Want to get completely rid of everything

SaiyamDh
Go to solution Solved by homeap5,

1. Add new user (administrator).

2. Log in into new user.

3. Remove current administrator account with all files.

4. Uninstall all unncecessary programs.

5. Clean all private data (you may use ccleaner for that, but only for that, do not touch registry)

6. Browse your hdd - all directories that you created yourself (only those, do not delete system folders), and delete all your private stuff.

7. Refresh all your browsers (password managers etc.) or just complete uninstall them. You can delete history, bookmarks and passwords in settings of any browsers.

8. Change wallpaper to "fresh new Windows, enjoy!" :)

9. It should be enough. I assume that you know where you put your private photos etc. and that is not a problem to delete them.

Do not clean too much though - if you don't know what is purpose of file or directory - leave it. It's computer, not your desk or wardrobe. You can have lot of files on your hdd and they not harm you in any way. I bet that person who get that computer from you sooner or later delete everything and reinstall everything - it's the way people using computers these days. :)

Other method - use program to retrieve serial number of your Windows (found in 2 seconds: link) and download version of Windows you want to install from Microsoft (another link). Good luck (but still - if everything works good now, it may be more annoying process that delete private data).

So I have had a pc for a long time which I want to give to a family member, but i don't know how to completely get rid of all the accounts and setting and files from this pc. I'm running windows 8. And I don't want anything left on the pc I want him to feel like he's bought a new pc and he is booting it up for the first time and he can set all the things up himself.

You would have to reinstall windows.

ThinkPad masterrace

Me thinkpads:

X220, R30, T24, TransNote

1 minute ago, gnomik said:

You would have to reinstall windows.

but i don't even have the windows anywhere. I've lost the CD. Is there any other way? thanks

1 minute ago, SaiyamDh said:

but i don't even have the windows anywhere. I've lost the CD. Is there any other way? thanks

Idk. I usually reinstall its faster and more relieable.

ThinkPad masterrace

Me thinkpads:

X220, R30, T24, TransNote

2. Log in into new user.

5. Clean all private data (you may use ccleaner for that, but only for that, do not touch registry)

6. Browse your hdd - all directories that you created yourself (only those, do not delete system folders), and delete all your private stuff.

7. Refresh all your browsers (password managers etc.) or just complete uninstall them. You can delete history, bookmarks and passwords in settings of any browsers.

9. It should be enough. I assume that you know where you put your private photos etc. and that is not a problem to delete them.

Do not clean too much though - if you don't know what is purpose of file or directory - leave it. It's computer, not your desk or wardrobe. You can have lot of files on your hdd and they not harm you in any way. I bet that person who get that computer from you sooner or later delete everything and reinstall everything - it's the way people using computers these days. :)

Other method - use program to retrieve serial number of your Windows (found in 2 seconds: link) and download version of Windows you want to install from Microsoft (another link). Good luck (but still - if everything works good now, it may be more annoying process that delete private data).

4 hours ago, homeap5 said:

2. Log in into new user.

thank you so much.