best midrange monitor with gsync, 2kresolution, 144hz, 27inch at least.

Im looking for a monitor with at least:

• 2k resolution(2560 x 1440p)
  • 144hz
  • Gsync
  • Thin bezels are highly preferable 
  • doesn't matter if its TN I don't plan to be looking at it from any angles.

im planning to connect my Predator Helios 300 to this monitor when i'm at home:

• intel i7 7th gen
  • gtx 1060
  • 16gb of ram

The Asus PG278QR would be a good choice however, it is a bit pricey.

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

@huilun02 can the 1060 not handle it ? 0.0 should have be looking more at 1080p monitors instead?

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

The 1060 will at best produce about 60fps at 1440p unless its some easier game to run (CSGO/mobas)

At worst its going to dip below the Gsync floor and each frame will be doubled

If you are planning to upgrade to something like a 1080/Ti or equivalent, then yes getting a 1440p 144Hz display now will save you money in the long run

But yes a 1060 will be better suited to flex the capability of a 1080p 144Hz display instead. Price of 1080p Gsync displays are awful in comparison though.

are you assuming that graphic settings would be maxed?

I'm more of an action rpg kinda fan. I play stuff like dark souls 3, the witcher 3, nioh, FF 15, AS origins and Monster Hunter world when it comes out in a couple weeks. 

I also play a lot of league of legends which was one of the reasons I want the high refresh rates. The resolution is for when I want to play some open world rpgs or MMOs.

In the future I do plan to build a pc with a gtx 1080/Ti, maybe 2 if I can get it.

Yup so I'm rethinking the 2k resolution now. What about getting the 2k monitor but setting it to 1080p so I can get more fps while still saving in the long run?

hhmmm…. I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon, maybe a year from now so im leaning into get a 1080p display now instead

1 hour ago, kdasilva said:

hhmmm…. I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon, maybe a year from now so im leaning into get a 1080p display now instead

I have used my 1440p at 1080p res in the past, it isnt terrible (i barely notice it) In your case, if you can afford it, I would go with 1440p 144hz (mine costed 240 usd used) use the 1440p for your mobas, and use the 1080p whenever it is needed. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL