When Will Nintendo add a Youtube App to the Nintendo Switch

So... I have a nintendo switch... 

IMG_20180712_014723.jpg.6e08b3d192fe2052d4dacafadfc9a9c4.jpg

And as you may or may not notice I am currently waiting for fortnite to fix its servers so I can play fortnite... I want to watch some youtube... and (let's pretend my laptop is dead and I don't feel like charging it) my switch doesn't have a youtube app... I am bummed and I hate nintendo a little bit.

So. nintendo... ADD MEDIA APPS TO THE SWITCH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY... your stocks will go up just F***ING DO IT!!!

if you want to fix this go to this link VVVVV

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-adding-a-youtube-app-to-the-nintendo-switch?recruiter=888529193&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

image.png.d2d2dc05876e4eab2cf2bde068e1279d.png

probably never...

As they did with the other consoles ;)

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

As they did with the other consoles ;)

pretty sure the 3ds has a youtube app or at least a browser

15 minutes ago, Ninjasupahsquid said:

pretty sure the 3ds has a youtube app or at least a browser

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/-WhBDjE8ODIy1KlN-9A0eiR8Y5AjqpZM

Oh, yeah, you are right.

They might have removed the browser because that was the way to hack the WiiU. And also some other systems. Without the Browser you don't have this vulnerability...

16 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The 3DS, Wii, and Wii U had apps.

I already admitted that before you posted :P

And I also included a Link to the WiiU version of the App.

Though I believe it didn't work or something like that. And I didn't even think about using that on the WiiU anyway. I rarely even used the integrated Browser. If I want to surf the Interwebs, I'd use a PC or something like that....

21 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I already admitted that before you posted :P

And I also included a Link to the WiiU version of the App.

Though I believe it didn't work or something like that. And I didn't even think about using that on the WiiU anyway. I rarely even used the integrated Browser. If I want to surf the Interwebs, I'd use a PC or something like that....

Sorry, sometimes I respond without reading the entire topic.

You're right about the Youtube app not working on the 3DS though.  Nintendo blocked it after a DNS exploit was used via the app.  It was after I had started to leave the hacking community, but I released quite a few projects back in the earlier days.  Back then, one of the main focuses of softmodding a console was to give you the ability to use it as a media player. 

Nintendo never looks at the big picture.  They focus on small areas, and leave gaping holes alone.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Probably whenever they decide to put Netflix, Crunchy roll, and all that stuff on.  So yeah never.

When these third parties release apps. NicoNico already has an app so the idea that Nintendo are blocking these is a bit illinformed....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

On 7/14/2018 at 4:07 AM, skywake said:

When these third parties release apps. NicoNico already has an app so the idea that Nintendo are blocking these is a bit illinformed....

I think its less of them actively blocking them and more of just its been a long while now since the Switch released without them that people just kinda expect em not to happen.

On 7/17/2018 at 12:38 AM, LordOTaco said:

I think its less of them actively blocking them and more of just its been a long while now since the Switch released without them that people just kinda expect em not to happen.

True. Either way I find it hard to care. Every other device in your house already does everything so having one device that only does one thing isn't the end of the world. The idea that consoles must also be media-hubs belongs back in 2000-2010. Back when the Playstation was a Trojan horse for new disc formats and the 360 was the cheapest way to get HD content on your TV. These days you have a phone in your pocket, a chromecast in your TV and a BluRay player under it. 

Don't get me wrong, the Switch would make a nice little device for watching Netflix. It's just that for me and probably most people it's only valuable in the same way that the "take a photo" mode on a car dashcam is valuable. If for some reason it's the only device you have with you at that point that does it? Then sure, it becomes useful. But most of the time you're going to have access to something else that does a better job.

On 7/20/2018 at 6:04 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

I'm in the camp that Nintendo won't do it because why? You likely already have a device that can view YouTube videos. And even if you take it with you, you're stuck on Wi-Fi and public Wi-Fi tends to suck for streaming video content.

because there are some people like me who don't have any other devices to watch youtube videos on... I'm doing this at my public library

3 hours ago, Ninjasupahsquid said:

because there are some people like me who don't have any other devices to watch youtube videos on... I'm doing this at my public library

If you can afford a Switch, you can probably afford a cheap phone or tablet that can do that and much more.

Would it be nice to have the device you already carry around do it? Sure. But I wouldn't hold my breath for Nintendo to care about non-gaming features on their systems.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If you can afford a Switch, you can probably afford a cheap phone or tablet that can do that and much more.

but when u blow all your money on a console that doesn't have multimedia functions... you're kinda out of luck

1 minute ago, Ninjasupahsquid said:

but when u blow all your money on a console that doesn't have multimedia functions... you're kinda out of luck

And I found used tablets on Craiglist for $50 or less. Unless saving up the $300 for a Switch took a lifetime, I'm sure you can come up with $50 long before Nintendo caves in.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

And I found used tablets on Craiglist for $50 or less. Unless saving up the $300 for a Switch took a lifetime, I'm sure you can come up with $50 long before Nintendo caves in.

I still want nintendo to cave in

how is one person not playing on a console that they saved a ton of money for going to change anything

49 minutes ago, Ninjasupahsquid said:

how is one person not playing on a console that they saved a ton of money for going to change anything

Lots of individuals made a statement and got something to change. 

But in any case, my reason for not caring is that I don't think having YouTube or any other media app would help Nintendo or the Switch ecosystem. Nor would opening up the Switch to become something like another tablet would help. I wouldn't consider it forever banned as an option, but right now? It doesn't make sense.

I see Nintendo as operating at their own pace. Doing their own thing. And sometimes it becomes a big thing while other times it doesn't work out that much. But they still tried, they still believed in what they did to try to set them apart.

To simply add other apps because they "don't see the big picture" (whatever that is) goes against this ethos. The fact the Switch didn't come with such out of the gate or any announcements have been made to suggest such tells me Nintendo doesn't care. And when a company doesn't care, it'll show in the execution.

Besides that, there are a few times I've seen people clamour for features because it's what they (and "they" usually means "the market") want. Take backwards compatibility for instance. People demanded it. People said it'd be a killer feature.

And so Microsoft added it to the Xbox One. The Xbox One is still a distant second (or is it third now?) Some killer feature that was.

On 7/22/2018 at 8:23 PM, Ninjasupahsquid said:

because there are some people like me who don't have any other devices to watch youtube videos on...

A very niche market. If you have enough money for a Switch and games you have enough money for a phone or tablet. This isn't 2005 when the DS launched and having a web browser on a portable device was surprising.