My Ping is way too high for gaming please help

hello, my at&t uverse is messing up. When i play games on my xbox one my ping is 300+. I am supposed to get about 45 down and 5 up. My router is downstairs and my parents wont let me run Ethernet cord up to my room (upstairs). the router is fairly close, but there is one wall between my xbox and it. i have tried everything on youtube like using google dns settings finding the best channel, and placing the router the best i can (although its hard because the at&t guy put it in a weird corner) if you have any tips for fixing my ping without saying run a cord up to my room or buy a powerline adapter that would be great!

Getting a good wifi router might help, I've even heard of using aluminum foil to sort of focus the signal toward the desired room, but it won't be the same as a wired connection.  In my parents house I drilled a small hole in the floor so that an ethernet cable could get to my bedroom without being visible, not sure if that could work in your setup/if your parents would let you.

Ha you tried a wired connection (temporary) to see if your WiFi is actually the source of the high latency?

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

8 minutes ago, UnixYt said:

hello, my at&t uverse is messing up. When i play games on my xbox one my ping is 300+. I am supposed to get about 45 down and 5 up. My router is downstairs and my parents wont let me run Ethernet cord up to my room (upstairs). the router is fairly close, but there is one wall between my xbox and it. i have tried everything on youtube like using google dns settings finding the best channel, and placing the router the best i can (although its hard because the at&t guy put it in a weird corner) if you have any tips for fixing my ping without saying run a cord up to my room or buy a powerline adapter that would be great!

First thing I would do is move your xbox downstairs and try it while plugged directly into the router, this way you can see if it's actually the wireless you're having issues with or not. If your ping is still high then it's an issue on the ISP end.