Gpu Temp High on Customloop

Hi,

About a month ago i installed my first custom loop.

And at first the gpu temps were great, around the 40c on full load. (1080 Ti)

But i noticed that the temps were creeping higher.

And now they hit around 60c on full load. (Even with undervolting)

The fan and pump speeds are around the same. (360+240 Rad)

Anyone know whats up.

How long were you testing at full load initially, generally it takes an hour or 2 with a load to plateau temps in a loop. I'm guessing you are comparing a short load test with a gaming session or a synthetic test after hours of operation.

Went to work and came back to check so around 4 hours

360+240 rad

22 hours ago, mortino said:

How long were you testing at full load initially, generally it takes an hour or 2 with a load to plateau temps in a loop. I'm guessing you are comparing a short load test with a gaming session or a synthetic test after hours of operation.

Both temperatures were captured after around 2-3 of gaming.

4 minutes ago, Ts2001 said:

Both temperatures were captured after around 2-3 of gaming.

Ok a few questions. what kind of TIM are you using, what metals are you using for your blocks, do you have a chunk of silver in your loop, or any kind of anti bacterial agent? What liquid and additives are you using?

3 hours ago, Ts2001 said:

Hi,

And at first the gpu temps were great, around the 40c on full load. (1080 Ti)

But i noticed that the temps were creeping higher.

And now they hit around 60c on full load. (Even with undervolting)

The fan and pump speeds are around the same. (360+240 Rad)

Anyone know whats up.

Could you list your components and provide a photo we can usually get a good idea of the configuration and if there are any problems.

19 hours ago, mortino said:

Ok a few questions. what kind of TIM are you using, what metals are you using for your blocks, do you have a chunk of silver in your loop, or any kind of anti bacterial agent? What liquid and additives are you using?

All the watercooling components are ekwb. The fittings, rads, blocks, coolant and even the fans are all ek

19 hours ago, W-L said:

Could you list your components and provide a photo we can usually get a good idea of the configuration and if there are any problems.

1080 To strix 1.010 mv

4770k 1.180 V

240+360 Rad

Corsair 600c inverted case.

Intake at the bottom exhaust at the front.

20180606_162656.jpg

46 minutes ago, Ts2001 said:

1080 To strix 1.010 mv

4770k 1.180 V

240+360 Rad

Corsair 600c inverted case.

Intake at the bottom exhaust at the front.

Overall I don't see anything that would point me to seeing why there would be a sudden rise in GPU temps. For a GPU 60C isn't bad under a stress test, but are the idle temps also relatively high? 

38 minutes ago, W-L said:

Overall I don't see anything that would point me to seeing why there would be a sudden rise in GPU temps. For a GPU 60C isn't bad under a stress test, but are the idle temps also relatively high? 

Idle temps are around the 30c

That sounds pretty alright, how long did you stress test the system before to get 40C load temps, for a fairly large loop like that you might need to run it for over an hour to get the fluid and everything up to running temps to get accurate measurements. At 60C those are reasonable temps for a 1080ti under full load. 

Was it bled perfectly? No air managed to move and get stuck in the block. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I notice your using colored coolant. It could be build up on the fins of the blocks from the coolant your using.

if indeed the temp difference from fresh loop to now is 20c, and in just a month and your sure you have done nothign to affect it urself, personaly i woud tear it down and check to see whats going on.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

8 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

I notice your using colored coolant. It could be build up on the fins of the blocks from the coolant your using.

Imho pretty unlikely since it's just a month old. It's not a fancy opaque fluid with effect particles that can gunk up your system in half a year.

On 15.7.2018 at 12:56 AM, Ts2001 said:

Have you thoroughly cleaned all your components before building the loop? Rinsed the radiators with a little bit of water pressure and disassembled your blocks to clean them? It could be some production residue that got loose and is now clogging your block. Is the GPU block the first block after the pump? If it is the first block it's likely the one to get clogged by dirt.

I have to agree with @W-L though: temps aren't that hot. It's the change that's a bit worrying.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!