gpu-msi Gtx 1070 ti 

cpu- Ryzen 7 1700

Motherboard-msi x470 gaming plus 

Case-nzxt s340 black and red 

Psu-corsair cx650m 650w 

Memory-16 Gb tforce volcan 

Storage-1tb wd blue hard drive and a 120 Gb ssd just for the os 

red/black cable extensions 

if that cpu is ok the let me know, otherwise please help me find another one around the 200-250$ price point I am new to pc’s so it is pretty hard for me to find things that are compatible and actually understand what is going on .

Thank You !!!!

Really depends on what you plan to do. Personally I would stick to a higher clocked quad or hex core. If you plan to primarily game, maybe something like the Ryzen 5 1600x?

Are you planning on overclocking in the future? If not you could try to get a better cpu, like the Ryzen 7 1800X or if you could squeeze a little more, then something in the Ryzen 7 2000 series.

https://www.outletpc.com/tm1206.html?utm_source=tm1206&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=pcpartpicker&utm_content=AMD%2B-%2BCPUs (Processors) > AMD AM4%2B = Ryzen 7 1800X - $240

6 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Are you planning on overclocking in the future? If not you could try to get a better cpu, like the Ryzen 7 1800X or if you could squeeze a little more, then something in the Ryzen 7 2000 series.

https://www.outletpc.com/tm1206.html?utm_source=tm1206&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=pcpartpicker&utm_content=AMD%2B-%2BCPUs (Processors) > AMD AM4%2B = Ryzen 7 1800X - $240

I do plan to overclock once I understand how to take care of my pc and learn a little more about temps and stuff I really don’t know all that much atm but ik enough to build it and overclock but I don’t know how to keep it stable or anything like that 

2 minutes ago, Ashhez said:

I do plan to overclock once I understand how to take care of my pc and learn a little more about temps and stuff I really don’t know all that much atm but ik enough to build it and overclock but I don’t know how to keep it stable or anything like that 

Well it will be easy after you know the basics.

1 minute ago, Rainbow Dash said:

I can defiantly get the 1800x but it doesn’t come with a cooler anything that you could recommend for minor overclocking?

1 minute ago, Ashhez said:

I can defiantly get the 1800x but it doesn’t come with a cooler anything that you could recommend for minor overclocking?

Well you can't really go wrong with the budget Cooler Master Hyper 212, it's decent to get the job done and is close to the wraith stock coolers. But you can always try to get the Ryzen 7 2700 or 2700X like @TheRandomness said.

3 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Well you can't really go wrong with the budget Cooler Master Hyper 212, it's decent to get the job done and is close to the wraith stock coolers. But you can always try to get the Ryzen 7 2700 or 2700X like @TheRandomness said.

I would actually recommend the 2600 instead.  I own a 1700, and cores 7 and 8 are the two least utilized cores, so the extra hundred dollars for them is not worth it.  6 cores and 12 threads is more than enough for non-professional workstation loads, (its fine for those too tbh) and it is more than any game could want for the foreseeable future.  It is priced slightly lower than the 1700, but has stronger IPCs for gaming, not to mention it overclocks much easier.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

8 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

I would actually recommend the 2600 instead.  I own a 1700, and cores 7 and 8 are the two least utilized cores, so the extra hundred dollars for them is not worth it.  6 cores and 12 threads is more than enough for non-professional workstation loads, (its fine for those too tbh) and it is more than any game could want for the foreseeable future.  It is priced slightly lower than the 1700, but has stronger IPCs for gaming, not to mention it overclocks much easier.

Well true, if OP is not streaming and doing rendering then I guess saving some more money going down a couple cores would be a better idea.

20 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Well true, if OP is not streaming and doing rendering then I guess saving some more money going down a couple cores would be a better idea.

The 2700x is still the best AMD cpu for gaming because it clocks the highest. 

6 minutes ago, geo3 said:

They all cap at 4.2 man.

26 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

The 1600 was the best streaming processor out there.  12 threads is a lot.

17 minutes ago, geo3 said:

just cause you play games dont mean you have to get 2700x/8700k, or their would be alot less cpu choices lol. But OP this is the best amd mainstream cpu that would do best for gaming. i would re-thinking your choice though and follow a sugestion from one of the other members, and getting something more powerful as that card you are getting is a good card, so get a cpu to better pair with it. 

Also, if you live in a warm/hot area and play games alot, or overclock you should get a AIO. Yes their are air coolers that do as good, but if your like me and dont like how those big things look, a nice simple AIO is good. I'm running a cooler master h100iv2 on the front of my case in a push/pull configuration with a notoriously hot running cpu, with a aggressive overclock for it, and my temps never exceed 65c.

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

20 minutes ago, O9B0666 said:

just cause you play games dont mean you have to get 2700x/8700k, or their would be alot less cpu choices lol. But OP this is the best amd mainstream cpu that would do best for gaming. i would re-thinking your choice though and follow a sugestion from one of the other members, and getting something more powerful as that card you are getting is a good card, so get a cpu to better pair with it. 

Also, if you live in a warm/hot area and play games alot, or overclock you should get a AIO. Yes their are air coolers that do as good, but if your like me and dont like how those big things look, a nice simple AIO is good. I'm running a cooler master h100iv2 on the front of my case in a push/pull configuration with a notoriously hot running cpu, with a aggressive overclock for it, and my temps never exceed 65c.

Keep in mind with front mounted AIOs, that you are now running warm air past you GPU.  Top mounting is the superior method.  Also, the only difference between the 2600 and the 2700 is that you are paying an extra 100 dollars to go from 6 to 8 cores, and VERY few games can even make use of all six, much less need them.  THey are hyperthreaded mind you.  Believe me, that extra hundred would be better spend on a better GPU.  Your CPu does not need to, "be more powerful for a powerful GPU", it needs to be fast, and have the capacity necessary to not bottleneck your GPU. Any current mainstream processor can do that. 

10 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Keep in mind with front mounted AIOs, that you are now running warm air past you GPU.  Top mounting is the superior method.  . 

My gpu is aio cooled. Also at the top as heat rises, your pushing all that hot air over fins that cool your CPU which I don't find to be too superior. Also, I have 3 corsair rgb fans upfront pushing air in my rad then two noctua nf 12s pulling air through so I have so much air moving inside my case with two sucking it out from the back and three sucking it out from the top that's not a issue in my case. 

The rest of your statement ?

EDIT: i finally got my anidees white crystal cube case and my old 4th gen builds (wife uses to game with me sometimes with this) in this thermaltake case in my profile pic.

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

13 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

How does the ryzen 5 2600x sound ?

2 minutes ago, Ashhez said:

Like a plan.  Pro4 b350, ripjaws V 3600 and you're good to go.

1 minute ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Like a plan.  Pro4 b350, ripjaws V 3600 and you're good to go.

Thank you !!

8 minutes ago, Ashhez said:

The 2600X has a nice rumble at idle and a satisfying vroom when running wide open, but nothing beats the sound of having two extra cores. The 2700X is throaty and commanding and is heaven to anyone's ears. 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case