Looking for "soap opera" effect

Scotch2o

I know I'm one of the weird ones but I am looking for a TV that has the "soap opera" effect built in. I want the effect for a second PC, it's actually my streaming PC, that I watch all my youtube, netflix, ect. on. Higher frame rates will always look better to me. I have used a few software solutions for higher FPS but they don't work with netflix or amazon. I own the SVP software if you are curious.

So to the heart of my question, I am trying to find a TV with the effect on all the time, preferably 4k because why not and I would like it to be under 40 inches because desk space. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Be sure to check me out on my stream @ Scotch2o and follow me for updates on my stream on Twitter.

The term you're looking for it motion-interpolation and most smart-TVs should already have that; Philips's implementation, for example, is called "Perfect Natural Motion." Some TVs have it enabled by default, some don't. That said, you have to understand that it doesn't work right if you don't set display refresh-rate on the PC to match the video-content's refresh-rate, ie. if you just set the resolution to 1080p @ 60Hz on your streaming-PC and then go off to play video from Netflix or whatever -- the TV will just see a 60Hz-signal and will do the interpolation based on that, instead of the 23.976Hz that most video-content is played at.

As for recommendations on specific TVs, I have none. I don't buy TVs often enough to be able to give out any recommendations; my current TV is already like 7 years old by now.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Yeah I knew the name of it but I figured I should stick with the common nomenclature, thanks though it always helps to be more specific!

Be sure to check me out on my stream @ Scotch2o and follow me for updates on my stream on Twitter.

I'm currently leaning towards the TCL 43S517 looks to have just about everything I would like. Still open to suggestions though.

Also looking at the Vizio E-series 43 E43-F1.