Massive Apple refresh maybe on the way

Nicnac
49 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Power consumption. And Intel (for whatever reason) refuse to support LPDDR4.

They both got battery upgrades according to Anandtech but that seems wrong considering the rated battery life is the same as last year.

Oh interesting. I thought only the 15-inch got the bump due to DDR4.

Maybe it's to offset Coffee Lakes higher power consumption?

On 7/11/2018 at 6:18 PM, mrchow19910319 said:

mac mini is the gateway drug to macOS. 

don't take it. 

:) 

that's what got me hooked... 

forehead.png.bf4b065d64817a26f137ea562a4a9339.png

I have an early 09 iMac that I get used super cheap and have been loving having it. I know crazy. But it’s the lower power machine I leave on constantly. I want a new one that’s a hard sell with the misses. Mac mini would hopefully be able to convince her being much “cheaper”

4 hours ago, rockking1379 said:

I have an early 09 iMac that I get used super cheap and have been loving having it. I know crazy. But it’s the lower power machine I leave on constantly. I want a new one that’s a hard sell with the misses. Mac mini would hopefully be able to convince her being much “cheaper”

macOS in some way is more  pleasant to use than windows. especially when it comes to normal day to day task.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 11.7.2018 at 11:48 PM, Nicnac said:

iPad: increases screen to 11 inch plus 12.9 refresh

I am very interested because I want an Ipad for the university. I could buy the 2018 9.7 inch iPad but I am not sure if it is too small.

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

I am very interested because I want an Ipad for the university. I could buy the 2018 9.7 inch iPad but I am not sure if it is too small.

I've used a 12.3" SP3 and a 9.7" iPad pro for taking hand written notes, and there were occasions when I wished it was the bigger iPad, but the majority of the time it was big enough and something a bit smaller was overall nicer. 

That said, it was merely a secondary device, I would never want either as a primary device. Something else to note is that my use case was math/computer science -- so I probably benefited from having more space than other majors. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

46 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

That said, it was merely a secondary device, I would never want either as a primary device. Something else to note is that my use case was math/computer science -- so I probably benefited from having more space than other majors. 

I want to use the iPad as the primary device for taking notes and doing homework. I study computer science and a fellow student does notes and homework with it.
I hate my own handwritten notes because it is often a mess when I try to change my notes and homework later on. It also looks better with the iPad. I can probably save some time because I don´t have to redo stuff when I am not happy.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:24 PM, DrMacintosh said:

GIVE THE MAC MINI VEGA

(also anyone want a 2016 13" MacBook Pro? xD)

15” is much better. Everyone likes more inches.

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

I want to use the iPad as the primary device for taking notes and doing homework. I study computer science and a fellow student does notes and homework with it.
I hate my own handwritten notes because it is often a mess when I try to change my notes and homework later on. It also looks better with the iPad. I can probably save some time because I don´t have to redo stuff when I am not happy.

I meant secondary as in I had a laptop to do everything other than hand writing stuff. For hand writing notes it's amazing since you can have infinite paper in all directions, be able to erase and rewrite/draw as much as you want, be able to move content around as your notes evolve, and have access to all your notes for all classes at all times.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

macOS in some way is more  pleasant to use than windows. especially when it comes to normal day to day task.

Exactly what it gets used for. She wants to look something up. Or I just need to check email. It’s great to always have it ready. 

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

I meant secondary as in I had a laptop to do everything other than hand writing stuff. For hand writing notes it's amazing since you can have infinite paper in all directions, be able to erase and rewrite/draw as much as you want, be able to move content around as your notes evolve, and have access to all your notes for all classes at all times.

Thanks, good to know that you think so too! Yes, I will also have a Laptop for the other stuff.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

15” is much better. Everyone likes more inches.

Not necessarily. For me, my 13" air is perfect for on the go. Due to its small form factor, I can carry it around without too much hassle. That's why I always have this one with me.

However, if I want to be more productive, I get my 15" pro. The increased screen estate makes it much easier to get things done.

For me (and this is obviously something personal), going beyond 15" takes away a lot of the portability of the laptop... And portability is obviously the main reason why someone buys a laptop in the first place.

Besides, most of the computing power that I need can't be crammed into a laptop. So therefore I'm obliged to use a desktop anyway.

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I want to use the iPad as the primary device for taking notes and doing homework.

And the good old pen and paper? ;)

6 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

And the good old pen and paper? ;)

Tried but I am too slow because I am a perfectionist. I waste too much time redoing stuff because I am not happy with the mess... I also write slowly. 

15 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Not necessarily. For me, my 13" air is perfect for on the go. Due to its small form factor, I can carry it around without too much hassle. That's why I always have this one with me.

However, if I want to be more productive, I get my 15" pro. The increased screen estate makes it much easier to get things done.

For me (and this is obviously something personal), going beyond 15" takes away a lot of the portability of the laptop... And portability is obviously the main reason why someone buys a laptop in the first place.

Besides, most of the computing power that I need can't be crammed into a laptop. So therefore I'm obliged to use a desktop anyway.

The footprint difference of the air and the pro are pretty much the same, I've had both. I was making a rather phallic joke however.

12 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Tried but I am too slow because I am a perfectionist. I waste too much time redoing stuff because I am not happy with the mess... I also write slowly

Me too, but that's something you should learn by actually doing so.

When you actually take notes using pen and paper, you learn different tricks and over time the whole process becomes second nature. :)

11 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

LMAO, I went through University with a bunch of pens found on the floor and some paper from the paper recycling bin (you can still write on one side). I wasn’t dirt poor, just lazy. And that was like 3 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

LMAO, I went through University with a bunch of pens found on the floor and some paper from the paper recycling bin (you can still write on one side). I wasn’t dirt poor, just lazy. And that was like 3 years ago. 

6 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Me too, but that's something you should learn by actually doing so.

When you actually take notes using pen and paper, you learn different tricks and over time the whole process becomes second nature. :)

9 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

It really depends on what you do. For me studying and researching Biomedical Science pen and paper is much better for taking notes. If you have a more practical paper (Like CompSci) then an iPad may be better

If you do a Bcom then scraps of paper should do fine ;) 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

It really depends on what you do. For me studying and researching Biomedical Science pen and paper is much better for taking notes. If you have a more practical paper (Like CompSci) then an iPad may be better

If you do a Bcom then scraps of paper should do fine ;) 

@kokakolia @Teddy07

True indeed. It all depends on what you're studying and what kind of notes you need to take (mathematical or graphs or text, etc.).

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎14 at 11:45 AM, mrchow19910319 said:

Image result for spinning beach ball gif

MacOS be like, you're enjoying you're experience so far? Excellent.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

MacOS be like, you're enjoying you're experience so far? Excellent.

mine's better : 

beachball.gif.2ff5f70acaba000da36b92ec3360b803.gif

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.