ox02

What is this Worth?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Dell XPS 9000

9 gigs of ddr3 ram (Yes; not 8. NINE GIGABYTES)

I7 930 @ 2.8Ghz

R9 270x

No storage included

Pretty good computer.  Still use it, but I want to sell it on eBay to save up money for a new small form factor build because it's too bulky for my portable needs.

you won't get a lot for it. if I was buying it I'd give you €250 (US$292.60) max if it is in mint condition.

does it have the stock PSU? if so closer to €200. I don't trust PSU's bundled with prebuilts. 

DISCLAIMER: ANYTHING I SAY COULD BE WRONG. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

THIS STATUS CHANGES OVER TIME. REFERENCES TO IT ARE NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE. 

PC: 2X XEON X5650 | R9 290XGTX 780 TI | 3x 240GB SSD | 24GB RAM | AX860 | Fedora 28

MACBOOK PRO: I7 2675QM | HD 6750M | 16GB RAM | 128GB SSD | macOS High Sierra

KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR K95 RGPLATINUM (MX BROWN) | CORSAIR M65 PRO RGB

When you say no storage, do you mean no hard drives at all?

If you install a basic hard drive and install an OS, it might open up your market a bit. If i had to throw a number out there I would say maybe $100-150 USD. But that is what I would expect something like that would list for around where I am so YMMV.

1 minute ago, Razor Blade said:

When you say no storage, do you mean no hard drives at all?

If you install a basic hard drive and install an OS, it might open up your market a bit. If i had to throw a number out there I would say maybe $100-150 USD. But that is what I would expect something like that would list for around where I am so YMMV.

I looked online in my country, and a custom tower with that cpu is listed for about €300 (US$350) but that has a 7970 in it which is a better video card. and a decent Asus motherboard etc. 

PC: 2X XEON X5650 | R9 290XGTX 780 TI | 3x 240GB SSD | 24GB RAM | AX860 | Fedora 28

13 minutes ago, ox02 said:

Dell XPS 9000

9 gigs of ddr3 ram (Yes; not 8. NINE GIGABYTES)

I7 930 @ 2.8Ghz

R9 270x

No storage included

Pretty good computer.  Still use it, but I want to sell it on eBay to save up money for a new small form factor build because it's too bulky for my portable needs.

Seriously consider putting a cheap 250gb or 500gb HDD in there with a version of windows even inactivated so the person buying it will be able to see it function otherwise I couldn't see myself paying much more than 150-200USD for those parts if that.  You might be able to get 200-250 with a HDD and OS loaded.     

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

I looked online in my country, and a custom tower with that cpu is listed for about €300 (US$350) but that has a 7970 in it which is a better video card. and a decent Asus motherboard etc. 

Wow! Here in my area there are a lot of Sandy Bridge Dells coming off lease so those first gen Core i7 systems are not really worth a lot...that was the biggest reason I was saying YMMV because it will really depend on where the OP lives and where they're willing to ship. I looked on eBay and seems like a similar system with a i7-920 (slower CPU) are getting bids around the $100 mark. There is one listing for a "Custom" system for like $600 but that is what it was listed at...so difficult to say what it would actually sell for.

I was suggesting to put a drive and an OS on it so the OP could list it for a higher price

6 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

Wow! Here in my area there are a lot of Sandy Bridge Dells coming off lease so those first gen Core i7 systems are not really worth a lot...that was the biggest reason I was saying YMMV because it will really depend on where the OP lives and where they're willing to ship. I looked on eBay and seems like a similar system with a i7-920 (slower CPU) are getting bids around the $100 mark. There is one listing for a "Custom" system for like $600 but that is what it was listed at...so difficult to say what it would actually sell for.

I was suggesting to put a drive and an OS on it so the OP could list it for a higher price

that system I was talking about did have an SSD. so it's plug and play basically. 

The X58 motherboard is worth roughly as much by itself as the rest of the system is as a whole.

You'll do a lot better selling locally unless you want to part it out. I'd ask $300 and get $250 for that system, but you'd have to install a 500GB+ HDD to do it. People don't buy computers with no storage.

If you're set on eBay, part it out. Put the X58 board, CPU and RAM up for $149.95. Sell the 270X for whatever a 270X goes for these days. Victory.

Unspeakable Evil- R7 1700 - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X - AsRock X370 Taichi - 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466 RGB - 512GB Samsung 850 Pro - 960GB SanDisk Ultra II - 4TB Seagate Barracuda - Corsair RM650i - NZXT S340 Elite - Cryorig H5 Ultimate

Banzai - i7-6700T - MSI GTX 1050 Ti LP - Gigabyte GA-B150N Phoenix - 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2133 - 240GB Crucial M500 - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda - Seasonic SSP-300SUG - HP Slimline s3200n case - Cryorig C7 - The Spirit of a Ninja Warrior

Vortex Red - Athlon 64 X2 3800+ - Quadro FX 3800 - ASUS A8N-E - 4GB DDR-400 - 250GB WD Blue - Corsair HX620 - Riotoro CR480 - Some crazy-ass red Chinese LED-on-crack cooler thing - Windows XP #bestosever

Hypnotoad - i5-6500 - ASUS Dual GTX 1060 3GB - AsRock Z170AX1/3.1 - 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2400 - 128GB Samsung 850 Pro - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - Corsair CX550M - DIYPC DIY-J21-BK RGB case - Cooler Master Hyper T4 - Aigo RGB fans - RGB strip - Unicorn vomit

I am the Living Death.

I am coding your hard disk now.

Your FAT is destroyed and his copy is only in memory.

If you set power off, all your data will be lost !!