Liquid Cooled Memory is FASTER - $#!T Manufacturers Say

In conclusion, manufacturers would put a turd in a brake box and tell you it will stop your vehicle better if they think they can sell a few more units :P

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Gonna play the devils advocate here.

Maybe you should of used a generic setup rather than a test bench ? What if the radiators built in will cause a different result due to the heat on top being dissipated by the radiator causing the top part to force more heat upwards ?

You said you'd give them every opportunity, i'd say give this a quick try. Won't hurt anyone and we might learn something new about thermodynamics.

EDIT

Here is the liquid in action

Liquid cooling is the new rgb 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

should this not be better to use to liquid cool RAM memory

7c.jpg

or this one:

watermem.jpg

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

I see a new meme here... glut/tie a bottle of water onto anything "water cooling".

If you really wanted to test it you would have at least tried overvolting and overclocking to the 5GHz they say it could possibly do.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

8 hours ago, TechyBen said:

I see a new meme here... glut/tie a bottle of water onto anything "water cooling".

you should use a metallic bottle, since plastic could melt. but yeah nice meme

║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║

Nice analogy, doofus.

The puddle of water on the CPU was very obviously actually cooling it by evaporating.

3M Novec 7100 is made for immersion cooling. 7100 vaporizes at almost room temperature. You're supposed to immerse your components in it, the 7100 then vaporizes and is supposed to go up to cooling plates where it gives of it's heat, turns into a liquid and drips down into the bath once again. I'm not sure how the dynamics of the chamber on top of the modules are supposed to work, but I'm pretty sure that is not how you're supposed to cool using 7100.

Also I'm pretty sure this is somehow related to Der 8auer's Novec build from last year. Der 8auer uses Novec, this has Novec in it, so it must be good right?

If you're interested in how Novec 7100 I found this build made by a cryptominer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcb9TyQP5ZA

Actually, could Novec manufactures sue for defamation of their branding? "You're using it wrong" and all that?

4 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Actually, could Novec manufactures sue for defamation of their branding? "You're using it wrong" and all that?

Novec is a 3M brand, so 3M is the only one making it. Novec doesn't have any consumer applications since there are no off-the-shelve parts like liquid cooling. I'm pretty sure 3M is happy to sell 7100 to ADATA and claiming defamation is far sought.

45 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Did they ever actually say it was faster though? Seems more like "$#!T LMG SAYS".

They said "water* cooled", which is not true. The water is not cooling anything (no contact) and any air passing past it, is being blocked by the piping, thus letting the RAM get *warmer*. As no heat flow to the water, via metal heat sinks, no evapouration and no condensation... let alone any actual liquid flow. I'd say these are worse than zero effect, probably a negative effect and make everything warmer.

If it was "liquid optic RGB" then great, cool liquid lighting effect. But no, they gotta lie for the marketing buzz and a few extra bucks from the marks stupid enough to buy em for performance.

*I know it's novec, but "liquid" just sounds stranger here.

15 hours ago, darknessblade said:

7c.jpg

or this one:

watermem.jpg

now this is something I want to see a linus review on

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

4 hours ago, TechyBen said:

They said "water* cooled", which is not true. The water is not cooling anything (no contact) and any air passing past it, is being blocked by the piping, thus letting the RAM get *warmer*. As no heat flow to the water, via metal heat sinks, no evapouration and no condensation... let alone any actual liquid flow. I'd say these are worse than zero effect, probably a negative effect and make everything warmer.

If it was "liquid optic RGB" then great, cool liquid lighting effect. But no, they gotta lie for the marketing buzz and a few extra bucks from the marks stupid enough to buy em for performance.

*I know it's novec, but "liquid" just sounds stranger here.

They don't even say water cooled.  That was all Linus.  They do say liquid cooled, which it technically is.  It's not effective in any way as the heat doesn't have anywhere to go once the liquid absorbs it, and RAM only gets warm anyway, but that doesn't mean it's false.

The reality is that  the manufacturer never claimed it had any performance translation.  This was just another misleading thumbnail.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's not effective in any way as the heat doesn't have anywhere to go once the liquid absorbs it, and RAM only gets warm anyway, but that doesn't mean it's false.

The reality is that  the manufacturer never claimed it had any performance translation.  This was just another misleading thumbnail.

Actually, on their site ADATA says it is a functional heatsink, so that is wrong. Also they claim this design gives superior overclocking performance, so "faster" in layman's terms.

2 hours ago, maksakal said:

Actually, on their site ADATA says it is a functional heatsink, so that is wrong. Also they claim this design gives superior overclocking performance, so "faster" in layman's terms.

Please show me where it specifically says both of those things, because I don't see it. I also don't see where Linus tried to push the overclock limit.

He didn't even bother taking it apart. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no die/heatspreader contact, and that it's just fancy lights, but this video was mostly assumptions and false claims. The "can't wait till Linus gets back for a correction" editing further pointed to this being another rushed filler video with no real purpose other than to meet the daily quota.

I guess I just miss the quality over quantity days. LMG keeps starting new projects (how many YouTube channels do they even have now?) and attempting to keep the content rate on the old ones steady. Something has to give.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

7 hours ago, williamcll said:

now this is something I want to see a linus review on

haha yeah i know, this is the real liquid cooled memory i know. (its even cheaper than that RGB CRAP, since these addons cost around 15$ each+ 5$ each for high quality thermal-pads. so a max extra cost of 20$ over the regular ram price is still cheaper than these RPG module)

and since this has moving water the thermal conductivity is also greatly increased.

4 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Please show me where it specifically says both of those things, because I don't see it. I also don't see where Linus tried to push the overclock limit.

He didn't even bother taking it apart. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no die/heatspreader contact, and that it's just fancy lights, but this video was mostly assumptions and false claims. The "can't wait till Linus gets back for a correction" editing further pointed to this being another rushed filler video with no real purpose other than to meet the daily quota.

I guess I just miss the quality over quantity days. LMG keeps starting new projects (how many YouTube channels do they even have now?) and attempting to keep the content rate on the old ones steady. Something has to give.

Could've looked it up yourself....

http://www.adata.com/us/feature/553

* the liquid heatsink isn’t just functional; it’ll visually captivate and be the centerpiece of your rig.

*Meanwhile, the non-conductive fluid inside has the thermal stability and conductivity needed for efficient cooling.
* Hybrid cooling: Aluminum heatsink, thermally conductive materials on the PCB, and fluid with low boiling point work together to deliver excellent heat dissipation
* The SPECTRIX D80 isn’t just for the avid gamer and DIY enthusiast, but also the overclocker!

In fact they emphasize the "low boiling point" of the liquid several times, but the liquid is enclosed in a chamber, sooooo, yeah.... that's going to work. My brain tells me that a fluid no makey boily when in a pressure chamber. In fact in fact, I wouldn't be surpised to find out the fluid inside isn't Novec 7100. Novec is a whole line of fluids with specific applications and 7100 is one of the expensive ones. There are cheaper fluids in the Novec line which are non-conductive.

The specific point of this vid was to show heatspreaders don't do much for RAM memory, nomatter how fancy they look or the manufacturer says they are. Something about consumer awareness... You know, the whole point of channels like these.

I'll just ignore the rest of your comments for convenience sake.

I mean, it may be pointless but it looks darn good

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

On 15/07/2018 at 6:21 PM, darknessblade said:

7c.jpg

or this one:

watermem.jpg

that's what I've imagined

15 hours ago, maksakal said:

Could've looked it up yourself....

http://www.adata.com/us/feature/553

* the liquid heatsink isn’t just functional; it’ll visually captivate and be the centerpiece of your rig.

*Meanwhile, the non-conductive fluid inside has the thermal stability and conductivity needed for efficient cooling.
* Hybrid cooling: Aluminum heatsink, thermally conductive materials on the PCB, and fluid with low boiling point work together to deliver excellent heat dissipation
* The SPECTRIX D80 isn’t just for the avid gamer and DIY enthusiast, but also the overclocker!

In fact they emphasize the "low boiling point" of the liquid several times, but the liquid is enclosed in a chamber, sooooo, yeah.... that's going to work. My brain tells me that a fluid no makey boily when in a pressure chamber. In fact in fact, I wouldn't be surpised to find out the fluid inside isn't Novec 7100. Novec is a whole line of fluids with specific applications and 7100 is one of the expensive ones. There are cheaper fluids in the Novec line which are non-conductive.

The specific point of this vid was to show heatspreaders don't do much for RAM memory, nomatter how fancy they look or the manufacturer says they are. Something about consumer awareness... You know, the whole point of channels like these.

I'll just ignore the rest of your comments for convenience sake.

Thank you.  I was looking at the link provided by LMG (the Amazon one) and it doesn't say any of that.

You're right, them making those statements changes things.

On 16/07/2018 at 4:06 PM, JoostinOnline said:

They don't even say water cooled.  That was all Linus.  They do say liquid cooled, which it technically is.  It's not effective in any way as the heat doesn't have anywhere to go once the liquid absorbs it, and RAM only gets warm anyway, but that doesn't mean it's false.

We all know the "water" was "liquid", we all said that, why are you trying to correct something we already corrected? No, it is not "liquid" cooled either. Look at the temps in the video, it actually causes more heat buildup in the chips. I'd actually wonder if Linus/team could take off the "heat sink" and see if they run cooler!!!