Jump to content
StijnD

are my i5 7600k temps to high?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I am using a Cryorig quad lumi with their supplied CP7  thermal paste and have my idle temps between 43 and 48 celcius ,with sometimes spikes around 55.

I was searching a bit and saw it shouldn't be that high at idle. I have reinstalled to cooler/thermal paste but it doesnt seem like i get any improvements. Should I get a different thermal paste?

The cooler does seem to have a small 1 degrees hang, i dont know if this is normal and will impact the temps but i cant seem to get that away though.

 

-I have my i5 7600k overclocked to 5ghz on 1.300 volt. 

-My load temps are between 79 and 85 celcius.

-I am using 3 corsair ll120's as outtake and 2 corsair AF performance fans at the front.

-I dont have a graphics card yet so currently that wont give additional heat.

 

Does anyone if this is actually a decent temperature and if not how to get the temps lower?

 

Thanks for responding

temp.PNG.a9d0b95fe0f4ec1d4b1906d831676f1c.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Below 50 degrees Celsius is perfectly fine. You should also consider the ambient temperature, since it is quite warm in some parts of the world. A higher ambient temperature will obviously reduce cooling performance.

If it helps:

I always use these typical operating ranges for the core temperature (at 22 °C standard ambient temperature): :)

 

80 °C  Hot         (100% Load)
75 °C  Warm 
70 °C  Warm     (Heavy Load)
60 °C  Normal
50 °C  Normal   (Medium Load)
40 °C  Normal
30 °C  Cool       (Idle)

Link to post
Share on other sites

What program did you use to check the temps?


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Below 50 degrees Celsius is perfectly fine. You should also consider the ambient temperature, since it is quite warm in some parts of the world. A higher ambient temperature will obviously reduce cooling performance.

If it helps:

I always use these typical operating ranges for the core temperature (at 22 °C standard ambient temperature): :)

 

80 °C  Hot         (100% Load)
75 °C  Warm 
70 °C  Warm     (Heavy Load)
60 °C  Normal
50 °C  Normal   (Medium Load)
40 °C  Normal
30 °C  Cool       (Idle)

i have never seem my cpu run below 40 °C between 0-10% load though, still thanks for answering :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

What program did you use to check the temps?

AIDA64, Corsair link and CAM

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StijnD said:

AIDA64, Corsair link and CAM

I didn't feel like downloading any of those, but HWINFO has my 7600k with an H7 cooler at around 32 degrees while watching YT videos. Maxing out around 34.

I keep my PC on the floor and it's beside an open window though, and the room is probably mid 20's for temp.

Don't discount how hot your computers location is. It greatly affects the performance of the cooler.

 

Are you OC'd to 5ghz?

 


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I didn't feel like downloading any of those, but HWINFO has my 7600k with an H7 cooler at around 32 degrees while watching YT videos. Maxing out around 34.

I keep my PC on the floor and it's beside an open window though, and the room is probably mid 20's for temp.

Don't discount how hot your computers location is. It greatly affects the performance of the cooler.

 

I am still seeing the same temperatures with HWINFO. The back of my pc is 20cm away from the wall and my ambient is 23C. Do you use the supplied CP7 thermal paste or a different one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StijnD said:

I am still seeing the same temperatures with HWINFO. The back of my pc is 20cm away from the wall and my ambient is 23C. Do you use the supplied CP7 thermal paste or a different one?

I used whatever came with the cooler.

Is your CPU overclocked?


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, StijnD said:

to 5Ghz on 1.3V, my out of the box temps aren't that different from my overclock though

 

Are you running that voltage constantly or with adaptive mode? That would be the main reason. If you can, try putting it back to stock, but set voltage to 1.1-1.15V instead of auto. If you still get same temps, then there's something in coolers mounting or stuff like that.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I've manually set it like that in the bios.

When putting it at stock speeds on 1.15V I only get 2-4 degrees lower.

I also reinstalled my cooler as you can see at the beginning of this thread but that didnt seem to help either.

MSI_SnapShot.bmp

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, StijnD said:

temp.PNG.a9d0b95fe0f4ec1d4b1906d831676f1c.PNG

So you disabled power saving things besides overvolting CPU?

Without those CPU won't go to anykind actual idle state and keeps chewing through watts like there's no tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
34 minutes ago, EsaT said:

So you disabled power saving things besides overvolting CPU?

Without those CPU won't go to anykind actual idle state and keeps chewing through watts like there's no tomorrow.

I never saw that. AIDA64 says my cpu package is around 14W when idle and 75W when stress testing

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 10-7-2018 at 11:05 PM, StijnD said:

Hi, I am using a Cryorig quad lumi with their supplied CP7  thermal paste and have my idle temps between 43 and 48 celcius ,with sometimes spikes around 55.

I was searching a bit and saw it shouldn't be that high at idle. I have reinstalled to cooler/thermal paste but it doesnt seem like i get any improvements. Should I get a different thermal paste?

The cooler does seem to have a small 1 degrees hang, i dont know if this is normal and will impact the temps but i cant seem to get that away though.

 

-I have my i5 7600k overclocked to 5ghz on 1.300 volt. 

-My load temps are between 79 and 85 celcius.

-I am using 3 corsair ll120's as outtake and 2 corsair AF performance fans at the front.

-I dont have a graphics card yet so currently that wont give additional heat.

 

Does anyone if this is actually a decent temperature and if not how to get the temps lower?

 

Thanks for responding

temp.PNG.a9d0b95fe0f4ec1d4b1906d831676f1c.PNG

should I consider delidding?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 10, 2018 at 5:05 PM, StijnD said:

Hi, I am using a Cryorig quad lumi with their supplied CP7  thermal paste and have my idle temps between 43 and 48 celcius ,with sometimes spikes around 55.

I was searching a bit and saw it shouldn't be that high at idle. I have reinstalled to cooler/thermal paste but it doesnt seem like i get any improvements. Should I get a different thermal paste?

The cooler does seem to have a small 1 degrees hang, i dont know if this is normal and will impact the temps but i cant seem to get that away though.

 

-I have my i5 7600k overclocked to 5ghz on 1.300 volt. 

-My load temps are between 79 and 85 celcius.

-I am using 3 corsair ll120's as outtake and 2 corsair AF performance fans at the front.

-I dont have a graphics card yet so currently that wont give additional heat.

 

Does anyone if this is actually a decent temperature and if not how to get the temps lower?

 

Thanks for responding

temp.PNG.a9d0b95fe0f4ec1d4b1906d831676f1c.PNG

5b4a07803e5db_radiatorpic.jpg.cef9b4ec967f29177f2443aba9cab842.jpgthis should fix it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

jk but seriously i think your temps are fine if that's in Farenheit, it's great. If in Celcius, I'd wouldn't be too worried either 
You typically want to keep your cpu under 80 celcius for continual use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 5:05 PM, StijnD said:

-I have my i5 7600k overclocked to 5ghz on 1.300 volt. 

-My load temps are between 79 and 85 celcius.

-I am using 3 corsair ll120's as outtake and 2 corsair AF performance fans at the front.

-I dont have a graphics card yet so currently that wont give additional heat.

 

Does anyone if this is actually a decent temperature and if not how to get the temps lower?

This temperature is around what you would be able to expect with this overclock although what thermal paste did you apply? I think a water/liquid cooler might be a good option to consider instead of delidding the processor because that does the present risk of damage to your processor if proper technique and equipment are not used. To lower your temperatures you could also try lowering your overclock.

 

If you want to keep your overclock and get lower temperatures a liquid cooler for the CPU might be a good investment to make to ensuring a longer lifespan of your processor if your case would allow it.

 

link to the Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite (a good liquid cooler which is compatible with your CPU):   https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16835103236

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12-7-2018 at 5:42 PM, StijnD said:

should I consider delidding?

 

Your temperatures are not that excessive. I wouldn't consider delidding just yet.

Try to get your temperatures down using more conventional cooling methods: Is there ample air flow in your case? Upgrade your cooler to (perhaps) an AIO? Remount the air cooler again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 14-7-2018 at 4:49 PM, Boomwebsearch said:

This temperature is around what you would be able to expect with this overclock although what thermal paste did you apply? I think a water/liquid cooler might be a good option to consider instead of delidding the processor because that does the present risk of damage to your processor if proper technique and equipment are not used. To lower your temperatures you could also try lowering your overclock.

 

If you want to keep your overclock and get lower temperatures a liquid cooler for the CPU might be a good investment to make to ensuring a longer lifespan of your processor if your case would allow it.

 

link to the Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite (a good liquid cooler which is compatible with your CPU):   https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16835103236

It is a new pc (including the cooler of course) so buying a liquid cooler really isnt the option right now. The cooler is rated for 140W while my cpu only generates 75 so it shouldnt have a problem.

I really feel uncomfortable with these temperatures (around 50-70 degrees in gaming at 30-50%) so I am considering to buy the der8auer Delid-Die-Mate 2 with some liquid metal. My current thermal paste is the cryorig cp7 as I post at the beginning of this thread.

 

Thx for the reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 14-7-2018 at 4:24 PM, UncleTHICC said:

5b4a07803e5db_radiatorpic.jpg.cef9b4ec967f29177f2443aba9cab842.jpgthis should fix it 

I knew from Linus his video that it isnt such a great idea xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 14-7-2018 at 6:22 PM, Christophe Corazza said:

 

Your temperatures are not that excessive. I wouldn't consider delidding just yet.

Try to get your temperatures down using more conventional cooling methods: Is there ample air flow in your case? Upgrade your cooler to (perhaps) an AIO? Remount the air cooler again?

at the beginning of this thread you can see my fan configuration and like I said to Boomwebsearch I just bought that cooler.

 

Thx for the reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Buy VPN

×