Razer and Terrible Support

TubsAlwaysWins

So I would just like to start off with saying I would love to hear other peoples opinions on Razer , and ive had some good support but right now im 110% done with their bullshit.

I was given a Razer mechanical keyboard case for iPad Pro last year for my birthday (In a little less than a month). The hinges on the case snap off, so I RMA the case and everything is great. New case comes in, life is great. I used the new case for 2 months and then it sat in storage for 3 months, untouched by anyone. Start using it again, Hinges break. So I RMA the case. They are out of stock so I get in store credit worth the case ($169.99).

I dont want another one of those cases because the RMA is tedious and I should not have to RMA a freaking $170 case every two months because they cant design a hinge. Im trying to get a refund for my in store credit, and apparently they cant, refunds can only be given for a product 14 days after the purchase date. The guy says its based on the origional purchase date too, which probably isnt true based on my first time with an RMA. So instead of Razer doing what IMO the right thing is and just giving me a refund here on the spot, I have to use the credit for a new case and then return it.

I would say this is unacceptable from a company. You should NEVER have to RMA something every 2 months for a manufacturer defect that is on every product.

What are your guys' thoughts on the matter? Am I full of crap? Are they?

Also, does anyone know a way for me to get in contact with a  Razer Rep or someone who can help me get through this without all this complication.

Thanks and sorry for the rant

Breaking things 1 day at a time

On ‎2018‎년 ‎7‎월 ‎14‎일 at 6:55 AM, TubsAlwaysWins said:

So I would just like to start off with saying I would love to hear other peoples opinions on Razer , and ive had some good support but right now im 110% done with their bullshit.

I was given a Razer mechanical keyboard case for iPad Pro last year for my birthday (In a little less than a month). The hinges on the case snap off, so I RMA the case and everything is great. New case comes in, life is great. I used the new case for 2 months and then it sat in storage for 3 months, untouched by anyone. Start using it again, Hinges break. So I RMA the case. They are out of stock so I get in store credit worth the case ($169.99).

I dont want another one of those cases because the RMA is tedious and I should not have to RMA a freaking $170 case every two months because they cant design a hinge. Im trying to get a refund for my in store credit, and apparently they cant, refunds can only be given for a product 14 days after the purchase date. The guy says its based on the origional purchase date too, which probably isnt true based on my first time with an RMA. So instead of Razer doing what IMO the right thing is and just giving me a refund here on the spot, I have to use the credit for a new case and then return it.

I would say this is unacceptable from a company. You should NEVER have to RMA something every 2 months for a manufacturer defect that is on every product.

What are your guys' thoughts on the matter? Am I full of crap? Are they?

Also, does anyone know a way for me to get in contact with a  Razer Rep or someone who can help me get through this without all this complication.

Thanks and sorry for the rant

I feel you bro. I hate razer as well. Their QC just sux. Min is not doing his job. My razer deathadder died after 2 years of light use. (around 5 hours of use weekly on a desktop) My razer blade 14 USB port busted 16 months after the purchase date. By then, no warranty. I hate razer now. Their stuff just breaks. They implemented these morally reprehensible time bomb tactics from automobile industries so that people keep on buying their stuff.  I feel your pain man.  

Edited by Srnewbee
wrong word

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

6 hours ago, Srnewbee said:

I feel you bro. I hate razer as well. Their QC just sux. Min is not doing his job. My razer deathadder died after 2 years of light use. (around 5 hours of use weekly on a desktop) My razer blade 14 USB port busted 16 months after the purchase date. By then, no warranty. I hate razer now. Their stuff just breaks. They implemented these morally reprehensible time bomb tactics from automobile industries so that people keep on buying their stuff.  I feel your pain man.  

At least in my experience they pay shipping both ways but it still sucks

Breaking things 1 day at a time

• 2 weeks later...

I also feel your pain and have horrible experience with them. First I had Razer mouse Lachesis. It stopped working after an year (laser died). Then I had their keyboard "Lycosa". It had defect, keyboard was going unresponsive sometimes until you would unplug and replug it. When I contacted to their support, they told me it's a factory defect and they couldn't help me. I googled it and saw lots of people had same problem. I will NEVER EVER buy anything from them. As someone said here, their product just breaks and it's unreliable, plus they have horrible prices for their products. There are much better companies to go with but better quality builds like Corsair for example.