LTX Feedback Thread (unofficial)

Keystone Nyan Cat

LTX got over yesterday and naturally- attendees like you and me may have feedback on the event- both about the meh and amazing- what you felt could be improved and what you loved and would like to see again; lets use this space to list all the feedback out! It's hot off the heels of LTX; so it only feels right to do so while its all fresh in memory. Just a few reminders about some rules/ guidelines though (taken from community standards):

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • No harassment, discrimination or abuse of any kind.
  • In the interests of personal safety we do not permit the posting of personal information other than your own. This includes usernames, email addresses etc.
  • We highly discourage the posting of and will actively remove any personal information of persons under the age of 16

PC in Profile

Overall, my son and I had fun, but son spent half the event in the VR line. I wanted to toss a case, but we were in the VR line. I wanted to try the 16K (or 10K?) gaming system, but we were in the VR line. He played for 2 minutes and died. After that, I pointed him to the mini golf, then hamster ball. I made him eat something, but all he wanted was a donut. Then, we were in the VR line. I couldn't take it anymore and I broke off (I mean, he didn't even know who Linus was at the time and I was missing it all) and somehow happened into a bind folded cable management competition, and he was in the VR line. I watched the Q and A and the Gamers Nexus show. He was in the VR line. I was bummed out that ticket number after our tickets won an optane ssd (I went to the guy that was in line in front of us?) and then even more bummed out to find out Louis Rossmann was there and I missed him when I was in the VR line. My son? Oh, he just finish his 2nd VR game.

At this point, I made him run up and catch some free swag and he took a Dbrand Grip for a Pixel to the face. When I asked if he was ok he answered with a, "Can we get back in the VR line?" I knew he was OK. Sadly, I had to tell him no because it was after 6pm, but on our way out, he was able to hop on the Apple 2gs just in time to kill off the last person alive in the Oregon trail game who was named none other than, Linus Sebastian.

Again, both of us had fun, but the lines were just too long to enjoy every both or in my son's case, play many, many games of VR.

As a side note: I don't think I will get much sleep until my son has a HTC Vive and a better video card for the pc I just started building him from my old Phenom 2 x6 parts. I just hope the cpu doesn't cause too much of a bottleneck. It almost gave me a heart attack when I seen how much the Phenom slowed my 980 ti when rendering a few iray scenes after I upgraded to a newer i7.

I waited in line for the case toss, but I didn't wait in any of the other lines (VR, 10k gaming).  I did enter the blindfolded cable management challenge and that had a signup!  Like you put your name down for a specific time, then came back at that time.

That may be a cool idea for the other things with long lines.  Have people signup for a specific time (or block of time) and just come back at that time instead of waiting in line.  I'm not sure how to make this work, like do you need to wait on a line to sign up?  Do it from an app?  How can this be done fairly?

This post is going to primarily focus on the bad; I'll follow up with what I liked a bit later.

###

I'll get the big one out of the way first- the kids. There were about 20-30 children at the venue and they-

• Linus specifically pointed to someone and gave gave them a keyboard. Almost all the kids who were in the direction wherein the keyboard was being passed tried grabbing it/ pulling it away for themselves.
  • Linus was perched between two centrally balanced tables at the Corsair booth (massive falling hazard)- me and another guest tried telling Linus that, but the two kids in front of us told us and I quote "Let him fall, it will be funny".
  • During giveaways both at the seating arena and outside, kids were propping each other up, elbowing the people around them, or unknowingly, having their hands come in contact with others faces when trying to grab stuff thrown around- which was a sure fire way to have a finger going inside someone's eye.
  • 7 year olds demanding and infact getting DBrand skins for phones towards the end of the event despite not having phones. (I'm not lying...)

Kids form a core part of Linus' audience, and even if I'm from the vanguard of old when Linus appealed to a more mature audience, I acknowledge they and the parents they bring in form a revenue stream for the event, and banning them would be alienating a core demographic of his recently aquired audience. That said, the risk of injury towards the other attendees outweighs fairness in my opinion; going by Lansyndicate- perhaps having a bar somewhere that serves drinks and having AO tickets- that would discourage parents from buying tickets for their children just on the basis of there being alcohol at the event; or alternatively- just outright having an age restriction of 18.

###

The second thing- the giveaways.

• Linus was throwing swag into the audience; aside from some of the stuff being heavy, people were fighting and flailing their arms around, despite other attendees being in close proximity- having fists and hands come in contact with the people around them in trying to catch a... $4 lanyard. I'm actually surprised no one got injured during the event over something so petty when thought about.
  • There were way too many- giveaways took place at almost hourly intervals and by their nature- forced people from moving away from their spot on long lines, or required doing something like taking photos which this audience, us introverts, don't really do naturally. That, and they rewarded skill (minesweeper, case toss, etc.) instead of luck (nothing wrong with it, maybe I'm just being salty).
  • People feeling entitled towards stuff given away/ thrown into the crowd. Aside from the kids, there was a gentleman on a wheelchair who approached Dennis as the phone cases were being given out and asked for a case- Dennis asked him whether he had an iPhone to which he replied No, but then followed up to the tune off, while his hand was on the package trying to pull it away- "I'm on a wheelchair, give it to me".
  • Big ticket items like the xP were raffled off at the end of the event. While I had the privilege of having someone drive me back to the airport, others from the US who came in via the Amtrak, Boltbus, or Greyhound had to leave at 5:00PM to make it to the stops at 5:30PM; while no prizes were unclaimed, I'm sure some people felt really conflicted between staying for a $1,000+ component, and missing a ride back home.

To solve this, perhaps have everything luck based- give off stuff like lanyards to guests as they enter the venue on a first come, first served, until supplies last basis; for stuff like the GPUs and CPUs, have a RNG generator with a 0.99% no and 0.01% yes spitter; and as people parttake in activities- hit the flip to see if they win something; or alternatively- give them a raffle based on participation. As for phone cases, as people are entering the venue, ask them or have a notice to show Colton their phones- if they have a matching phone- once again, give it on a first arrive, first served basis.

###

There were way too many people, and too little to do! The lines for everything were massive and took over 30 minutes; the sheer time barrier to entry deterred me and a few others I spoke to from participating at all within booths; moreso for stuff like VR which you can do from the comfort of your own home. The lines got large enough that after 1:30ish; I just sat in the stands (which actually stayed filled with other people as well by 2:00ish).

Possibly having a BYOC LAN area with networking and power with games like Unreal Tournament or Quake being run for prizes would help distributing the load around while giving people tired with standing in lines a space to sit down and engage in something during the day; it'd also be an amazing opportunity to have the crew play with us in large servers. Alternatively, charging more per ticket and having fewer tickets overall may work too.

###

Random notes-

• Painting/ glittering Linus' lambo felt disrespectful to me as a long time viewer of the channel.
  • Moving around the show floor was hard with the amount of people there were.
  • The questions asked seemed to PG, scripted, on-screen and "unreal"; I wanted to see and hear more from the crew, and my favorite part about LTX was having Linus talk about the journey to where he is. I know, from following you folks for a decade, that you're a bunch of really talented people who are way more knowledgeable than what you all put up on camera recently; I was hoping at LTX, that curtain would drop and so would the laser James, Linus drop tips, alongside that entire charade and you'd all let loose and let the "real" you the long time fans know of instead of the drama, hype, and quick laughs persona that's taken up on camera.

PC in Profile

Whew; I'm really glad I got that off my chest, it'd been eating away at me.

Now, let's discuss the amazing- how accessible you all were. I've been to events wherein the main celebrities are hidden away and only show up during talks or discussions- LTX was the opposite, and by that nature, amazing. From Linus greeting guests as they entered the venue for the first 30 minutes or so, getting one on one time with Luke to discuss a $30 Cherry keyboard or Colton to just talk about the channel, and being able to actually talk and shake Linus' hands- meeting the crew in person from growing up, watching your content through a screen, was surreal to say the least and a highlight for me from LTX. None of you gave me a vibe of being too busy nor too haughty, and were transparent, down to earth, and engaged with me as a fan in an earnest way- I don't know how to describe it other than to say I was speechless.

###

Interaction with fellow fans- through the past WAN shows, you'd been discussing how you wanted LTX to be an interactive event where you meet people- well, mission accomplished. The seating arrangements, long lines, and overall atmosphere fostered and encouraged talking to people, and since we're all techies, I hit it off with everyone almost immediately and got into conversations spanning almost an hour with others. Meeting people with similar tastes, talking about LTT, technology, and games, was unreal as even within my own social circles- I'd never met people as like minded as me before. 

###

Although I couldn't care less about giveaways- but among the people I spoke to and the person who taxied me- the amount of stuff that was given away was bonkers and actually made several people's days. From the exclusive NVidia hoodies to lanyards- having memorabilia of the event was pretty cool; and I know many people really appreciated it.

Edit- I'm putting me fangirling below in spoilers; no one really needs to read it and it detracts from the objective feedback I'm trying to give.

Spoiler

###

Randomness- I was on the fence on including this part, but to hell with it, I was objective with the negative- but for the positive, I'll let my emotions speak. This part may be classified as fangirlism, so feel free to skip it.

All of you were pretty much on the show floor all day, either helping with booths, interacting with fans, or coordinating talks and giveaways, and I can't even begin to imagine the mental and physical prep something like that takes, and it gave me another realm of appreciation for the amount of effort and work everyone puts in not just for the content we watch from home, but also for making the LTX experience truly unique. 

When talking with you, seeing your faces move, react and adjust to my responses in real time, was as though I was in a dream and comparable only to watching magical unicorns sprout rainbows all over. I know it sounds silly- but imagine watching someone through a screen everyday for about 4 hours each week- have them shape your morals, knowledge, outlook on life, and by extension- have an impact on what you've studied, the people you've met, and what you're currently doing for a living. Everything I am today- as a person, learner, worker, I owe it all to you. Watching your content taught me everything I know about computers and helped me land my first internship, inspired me to study IT in university, and take up this field as my career; whereas my morals and work ethic were shaped after the steadfast values Linus showcased and talked about on the WAN show (remember when it was the live show from his apartment and just had him reading twitter; good times, haha). I owe my success, both personally and professionally- to the LTT crew, and then just seeing them in person after thousands of hours of observing them and having them shape my life, but only this time, for real, rendered me speechless and served to validate the trip and event as a whole. 

Linus in particular actually shone light an actual bulb inperson (literally, it's as though someone had lights focused on him at all times), and seeing you all was surreal; seeing all of you walk down the line to enter the venue at about 8:30/9:00 just had me drop my jaw to say the least; and I actually stood, frozen with a jaw dropped and smile affixed seeing all of you; I don't know- seeing someone whose shaped your personal and professional life actually move in the flesh is... something else altogether.

Overall, the experience around seeing you folks in person and having the opportunity to interact with you validated this trip for me, and the giveaways, people I met, and appreciation were cherries and whipped cream atop a fabulous sundae; I loved every moment of seeing you all, and I'm definitely hauling my a$$ halfway around the world for this again; until we meet again then; thanks for having me over!

PC in Profile

@Dryuce2199 It sounds like your son is going to have some addictive tendency issues later in life xD "Just plug me right into the machine!"

I kind of figured that'd be the case though. Watching a wrap up video, it seemed like a pretty small venue.

@Keystone Nyan Cat You basically summed up what I figured the event would be like. Even worse for me, since I'd consider anyone under the age of around 18 to also be children, and while slightly less annoying, probably more cocky.

I find it hilarious you tried to comment on his safety; he's an adult, he can make his own calculated decisions on such matters ;) I think BYOC has too may liability issues, as well as way too much coordination required on their part. Plus what do people do with their computers if all the spaces are already taken up? You want them to increase their costs by hiring security? I don't think the giveaways should have to be changed...if the people from other areas who needed to take transport back really wanted to, they could pay the $100 for their chance at a $1,000 give away and stay the night at a B&B.

Seems like it was a good time had by all though! Maybe I'll drop into one in a couple years, or if they go abroad somewhere interesting.

Or, if they have a DBrand booth that installs the skin for you, I'd honestly just pay the $35 for that...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

15 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I find it hilarious you tried to comment on his safety; he's an adult, he can make his own calculated decisions on such matters ;) I think BYOC has too may liability issues, as well as way too much coordination required on their part. Plus what do people do with their computers if all the spaces are already taken up? You want them to increase their costs by hiring security? I don't think the giveaways should have to be changed...if the people from other areas who needed to take transport back really wanted to, they could pay the $100 for their chance at a $1,000 give away and stay the night at a B&B.

I'm not sure I follow through about what you mean by "you tried to comment on his safety"; if possible, could you explain that a bit more?

To address your point for a LAN party- for BYOC- you don't need much- just throw a few benches and tables together, organize some power and networking- and bam, you've got a LAN party; as for seating- have as many spaces as there are attendees? My suggestion stems from attending LANSyndicate a few years back- they had a few hundred attendees with workstations and such- which were being propped up on some bare steel frames and had us sitting on similar bare steel chairs; there were no thefts, damages, or anything of the sort :P As for security- LANSyndicate didn't have any- LTX on the other hand already had 2-3 security staff (appeared to be professionals who were contracted) at the venue; they're already paying for security. At the same time though- LANSyndicate went over the course of 3 days- so I see your point- for a one day event, it'd be way too much work to bring in and bring back out networking from a sports stadium no less.

As for giveaways- to each his own and how they tend to deal with availability- I was just voicing a concern; but I did feel as though atleast on the tail half of the event, the entire thing was just focused around giveaways when the event was about so much more than that- don't get me wrong- I like giveaways as much as the next person, but they should be a part of the event, not the focus of it. :P 

Seeing them in person is pretty amazing and definitely worth the trouble; the event as a whole was pretty fun too! If you get the opportunity to- definitely try making it to the one next year; if you do and if my own situation allows- maybe see you there in 2019?! :) 

PC in Profile

Alright, I know the team already knows a lot of this (I was in a line and a girl who I cant remember the name of [sorry!] was asking for feedback on the event and a bunch of people in said line told her a lot of whats been said already and whats in my post) but I'll put my thoughts here anyways.

I'll just put everything in to 2 lists in no particular order

Good things:

• Lots of stuff to do, some of it was cool, some wasnt (I personally wasnt interested in doing some things, and I stood in line for VR for an hour before giving up on trying it)
  • Was very nice being able to meet and talk to all the team members (I personally got my "overclocked shirt" [Best thing I can think of as to what to call it] signed by a bunch of the team members, and even tho I love the shirt, I'm never wearing it, because that shirt is worth too much to me for me to even have a chance at ruining it, seriously, that was awesome!)
  • Lots of giveaways (This is also going to be marked as a bad thing, not because I dont like more stuff being given away, but ill talk about that in the "Bad things list")
  • A bunch of cool guests (Kinda sucks that louis left early tho)

Bad things:

• Too many people (This one is a bit of a two-parter, 1. lines were way too long [I was in line for VR for an hour and wasn't even close to getting to try it], 2. As @Keystone Nyan Cat said, the kids, they were running around with little regard for safety of others, and they took away from the event, thankfully they weren't too much of an issue between giveaways, but during giveaways, they ran fast.... like.... really fast....)
  • Lots of giveaways (Told ya id mark this as a bad thing as well! The bad part of this is just the execution, a lot of the giveaways [particularly before noon, and around 3-ish] were focused on running around the entire event, which, ignoring the fact that most of us are complete introverts and aren't used to running around looking for people [poor audience match, in a way], was also not great considering that to run around the entire event, you had to run between a bunch of people in lines or risk losing to the 11 year old kid who runs faster than sonic, which was not safe at all)
  • Audio (The audio for the mic that linus and other guests used were fine, the speakers however, made such a bad echo you literally could not understand what was being said unless you were in the stage area, i'm genuinely surprised that someone was able to hear what number was drawn in one of the day-end giveaways, standing in the giant mess of people at the stage entrance)
  • The poor lambo... Rest in peace, for you will never be forgotten...

Overall, the event was awesome, but since this is the feedback thread, and I plan on going next year, I might as well suggest ways to make next year better!

"Every program needs 2 things: 1: A dark theme... and 2: A 'Fuck off!' button, no exceptions!" -Me

10 minutes ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

I'm not sure I follow through about what you mean by "you tried to comment on his safety"; if possible, could you explain that a bit more?

To address your point for a LAN party- for BYOC- you don't need much- just throw a few benches and tables together, organize some power and networking- and bam, you've got a LAN party;

Seeing them in person is pretty amazing and definitely worth the trouble; the event as a whole was pretty fun too! If you get the opportunity to- definitely try making it to the one next year; if you do and if my own situation allows- maybe see you there in 2019?! :) 

You stated:

Linus was perched between two centrally balanced tables at the Corsair booth (massive falling hazard)- me and another guest tried telling Linus that, but the two kids in front of us told us and I quote "Let him fall, it will be funny".

That's what I was referring to ;)

Yeah, it just seems like they wouldn't have that much space for that. After all, it wasn't a LAN party first.

I don't think I'd go, to be honest. None of the events are something I'd pay money to do, and I hate kids so seeing that it was more like a tech focused Chucky Cheese as I predicted pretty much sealed it's fate for me ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12k people?... too many for my liking mhmmm

Oh 1.2k? mhmmm okay. 

We should have a PC salon, just like Auto salon. Who wants to see how wel...terribly my system runs 3D mark?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I had a lot of fun, and got to talk to quite a few people, which was good. Talking to Steve from GN in person wouldn't have been possible for me without this event. It was super fun seeing his reaction to the Gucci sandals.

The triple head VR rig had the cool internals pointed towards the line for VR, which discouraged looking at the system. I felt like I was budging in line when I went to take a look at it. Games like the Minesweeper challenge and blindfold cable management had far too few open spots to play. Blindfold cables was fully booked halfway through the show, maybe only let people book an hour in advance?

I kinda felt bad about Linus's car, until he said (on a later livestream) that it was basically worthless and he needed to replace it. Had this been the Going Away Paint Party for the lambo I'd have felt much better about 'ruining' the car.

• 1 year later...

Overall I was really impressed with everything. It felt really well organized but there are a few things I think could be improved upon next year as well as some stuff that I think was really good.

• Bigger! I think everyone at LMG didn't realize how many people are interested in this kind of event. There's more area available in the Vancouver Convention Center and I think there's enough of an audience to use all of it.
  • More of one event. I ended up not doing things like VR or the case toss because the lines were long and moving slowly. If there were 2 or 3 case tosses that line could move way faster and I think more people would participate and do things 2 or 3 times if there wasn't such a long wait time.
  • QR codes linking to the website plastered everywhere would be super useful. Need a floor map? QR code! Need the main stage schedule? QR code! It would be pretty easy to just slap them in the corners of posters.
  • The only place I could find meet and greet times was right outside the meet and greet area on one board.
  • I think a meet and greet area for LMG staff would've been great. That way everyone can see who they want and LMG staff wouldn't be pulled from their work as often to sign stuff and take photos when they're trying to get stuff done. I almost didn't get Brandon's signature because I didn't want to bug him while he was working and just caught him before he left and I didn't get Colton's signature because he always seemed pretty busy and I didn't want to disturb him.
  • Separate labeled signs for the meet and greet. People were all waiting in one line for 2 different creators and when the line split they didn't know which line was for who.
  • I know that it's ultimately Madrinas who makes the call to or to not have a booth but there was a huge missed opportunity to have on-site Madrinas coffee all night long at the BYOC. So many people I talked to said the only reason they don't buy Madrinas coffee was because of shipping prices and LTX would be a great place for people to try it. And the same goes for Savage Jerky.
  • There was that post on Twitter with all those 2080s and 2080tis and I had no clue how to get one. A map with all the places you could win hardware would be great.
  • More random prize draws would be great. Many of the contests heavily favored skill and your average person had no chance of getting anything. Instead of the furthest case toss winning something maybe you get a ticket for every meter (4 meters 4 tickets etc). That way you're still rewarded if your good at something but everyone still has a chance. This idea could be applied to almost every event and would make people feel that it was fair.
  • Throwing stuff into the crowd is generally a bad idea. I think it's a super fun thing to do and I wish it could happen but it rewards the people who are really aggressive and do just about anything to get whatever being thrown and it leaves some people feeling really cheated. I was sitting in the front row made eye contact with Dennis and he tossed a t-shirt right into my lap but the person next to me put his arm out in front of me and took it. It feels terrible, like you were just cheated, and of course me being super introverted and non confrontational didn't say anything to the person, after all its just a shirt. But no, that shirt is going to haunt me for at least a week. Not because I care so much about that shirt but because it was intended for me and someone was selfish and took it. I saw on multiple occasions LMG employees make eye contact with kids and very clearly toss something right to them but before the kid could catch it someone else snatched it. Then the whole process of "No that wasn't for you, that was for him/her" takes place. In my opinion there are only two ways to throw prizes. 1. You have so many that everyone can take home 10 and you'd still have extra so the people who will take as many as they can carry literally can't carry anymore and everyone else gets a chance to grab them or. 2. You pick people from the audience and call them out so it's made very clear that the thing being thrown is for them. ex.You in the pink shirt! Catch!
  • To my knowledge there wasn't a live stream of the event. I know that there was talk of a wireless streaming setup that could walk around the floor but I never saw it. I'm sure there was probably a technical issue, I've worked with a couple wireless video systems and have found them unreliable at best

And now you've made it this far here's the positive!

• All the retro stuff was awesome! As a young person who never had seen 99% of that stuff, It was really cool to see it all and see it working.
  • The main stage ALWAYS had something going on. I almost put this as a negative point because day 1 I felt like I didn't get to see many booths but on day 2 I wasn't interested in a couple of panels so I got to go see booths. Having a place with something always happening meant that even if you were just chilling or eating lunch you felt like a part of LTX. I've ended up sitting in corners alone at conventions before because I didn't feel like going to any more booths and there was nothing else to do and it makes you feel lonely but at LTX I always felt like I was a part of something.
  • James was such an amazing host and read the crowd really well. I don't know quite how to describe it but it was absolutely fantastic, I've never seen a crowd and host interact so dynamically and I don't think I will again until LTX 2020
  • Merch was available in CAD, a huge bonus for your local boy
  • I never felt like there was nothing to do, there was always a panel, meet and greet or booth that I wanted to go see and I was so busy that I forgot to eat lunch on day 2
  • The meet and greet lines were long and slow but it was because creators were talking with their fans for at least a minute. Luke got caught up all day 1 because he wasn't just signing, photo, done and next. He had full-on conversations with people. The fact that creators were spending time with people and going overtime on their meet and greet to do so means so much.
  • The game booths didn't call you out. You know that one salesman at the mall who guilts you into listening to their 20-minute spiel and trying this and that. Not a problem at LTX, If you showed interest and walked up to the booth staff would greet you and ask if you wanted to hear about their product or game. It's such a little thing but it's so nice.
  • Tickets were pretty affordable. $50 for a 2 day pass is reasonable and I think it strikes a good balance between recouping costs and being accessible for most people.

I will be updating this post as more things come to mind. Can't wait to see you all again next year!

On 7/16/2018 at 7:52 AM, Dryuce2199 said:

Overall, my son and I had fun, but son spent half the event in the VR line. I wanted to toss a case, but we were in the VR line. I wanted to try the 16K (or 10K?) gaming system, but we were in the VR line. He played for 2 minutes and died. After that, I pointed him to the mini golf, then hamster ball. I made him eat something, but all he wanted was a donut. Then, we were in the VR line. I couldn't take it anymore and I broke off (I mean, he didn't even know who Linus was at the time and I was missing it all) and somehow happened into a bind folded cable management competition, and he was in the VR line. I watched the Q and A and the Gamers Nexus show. He was in the VR line. I was bummed out that ticket number after our tickets won an optane ssd (I went to the guy that was in line in front of us?) and then even more bummed out to find out Louis Rossmann was there and I missed him when I was in the VR line. My son? Oh, he just finish his 2nd VR game.

At this point, I made him run up and catch some free swag and he took a Dbrand Grip for a Pixel to the face. When I asked if he was ok he answered with a, "Can we get back in the VR line?" I knew he was OK. Sadly, I had to tell him no because it was after 6pm, but on our way out, he was able to hop on the Apple 2gs just in time to kill off the last person alive in the Oregon trail game who was named none other than, Linus Sebastian.

Again, both of us had fun, but the lines were just too long to enjoy every both or in my son's case, play many, many games of VR.

As a side note: I don't think I will get much sleep until my son has a HTC Vive and a better video card for the pc I just started building him from my old Phenom 2 x6 parts. I just hope the cpu doesn't cause too much of a bottleneck. It almost gave me a heart attack when I seen how much the Phenom slowed my 980 ti when rendering a few iray scenes after I upgraded to a newer i7.

Edited this as I realized this was a comment about LTX 18! LOL!

7 minutes ago, Cash091 said:

The VR booth was bigger and better this year! I helped volunteer and the line went pretty smooth and people had about 16 to 18 minutes of play time with 8 Vive Pro Headsets!!