Linus inspired desk pc

derr12
16 hours ago, derr12 said:

I’m trying the pearl on the inside first to see how shiny it is. I may use the same on the outside or I may go for a higher gloss there. That’s why I didn’t do the outside at the same time.

This paint has a tendency to run. I sanded them out this morning, but I’ll have to be more careful. The 6 inch roller is too wide for the sides. I’m gonna try the 4 inch foam roller I was using before and see what I can do.

Getting too cold for paint to cure Moved it inside. Wife isn’t amused that I’m setup in her laundry room.

41A113BF-0DF9-48DB-9F29-32BA7997C4E3.jpeg

Having better luck with paint inside the house. Third coat inside (doing cut-in after middles are dry) and second coat outside.  This BM advance is a little tricky to get used to.

3364F252-2177-4E61-8F15-10149B061729.jpeg

1DBD8324-79DB-48F4-BB70-71E5594E4E5A.jpeg

Starting to come along. I had to knock out and adjust my gpu mounting block, these things happen. Little epoxy and some touch up paint and I’ll be gtg.

F6ACF636-B35C-4208-9CD5-57B1B550A2E3.jpeg

Got it up and running. Temporary rubber under the glass for now. My gpu bracket has a little lip I gotta grind off, I thought it would clear the cables, but it’s just enough to prevent the HDMI and dp cables from going in. So I’m using dvi to HDMI... lol.  Got a ton of cable work to sort out too. 

17A31A3D-978B-4BB3-BD1E-CDA29CDD5D59.jpeg

And yes, 1080p on 32 inches is as terrible as you think.

15 hours ago, derr12 said:

Got it up and running. Temporary rubber under the glass for now. My gpu bracket has a little lip I gotta grind off, I thought it would clear the cables, but it’s just enough to prevent the HDMI and dp cables from going in. So I’m using dvi to HDMI... lol.  Got a ton of cable work to sort out too. 

Wow.
Your desk/computer looks absolutely amazing! 
Have you considered adding RGB strips? Just for the extra flare.  

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

32 minutes ago, xKyric said:

Wow.
Your desk/computer looks absolutely amazing! 
Have you considered adding RGB strips? Just for the extra flare.  

You bet. I haven’t decided exactly how I’m going to do it. Hopefully can just use my motherboard headers. Got lots to do before I worry about bling. Also, I have to lower the whole thing. It’s about 4 inches too tall.  And the armrests on my chair need to come off so I’m not constantly banging my desk front. 

I also gotta order some custom psu cables. The stock ones look like ass. 

I would have got some black or grey carbon effect ABS sheet or vinyl for the inside just so you didnt have to worry about how good the paint job turned out, but otherwise that looks great.

Heres another thought, where your legs go, where you just have the glass, how about making an infinity mirror to go there. they dont need to be very deep so you can still have leg room, it may look good.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

BAH! The damn thing is about 4 inches too tall.   Ill rectify that tonight.  Unfortunately the support brace on the left side needs to get trimmed in order to accommodate the drop in stance.  Ill get my wifey-poo to assist me in that tonight.

I ordered some bulk RGB/W stuff from amazon.  5 meters of it plus all the required connectors, came out to 60 bucks.  I had one look at the price of PC specific stuff and was like "to hell with that, i know how to use a soldering iron!"   gigabyte states that I should be good for 2meters of RGBW per port. So i oughtta be good to go.

Ground and repainted my gpu bracket. Running display port as god intended. Going to clean out the Rez And start getting my mounts for it and pump sorted tonight. Cant clean the rad, can’t seem to find distilled water for some reason. Will mount that up after it’s been flushed properly. 

Drilled in mounting holes for pump and Rez. Have to mount the Rez taller on bolt struts so the outlet is the same height as the pump inlet. Drilled in the drain hole too. Dark picture, night time and it seems the desk sucks in light like a black hole with this paint. 

8A5A6B99-1B38-4C63-B544-5957E9C74C4E.jpeg

4449DA8A-3E48-4A1F-89B8-32DF1C4B341B.jpeg

My old watercooling gear is going to a friend for his build at a discount, and he was short a cpu block. Decided i could upgrade and do him a favor as well. ordered an ax370 Monoblock for the project.  When that arrives i should be good to start getting this build wet.

Ran what little hardline I could without blocks, but lookie what I got today... can put some time in with the soldering iron.

74F96F0A-43C3-44C8-AF81-7A581B86F31E.jpeg

Block arrived.  gonna get my mobo and strixx v64 blocked up tonight and see about running some more tubes tonight.

Blocks mounted. I am short two fittings due to the sheer length of the tube runs (couplers). Gonna run what I can tonight tho. 

IMG_20181004_173254621.jpg

Tubes run. It’s air right according to the blow test. I’m awaiting some power cables since I’ve lost my bag of spare cables for the psu... but I may get it filled with a spare psu I have laying around. After that it’s time to paint the bottom. And run my rgbw strips.

89EBD81A-E893-4826-A9F4-EC2E68ABC476.jpeg

Craft store still has my felt gasket material on back order...

After an hour of running, my MOBO died. Pretty pissed. Oh well. Another ax370 gaming 5 on the way

It liiiiiives!  Gasket material replaced with neoprene foam, new mobo in, rgb blocks rgb’in. Next task is waiting for my rgbw controller to arrive and wire that in. Decided I’ll have a shroud made to hide psu cables.

246F7744-5CF1-472B-B7C0-236510B867E3.jpeg

28F50BE8-E0EC-4893-9E49-081DAE29F786.jpeg

2D28311B-2597-4816-923C-7401DB8D0091.jpeg

DF013229-C579-4C7D-A6ED-54EC83D5FE08.jpeg