Whattsapp scam?

Hello,

I'm active at a dating app called badoo and lately, I see some Russian girls with there phone numbers in their bio, and the fishy part about it is its constantly the same phone number and the number starts with +44 which is the prefix of the UK, not Russia.

so I'm thinking about confronting the person behind the number with this just wanting to know more about this. but I'm afraid of them infecting my phone in some way so I already disabled automatic downloading, but I'm not sure if this is the only way of them infecting my phone    

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

I wouldn't call it as spam. I believe they are bots. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Don't confront, there's no point fighting it. Even if you do decide to try contact the puppetmaster for whatever reason, they would probably just ignore you. I imagine nothing malicious would happen out of it unless you actually messaged the number.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

just ignore it, there's no purpose in trying to fight something that'll disappear and respawn elsehwere the moment you manage to get a hit.