720p Monitor, or another solution?

wolfy_duh
Go to solution Solved by KarathKasun,

2560x1440 is exactly double 720p, so pixel perfect scaling is easy.

Okay, so I have a really weird/specific problem.  I want to play some anime fighters that use dated resolutions, any of the games I have on pc, I can just play them windowed in their native resolution, which is generally 720, but I've been in the habit of buying games physical, which mean on consoles.  So I guess my question is: is there a way to get a monitor that would allow for changing resolutions internally, or should I try to find a 720p gaming monitor? and if neither, then suggestions?

connect console to monitor and let the monitor do upscaling?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

the only problem with letting the monitor upscale is that when you upscale pixel art it gets fuzzy, and I'm so picky, I like my pixels crisp ?

1440p screen. That way each pixel will be displayed on 4 so no blurring at 720p. And you'll be able to use it normally too.

So I've been googling 1440p monitors, it seems like a good solution, I am seeing people say that pixel perfect upscaling is uncommon, anyone know how I might find a monitor with that type of upscaling option?

I'd be using hdmi, because most of the games I'm playing are on the PS3/PS4

The only way to guarantee pixel perfect scaling is to test a display, find tests someone else has done, or use a capture device to pipe your PS3/PS4 video through the computer to the display.