Xbox 1 S and Acer Predator X34 (1st model) 1440p?

GingerSoulThief

here's a question, that I don't seem to able to google and find an answer (or atleast one that satisfies my brain).

how do I make it work? I can select it in my display options of the xbox, but then it black screens and returns to 1080p.

what in gods name am I doing wrong? HDMI connection to X34 (DP is taken up by my PC)

31 minutes ago, 7_four_seven_4 said:

how do I make it work?

You don't..,

It seems that G-Sync Monitors only work on nVidia Hardware, not on others.

I've read somewhere else in this Forum that another guy had Problems with his G-Sync Monitor and non nVidia Graphics - didn't work for him either.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

The Xbox wont take advantage of G-Sync. Only Nvidia hardware. You're best off using a high refresh rate TV or live without G-Sync.

hi.

it wasn't the G-sync I was trying to get working, my bad, I should've said its the 1440p that I wanted displayed.

The X34 is a 1440p ultrawide. Unless it has a HDMI2.0 input, it won't even do that resolution and certainly not above 60Hz. So what resolution are you selecting on the Xbox at what refresh rate? 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

That could be the issue, I believe HDMI 1.4 was on the first model, but HDMI 2.0 was on the second........

I was selecting 1440p at 60Hz