OLED or LED LCD TV?

CTR640

Hi all,

so my old TV is out of the house, I is very sad so now have to buy new TV.

I searched a lot of info on which TV is good but there are a lot out there so don't know which is good. Dutch websites to ask for advices is pretty limited so this international site then.

Good blacks are important for me, and it will be mostly used for watching tv, alone and with family and watching youtube crap or something.

And about the finance, my max budget is €1000 and I'd like to get a 55" TV..

These are the TV's that are on my list:

LED-LCD

LG 55UJ630V

Philips 55PUS6262

OLED

LG 55EG9A7V

OLED got the best blacks and contrast but do they have a short lifespan? And are they also sensitive for direct sunlight? And what about some family wants to watch football and the timer/scores being on for 45 minutes each? Some logo's will be there for like 45 minutes and that worries me due to burn ins. I understand the LG 55EG9A7V is a FHD and got no 4K HDR. But I have no use for that, so 4K/HDR is not a must, I even doubt I'll ever use them.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Thanks a lot. So it seems OLED still not ready for mass market as someone said. Well shit, so the OLED tv will be scratched.

Any other advice on which 55" tv? I used that site too but if I search to the tv's, I only get search results outside of the Netherlands.

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Sounds like your use case may not be good for OLED, depending on how long you want to keep the TV.

I've had the LG C6 for a year and half and its good. Of course, I'm not torturing it like the RTINGS' test that are meant to show burn-in after several years. I don't have cable so no sports or news for me. Just gaming (single player mostly, so I'm constantly changing games and it ain't the same HUD for months on end) and streaming movies/tv shows.

I felt like OLED was a huge upgrade, but I haven't owned a good LED TV before. I was upgrading from a budget TV so pretty much anything else would look huge probably. I did buy it from BestBuy and got their extended warranty for 4 years I think which according to the site covers pixel and burn-in issues, so I'm just expecting it to last that long.

Ye, I was thinking like that too unfortunately. However, I may buy some good curtains to block the direct sunlight?

LED LCD are not sensitive to direct sunlight, right?

DAC/AMPs:

• 2 weeks later...

If you're worried about the limitations of OLED, you should check out Quantum Dot based LCD TV's. Samsung markets theirs as "QLED" - but other manufacturers (Sony, in particular) also make them.

I'd check out the Samsung QLED, and Sony XBR 900 series.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I've got OLED TV. LED LCD has horrible uniformity and blacks are important for me. And from what I've excperienced, LED LCD TV's are good for daylight use due to its very bright backlight. I would have been blinded because I like to watch movies, tv, series, Netflix in a dimmed room and evening/night. QLED are above my budget and I'm not sure which European version is of the Sony XBR 900 series. I'll take care of my new OLED tv.

DAC/AMPs: