Looking for a camera for when stationed in Italy

Whats up everyone, a little background. I am a firefighter in the Air Force and I just received orders to be stationed at Aviano AFB Italy. Opportunity of a lifetime right so I want to be able to share it with friends and family that I will be leaving behind for a couple years. My thought is I will typically be using this camera for Landscapes/architecture pics while over there. I really don't know much about cameras but I like to think I am tech savvy (have built multiple computers), so I am expecting a bit of a learning curve but I don't think it will be anything I cant overcome. Any recommendations or Info on cameras would be greatly appreciated, also keep in mind I do work for the military so I don't have bands to spend on it but I am open to anything really. Thanks for any replies!

1 hour ago, Some Random Member said:

Don't get a 1300d. 

Where do you live now, and what sort of budget are you looking at? 

Are you partial to buying something used?

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

I’d probably get a Fujifilm XT-20 for something like this if budget allows. It will be small enough to be easy to carry with you everywhere and fujis small pancake lenses would also keep it small and light.

Think about it like how journalists photographers back in the day that shot wars and conflicts using small Leica M’s and small pancake lenses. The metal body can take a beating and its so small and light that it wont be in the way for you. Dont know if you planned to use the camera while working or just when you are not, but eitherway I’d think the XT-20 is a perfect option. 

I’ve been to italy and if you are going to a larger city a small camera is really beneficial. Much easier to get around with and not drawing as much attention in the small alleys for example. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"