Whoosh - The Airplane and Airline Thread

handymanshandle

Man, to hell with y'all plane fags, this is the best aircraft ever to grace our skies grounds.

Image result for shittiest airplane ever

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

5 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Man, to hell with y'all plane fags, this is the best aircraft ever to grace our skies grounds.

Image result for shittiest airplane ever

The Bob Semple of the skies

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

man the 757 is way too fucking narrow... Continental_Airlines_Boeing_757-300_Iwel

The ironic thing is now airlines would love the Boeing 717 and 757 now but there's no way Boeing is gonna bring either back...

I'd really like to see the 717 make a come back though.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

As to maybe prevent this thread from going dead, I will say I was talking with @Dan Castellaneta 

about how I was kinda noticing the DC-8 really doesn't exactly look like a plane of the late 50s.

It looks something more like the 70s or 80s.

The ones that have engines fitted that are more modern like this one

1280px-N829BX_Taxiing_at_KBFI.jpg

Or NASAs

which has CFM56s fitted

1280px-Douglas_DC-8_over_Mint_Canyon-Cal

Thanks for resurrecting this @pinksnowbirdie.  I've always had a fondness for warbirds myself.  In the could'a, should'a, would'a category I'll throw the MB5 out there as the coolest looking too-late plane:

MB5.jpg.d126073aafdb1a30fd1977631af513a5.jpg

1 minute ago, Blasteque said:

Thanks for resurrecting this @pinksnowbirdie.  I've always had a fondness for warbirds myself.  In the could'a, should'a, would'a category I'll throw the MB5 out there as the coolest looking too-late plane:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8MB5.jpg.d126073aafdb1a30fd1977631af513a5.jpg

Well considering I started it I didn't want it to die. So I found something related to the topic again and made it so it wouldnt be like bumping it at the same time was sorta doing that so I dunno.

But cool lol

Another vintage plane, I think is cool. Either has to be the Lockheed L-1649 Starliner

1280px-Lockheed_L-1649_Constellation_TWA

and maybe the DC-6

lossy-page1-1920px-Western_Airlines_DC-6

Although for vintage planes, I'd think would be cool if someone was operating like special charter flights. a DC-8, DC-9, DC-10 or 727 would be cool

Air Canada’s new livery is the best, convince me otherwise 

AC787newlivery-1170x429.jpg

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

9 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

Air Canada’s new livery is the best, convince me otherwise 

AC787newlivery-1170x429.jpg

I kinda liked their old livery, this one looks a lot like the one they had in the 80s?

8 hours ago, Ganz said:

I can't wait until I get to fly on a Dreamliner.

1.8636442.jpg

@Dan Castellaneta and I would love to fly on one of those, though I'd also like to fly on an A350. Those look pretty cool too.

Dream liners are lovely to fly on, you notice the difference in quietness and comfort compared to regular jets and the newer cabin is much airier than older Boeing jets. 

3 hours ago, KingCobra484 said:

Dream liners are lovely to fly on, you notice the difference in quietness and comfort compared to regular jets and the newer cabin is much airier than older Boeing jets. 

That's something I find very appealing about the A220,, 737MAX, 787 and A350 just how quiet they are. The GE90s and Rolls Royce Trent 800s on the 777 can be quiet too from videos I watched but kinda better than that Buzzsaw noise the CFM 56s made on the 737 and A320 I've heard in videos. But that was apparently their signature sound on take off.

So ? 

The further forward you are on DC-9 based planes, I've heard the quieter it is. But obviously the closer to the back you are it's probably pretty loud lol

On 20/07/2018 at 12:25 AM, pinksnowbirdie said:

man the 757 is way too fucking narrow... Continental_Airlines_Boeing_757-300_Iwel

The ironic thing is now airlines would love the Boeing 717 and 757 now but there's no way Boeing is gonna bring either back...

I'd really like to see the 717 make a come back though.

B797 might be the replacement for the B757 that will fill the gap between the B737 and B787

43 minutes ago, spongebob_27 said:

B797 might be the replacement for the B757 that will fill the gap between the B737 and B787

I know, I've heard.

Seems like it's gonna be essentially a baby 787, which since they got the battery thing fixed. Is a very good thing.

I kinda expect the same or very similar CFM Leap engines to the 737MAX to be on the 797. But I don't know, maybe it wouldn't be possible to modify the CFM Leap to power something around the size of a 757 but made with lighter materials

I guess I'd hate to see the 767 go, but I understand that the economics of it. It doesn't make sense for Boeing to develop a 767X like they are for the 777

38 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

I know, I've heard.

Seems like it's gonna be essentially a baby 787, which since they got the battery thing fixed. Is a very good thing.

I kinda expect the same or very similar CFM Leap engines to the 737MAX to be on the 797. But I don't know, maybe it wouldn't be possible to modify the CFM Leap to power something around the size of a 757 but made with lighter materials

I guess I'd hate to see the 767 go, but I understand that the economics of it. It doesn't make sense for Boeing to develop a 767X like they are for the 777

Well doing some reading about the Boeing NMA (797) @spongebob_27

" Boeing has not yet decided whether it will use a single engine type: CFM considers an all-new direct-drive engine, and Rolls-Royce proposes its Advance direct-drive engine before 2025 and its UltraFan geared design after, scalable from 25,000 to 110,000 lbf (110 to 490 kN).[50] As a new engine development costs $2.5 to $3 billion, GE has to evaluate its market opportunities, preferring a single-source for a low-volume airplane while Airbus would potentially need such an engine.[51] GE Aviation's offer would be through CFM, with the LEAP as the baseline for a bigger engine, half a generation further, with advanced but mature enough technology.[52] "

On 7/9/2018 at 11:29 PM, pinksnowbirdie said:

2761569.jpg

(Boeing 717-200)

Welp @Dan Castellaneta suggested I start a jetliner or airplane thread, and since there's a fairly active car thread. Perhaps this will get some use?

So I guess I'll kick off the thread with what my favorite airplanes are... I generally like Boeing and Airbus. Used to be a big fan of Airbus. Mostly liked the A320 family.

Now it's a toss up between the A320s and 737s...

Although now the A310 has peaked an interest along with the MD-11 and MD-80/MD-90s.

I've actually never been in or flown in a plane before, although that'll hopefully change next year. Probably my first and second flights will be on American Airlines, either a 737-800 or A321 from Minneapolis Intl to Charlotte-Douglas Int'l then from CLT, I'd probably be on some CRJ to Huntsville. Although just to get a few 717 rides in, I'd probably take Delta a few times down there. Likely a 737-900ER to Atlanta then to HSV on a 717.

I have been on a plane 4 times in my life all related to the same trip. Each was a fairly new almost private jet sized plane seating between 60 and 100 people (it was some yellow painted airline company, they offer cheap rates), I admit I thought I'd die from panic but actually enjoyed the take off and landing. I hated descending though it made me feel nauseous like car sickness. Also turbulance is surprisingly relaxing although sometimes it can hit pretty rough.

My favorite airplane would have to be those ones that drop water over forest fires.

2 hours ago, SaintERosa said:

I have been on a plane 4 times in my life all related to the same trip. Each was a fairly new almost private jet sized plane seating between 60 and 100 people (it was some yellow painted airline company, they offer cheap rates), I admit I thought I'd die from panic but actually enjoyed the take off and landing. I hated descending though it made me feel nauseous like car sickness. Also turbulance is surprisingly relaxing although sometimes it can hit pretty rough.

My favorite airplane would have to be those ones that drop water over forest fires.

Neat.

Like the Canadair CL-415/Bombardier 145?

1280px-I-DPCN_at_work_03_(4203528315).jp

and I guess by extension the one it's developed from. The Canadair CL-215?

1280px-Mndnr-cl215-N266NR-071028-fox-tan

4 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Neat.

Like the Canadair CL-415/Bombardier 145?

1280px-I-DPCN_at_work_03_(4203528315).jp

and I guess by extension the one it's developed from. The Canadair CL-215?

1280px-Mndnr-cl215-N266NR-071028-fox-tan

Actually yes no idea what they looked like stationary and what they were called.

5 minutes ago, SaintERosa said:

Actually yes no idea what they looked like stationary and what they were called.

Yeah, they're I believe one of the more popular models of aerial firefighting aircraft.

As far as I can tell the biggest differences are, the turbo prop engines on the 415. Of course, some cockpit upgrades too