Problem installing Kali Linux

Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

The problem is that you're installing kali linux. Don't do that, it's meant to be used as a live environment. If you want to install a linux distribution that has access to kali's built in software install ubuntu or debian.

As for why the installation is failing, it could be for a variety of reasons - posting the exact steps you went through to get here and your system configuration might help us determine which one it is. For instance, are you *sure* you have enough disk space and that you selected the correct drive in the installer? How did you partition said drive?

I get this error while installing 

2018-07-10_02-47-16-a0922c63fdb7bd08171511ff963d9a5a.png

I tried this:- https://kali.training/topic/troubleshooting-installations/

I pressed this on this error screen:- CTRL+SHIFT+F5/F4/F3/F2/F1, But no help, Console is not opening!!

I cannot start Debug Log Server, because the Internet is required and I am having DHCP error when I try to connect to the internet on the installer!! 

I checked the iso image with SHA sums, the iso is correct!!

I tried on the second computer but still get the error!!

How to open CONSOLE?? I Pressed CTRL+SHIFT+F5/F4/F3/F2/F1 on this screen!!! How to open the console so I can solve the problem

12 hours ago, Fleetscut said:

The general keyboard shortcut to change TTY's is Ctrl+Alt+Fkey. What part of the installation did it fail at?

The failing step is installing the system.

Says on the screen shot.

It might be the partition of root doesn't have enough space free.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

The problem is that you're installing kali linux. Don't do that, it's meant to be used as a live environment. If you want to install a linux distribution that has access to kali's built in software install ubuntu or debian.

As for why the installation is failing, it could be for a variety of reasons - posting the exact steps you went through to get here and your system configuration might help us determine which one it is. For instance, are you *sure* you have enough disk space and that you selected the correct drive in the installer? How did you partition said drive?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 7/13/2018 at 7:44 PM, Sauron said:

thank you, I asked my computer teacher, he also said the same thing, I will install it as VM in VirtualBox!!

On 7/13/2018 at 7:44 PM, Sauron said:

If you want to install a linux distribution that has access to kali's built in software install ubuntu or debian.

Is it possible?? I heard that you can do this on Arch Linux (install BlackArch on top of Arch Linux), But I never heard that you can do this with Kali!! (install Kali on top of Ubuntu or Debian)

How to do that??

6 hours ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

Is it possible?? I heard that you can do this on Arch Linux (install BlackArch on top of Arch Linux), But I never heard that you can do this with Kali!! (install Kali on top of Ubuntu or Debian)

How to do that??

That's not how it works, Kali is just Debian with a few preinstalled packages. If you need a specific package that comes with Kali (for example wireshark) just google "how to install wireshark on debian". Blackarch is just arch linux with preinstalled packages, you can easily reach the same configuration with a vanilla arch installation. You definitely don't install kali "on top of" anything.

If you're used to windows, imagine there was a version called "doors" that was just windows with chrome preinstalled or something. To get the same thing starting from windows you wouldn't need to install doors "on top of" windows, you'd just need to install chrome.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 7/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, Sauron said:

That's not how it works, Kali is just Debian with a few preinstalled packages. If you need a specific package that comes with Kali (for example wireshark) just google "how to install wireshark on debian". Blackarch is just arch linux with preinstalled packages, you can easily reach the same configuration with a vanilla arch installation. You definitely don't install kali "on top of" anything.

If you're used to windows, imagine there was a version called "doors" that was just windows with chrome preinstalled or something. To get the same thing starting from windows you wouldn't need to install doors "on top of" windows, you'd just need to install chrome.

So, which Linux will give best results with packages from Kali Linux?? Example:- Ubuntu?? Debian ?? Zorin OS??

2 hours ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

So, which Linux will give best results with packages from Kali Linux?? Example:- Ubuntu?? Debian ?? Zorin OS??

Why you want to install Kali? It's hard to tell you to pick a distro if your usage is unclear. Kali has a custom kernel patched specifically for penetration testing so I say pentesting softwares will work best on Kali. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

32 minutes ago, wasab said:

Why you want to install Kali?

Obviously, for penTesting 

34 minutes ago, wasab said:

Why you want to install Kali? It's hard to tell you to pick a distro if your usage is unclear. Kali has a custom kernel patched specifically for penetration testing so I say pentesting softwares will work best on Kali. 

Can I install TheFatRat software on live Kali Linux usb drive??

7 hours ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

Kali is based on Debian, so Debian.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 hours ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

can I install Kali Linux on PS4 ???

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Kali is based on Debian, so Debian.

6 hours ago, wasab said:

On 7/12/2018 at 10:13 PM, vorticalbox said:

The failing step is installing the system.

Says on the screen shot.

It might be the partition of root doesn't have enough space free.

26 minutes ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

No.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 13/07/2018 at 3:14 PM, Sauron said:

Problem is that in a live environment that updating every time you boot is time consuming.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

22 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

Problem is that in a live environment that updating every time you boot is time consuming.

You're not supposed to update it. If you need newer software download a newer image.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*