Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LIQUIDFOX00200

Problem installing Kali Linux

The problem is that you're installing kali linux. Don't do that, it's meant to be used as a live environment. If you want to install a linux distribution that has access to kali's built in software install ubuntu or debian.

As for why the installation is failing, it could be for a variety of reasons - posting the exact steps you went through to get here and your system configuration might help us determine which one it is. For instance, are you *sure* you have enough disk space and that you selected the correct drive in the installer? How did you partition said drive?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I get this error while installing 

2018-07-10_02-47-16-a0922c63fdb7bd08171511ff963d9a5a.png

I tried this:- https://kali.training/topic/troubleshooting-installations/

I pressed this on this error screen:- CTRL+SHIFT+F5/F4/F3/F2/F1, But no help, Console is not opening!!

I cannot start Debug Log Server, because the Internet is required and I am having DHCP error when I try to connect to the internet on the installer!! 

I checked the iso image with SHA sums, the iso is correct!!

I tried on the second computer but still get the error!!

How to open CONSOLE?? I Pressed CTRL+SHIFT+F5/F4/F3/F2/F1 on this screen!!! How to open the console so I can solve the problem

12 hours ago, Fleetscut said:

The general keyboard shortcut to change TTY's is Ctrl+Alt+Fkey. What part of the installation did it fail at?

The failing step is installing the system.

Says on the screen shot.

It might be the partition of root doesn't have enough space free.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Posted · Best Answer

The problem is that you're installing kali linux. Don't do that, it's meant to be used as a live environment. If you want to install a linux distribution that has access to kali's built in software install ubuntu or debian.

As for why the installation is failing, it could be for a variety of reasons - posting the exact steps you went through to get here and your system configuration might help us determine which one it is. For instance, are you *sure* you have enough disk space and that you selected the correct drive in the installer? How did you partition said drive?

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:44 PM, Sauron said:

thank you, I asked my computer teacher, he also said the same thing, I will install it as VM in VirtualBox!!

On 7/13/2018 at 7:44 PM, Sauron said:

If you want to install a linux distribution that has access to kali's built in software install ubuntu or debian.

Is it possible?? I heard that you can do this on Arch Linux (install BlackArch on top of Arch Linux), But I never heard that you can do this with Kali!! (install Kali on top of Ubuntu or Debian)

How to do that??

6 hours ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

Is it possible?? I heard that you can do this on Arch Linux (install BlackArch on top of Arch Linux), But I never heard that you can do this with Kali!! (install Kali on top of Ubuntu or Debian)

How to do that??

That's not how it works, Kali is just Debian with a few preinstalled packages. If you need a specific package that comes with Kali (for example wireshark) just google "how to install wireshark on debian". Blackarch is just arch linux with preinstalled packages, you can easily reach the same configuration with a vanilla arch installation. You definitely don't install kali "on top of" anything.

If you're used to windows, imagine there was a version called "doors" that was just windows with chrome preinstalled or something. To get the same thing starting from windows you wouldn't need to install doors "on top of" windows, you'd just need to install chrome.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

On 7/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, Sauron said:

That's not how it works, Kali is just Debian with a few preinstalled packages. If you need a specific package that comes with Kali (for example wireshark) just google "how to install wireshark on debian". Blackarch is just arch linux with preinstalled packages, you can easily reach the same configuration with a vanilla arch installation. You definitely don't install kali "on top of" anything.

If you're used to windows, imagine there was a version called "doors" that was just windows with chrome preinstalled or something. To get the same thing starting from windows you wouldn't need to install doors "on top of" windows, you'd just need to install chrome.

So, which Linux will give best results with packages from Kali Linux?? Example:- Ubuntu?? Debian ?? Zorin OS??

2 hours ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

So, which Linux will give best results with packages from Kali Linux?? Example:- Ubuntu?? Debian ?? Zorin OS??

Why you want to install Kali? It's hard to tell you to pick a distro if your usage is unclear. Kali has a custom kernel patched specifically for penetration testing so I say pentesting softwares will work best on Kali. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Check out my guide on creating your own private cloud storage

34 minutes ago, wasab said:

Why you want to install Kali? It's hard to tell you to pick a distro if your usage is unclear. Kali has a custom kernel patched specifically for penetration testing so I say pentesting softwares will work best on Kali. 

Can I install TheFatRat software on live Kali Linux usb drive??

7 hours ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

Kali is based on Debian, so Debian.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

5 hours ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

can I install Kali Linux on PS4 ???

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Kali is based on Debian, so Debian.

6 hours ago, wasab said:

On 7/12/2018 at 10:13 PM, vorticalbox said:

The failing step is installing the system.

Says on the screen shot.

It might be the partition of root doesn't have enough space free.

26 minutes ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

No.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

On 13/07/2018 at 3:14 PM, Sauron said:

Problem is that in a live environment that updating every time you boot is time consuming.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

22 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

Problem is that in a live environment that updating every time you boot is time consuming.

You're not supposed to update it. If you need newer software download a newer image.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler