Whoosh - The Airplane and Airline Thread

handymanshandle
10 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

lol @OJTheAviator I'd rather go through the monumental task of making one of the few concordes on display, airworthy again lol

That'd be awesome! Too bad it would be so expensive, plus British Airways apperently didn't want to sell one to a group to make it airworthy, I believe they technically still own the Concordes that flew for BA.

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

2 minutes ago, OJTheAviator said:

That'd be awesome! Too bad it would be so expensive, plus British Airways apperently didn't want to sell one to a group to make it airworthy, I believe they technically still own the Concordes that flew for BA.

ah I had heard that the group was going to try and refurb it but basically realized it'd be pretty much impossible.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

36 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

A couple months back, there was a Volga-Dnepr Antonov An-124 sitting at Huntsville International.

Thing looks like it weighs an absolute shit ton.

Ruski

but cool, yeah I bet they are heavy lol

@OJTheAviator I remembered your pfp (profile pic) is a 747 lol

tbh it'd kinda be neat if @Dan Castellaneta and I would be able to fly at least Business class on a Lufthansa 747-8, for some reason the config on the 747s from them looks nicer than the A380s of theirs. Although we wouldnt be staying in Germany. Odds are probably just fly to Washington Dulles then catch a 747-8 to Frankfurt then either take airBaltic to Warsaw or ones of the Baltic states or hell, maybe even another 747-8 to Tokyo lol

6 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

If you want some videos, that I find informative about some aircrafts (and other things) then I'd suggest watching this dude

Ive watched some of his vids, tend to watch a lot of Skyships (EN obviously) and DJ's Aviation.

3 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Ive watched some of his vids, tend to watch a lot of Skyships (EN obviously) and DJ's Aviation.

I'll check them out

Airforceproud95 is kinda entertaining, if you like watching flight sim

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

I'll check them out

Airforceproud95 is kinda entertaining, if you like watching flight sim

Yep heard of him, his commentary is sometimes amazing and could be a great meme format.

9 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Yep heard of him, his commentary is sometimes amazing and could be a great meme format.

I enjoy his irl flying, Cessnas are cute

EDIT: To clarify, I was talking about the older Cessnas, the newer models look.. Long

whats it like to work in a airport?

my aunt is trying to help me find a job after i graduate, she asked her friend if she can help find me a job, luckily she said that her job in the Etihad airport are looking for young graduate men and she said that hopefully it'll be easy for me to get in.

this really made me happy its always been my dream to work in a airport since the workplace is very clean and its 5 minutes from my house, and i heard that they give out high discounts to family members that wants to travel which is amazing!

im not really sure what to do though, i have 2 more semsters left at collage i really wanna idleast get the experience i need but what do you think my job would be in a airport? im getting a bachelor for media and communication but my aunt says that all you need is a university degree which im close in getting.

what do you think my job could be? how is it like working an a airport?

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

This shit makes me sad, honestly.

I'll never be able to experience my favorite jet.

Truely would be cool if there was still a passenger airline operating the MD-11/DC-10 but alas that was the last :^(

23 hours ago, saif96 said:

-snip-

It could be a stressful job for some. Aerospace is really fast paced and you'll often be abused by 300+ passengers the moment they are slightly delayed. 

The recent unauthorized take off of a Q400 taken by a Horizon Air employee at SeaTac is harsh wakeup call. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

20 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Truely would be cool if there was still a passenger airline operating the MD-11/DC-10 but alas that was the last :^(

I suspect it'll make a reappearance in Africa/Latin America/etc at some point

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 hour ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I suspect it'll make a reappearance in Africa/Latin America/etc at some point

eh most of the passenger ones have been retired/scrapped or converted to freighters which are soon being scrapped/retired.

1 minute ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

eh most of the passenger ones have been retired/scrapped or converted to freighters which are soon being scrapped/retired.

I mean they're still flying goddamn DC-3s over there so you never know

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

3 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

@saif96

essentially what @BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said it seems...

@givingtnt could probably tell ya what working at an airport is like lol

huh ?
no context. fill me in.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just now, givingtnt said:

huh ?
no context. fill me in.

ah right should've quoted lol

On 8/12/2018 at 6:19 PM, saif96 said:

whats it like to work in a airport?

my aunt is trying to help me find a job after i graduate, she asked her friend if she can help find me a job, luckily she said that her job in the Etihad airport are looking for young graduate men and she said that hopefully it'll be easy for me to get in.

this really made me happy its always been my dream to work in a airport since the workplace is very clean and its 5 minutes from my house, and i heard that they give out high discounts to family members that wants to travel which is amazing!

im not really sure what to do though, i have 2 more semsters left at collage i really wanna idleast get the experience i need but what do you think my job would be in a airport? im getting a bachelor for media and communication but my aunt says that all you need is a university degree which im close in getting.

what do you think my job could be? how is it like working an a airport?

5b7506b395f0d_AirbusA320.png.06b689fb1d57d2e43536cad925a32bfb.png

I cloned the Joon livery, a subsidiary of Air France KLM

From the wiki page:

Joon is aimed at young people, according to its parent company Air France[4] "Joon" sounds similar to the French word "jeune", meaning young. It will serve destinations which face heavy competition from low-cost carriers. Joon commenced operations on 1 December 2017, serving short and medium-haul destinations within Europe, with initial routes to Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon and Porto. Long-haul destinations in the Americas, Middle East (including Dubai and Abu Dhabi in UAE, Riyadh and Jeddah in Saudi Arabia and Muscat in Oman) and Africa will be added in Summer 2018.

I did however miss one detail from the real livery, it's on the tail but it's not the white border around the blue. Let's see if anyone notices what I missed.

Spoiler

5b75073c29878_JOON_F-GKXN_Airbus_A320-214_(40642687141).jpg.a02dd3e4dc7033da54cea143448f0657.jpg

7 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

I did however miss one detail from the real livery, it's on the tail but it's not the white border around the blue. Let's see if anyone notices what I missed.

Hide contents

5b75073c29878_JOON_F-GKXN_Airbus_A320-214_(40642687141).jpg.a02dd3e4dc7033da54cea143448f0657.jpg

Looks like you did the door incorrectly.

In your clone, it appears to have a thinner white border around the door's edges than on the original livery.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Looks like you did the door incorrectly.

In your clone, it appears to have a thinner white border around the door's edges than on the original livery.

That's just kinda the template, I guess I'll give it away. It does have to deal with the tail but I acknowledge I didnt do the white edges like in the real thing