw passthroughs which only comes with their version of a ddc pump :(

18 hours ago, TekRed said:

The first build looked great honestly, the bends were so nice I thought it was soft tubing at first lol

thanks!  I always want something slightly different,  so i wanted to try some weird angles and bends and stuff

I was finally able to get the GPU to fit vertically.  I had to carve into vert gpu mount and part of the case.  But it fits. 

Also had to move the LL fans to the top.  I wanted to put them on the bottom where you can see the cool lighting effects.  but I realized that they would be pushing down and out of the case.   I Didn't want to flip them over for intake as the LEDs aren't visable at all from the back.  Definite downside to the LL fans.  They now reside on the top as exhaust, but still cant really see them to well.  So I moved some Corsair SP rgb to the bottom.  i am thinking about putting some noctuas down there.
Still trying to figure out how I want the tubes to go.

tkqgHhd.jpg

xjLJ2Io.jpg 

• 3 weeks later...

I had a family emergency, so I had to put the build on hold. 

So I talked to Mario at radikult customs about the res/pump combo I was using.  Decided I wanted to go with a larger one and the pump facing down.  I plan to use Primochill Vue and thought it would look cooler to have the pump facing down.  He was very helpful and accommodating, allowing me to return it, and get one custom made. So I started to Use the old pump and res that I had and got some of it done because only the two runs (into res and out of pump) would have to be redone.  But the custom res/combo arrived much faster than expected.  

EfDrcLh.jpg

wyjkf5h.jpg

i4RudbB.jpg

Hopefully will have it finished this weekend.  But Here is the new Res

It is 60mm taller, pump out facing down, and fittings on the front.

VcJfZsf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

JkWvzfe.jpg

NJKjZA8.jpg

zdJCkc9.jpg

MT4frZt.jpg

Got the beautiful pump res combo in made by Radikult customs.

Finished up the runs late in the morning.  The following day started leak testing.  I noticed the pump/res was leaking.  I emailed radikult customs who has been very accommodating through out the whole process.  And it turned out late at night I put the gasket in the wrong spot.  But now its working beautifully. 

• 1 month later...

Well its a bit late. I got a bit busy with the new job and went out of the country.  I finally finished my computer a few weeks ago but forgot to post pictures to complete my build log.  I am looking for new fans to put on the bottom.   One of the corsair SP 120's that came with my old corsair 460x randomly blinks and the bearing sometimes gets a bit wonky.  It makes a bunch of noise and slows down, and continually makes a terrible noise until i open up the case and manually spin the fan a tiny bit then it goes away for a few days.  If anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to hear it.  Ive been looking at either get more corsair LLs so they can be the same fans on the top and bottom. Or perhaps getting the enermax ring looking fans just because they look cool, but I have no idea on their reliability or performance. Once I change the fans.  I am going to redo the bottom run from the res to the GPU so it doesn't need that quad rotary fitting.  I accidentally cut that run way to short and I was to lazy to fix it as it was about 2am at the time.   Also I have The primochill vue light blue been sitting in my closet for 3 months which I will finally use once I re-do that bottom run.  So until I figure out which fans I am going to use and re-do that bottom run, I am pretty much done for now.  Heres the final pics 

4t4vpYF.jpg

zUM94x1.jpg

6ZPkT0c.jpg

iXFv8tH.jpg

is that the 360mm version of that res/pump combo?  love the look of this build.

On 9/27/2018 at 2:51 PM, Samfisher117 said:

is that the 360mm version of that res/pump combo?  love the look of this build.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! It is 120x320mm if I remember right.

Cool thanks!  I am working on a build in the same case just the WGX version i think it is.  Love the case just want to fill in that gap so you can't see all the wires behind.