Im planning on making a new pc and im wandering if push pull is worth it. If it is how would I set it up if I use corsair’s ml fans i would need more fan headers bc im planning on useing the h150i what uses 3 fan headers on the commander pro and 3 140 ll fans what use up the last 3 fan headers on the commander pro and I dont wana buy a second one just for 3 fans. Is there a way to set it up ware it can be controled throught corsair iCUE

Capture.PNG

9 hours ago, MadeInChina O69 said:

Im planning on making a new pc and im wandering if push pull is worth it. If it is how would I set it up if I use corsair’s ml fans i would need more fan headers bc im planning on useing the h150i what uses 3 fan headers on the commander pro and 3 140 ll fans what use up the last 3 fan headers on the commander pro and I dont wana buy a second one just for 3 fans. Is there a way to set it up ware it can be controled throught corsair iCUE

If you want more fans for a push/pull config what you can do is to run them off splitters to the Commander pro unit so it group controls the fans. Depending on the amperage capable of those header a good rule of thumb would be no more than 3 fans per header assuming it has a 1 amp capacity. 

11 hours ago, W-L said:

If you want more fans for a push/pull config what you can do is to run them off splitters to the Commander pro unit so it group controls the fans. Depending on the amperage capable of those header a good rule of thumb would be no more than 3 fans per header assuming it has a 1 amp capacity. 

Would the nactua spliters be good?

and can I do a set up like this:

2x ml120 on one commander pro pwm (3x)

and 3x ll140s on the left over 3 pwm ports

3 hours ago, MadeInChina O69 said:

Those would work, just don’t put all the fans with a splitter on a single header. 

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

Those would work, just don’t put all the fans with a splitter on a single header. 

gotcha, and what is the difference between https://www.corsair.com/us/en/LED-Color/Fan-Size/Package-Quantity/ml-pro-config/p/CO-9050040-WW and https://www.corsair.com/us/en/LED-Color/Fan-Size/Package-Quantity/ml-config/p/CO-9050039-WW ?

7 hours ago, MadeInChina O69 said:

I believe they are exactly the same other than the anti-vibration features added into the corners of the fans and the Pro version having both LED and RGB options. 

12 hours ago, MadeInChina O69 said:

Instead of fan splitters I would recommend using a Silverstone Fan Hub:

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00VNW556I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531789069&sr=8-1&keywords=silverstone fan controller&tag=linus21-20

It takes 1, 4 pin pwm port and splits it into 8, 4 pin pwm ports. Unlike splitters it uses the 4 pin pwn signal but does not draw power from it, so you can run 8 fans off of the hub without overloading 1 pwn port on your Commander Pro. This is because it draws power instead from a sata power cable.

1 hour ago, Mavflight09 said:

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-System-Cables-Black-CPF04/dp/B00VNW556I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531789069&sr=8-1&keywords=silverstone fan controller&tag=linus21-20

It takes 1, 4 pin pwm port and splits it into 8, 4 pin pwm ports. Unlike splitters it uses the 4 pin pwn signal but does not draw power from it, so you can run 8 fans off of the hub without overloading 1 pwn port on your Commander Pro. This is because it draws power instead from a sata power cable.

Does it matter what order I put the 3 extra fans in?

20 minutes ago, MadeInChina O69 said:

Does it matter what order I put the 3 extra fans in?

For the order it doesn't matter but you must populate header 1 so it provides a RPM siginal back to the commander unit in this case. 

On 7/15/2018 at 9:09 PM, W-L said:

1 hour ago, Mavflight09 said:

Oh wait... im dumb the 3 fans on the aio are connected to the aio pump(aio pump has 3 pwms.