Zotac 1070 ti mini underperforming

coolgamer223

I recently just bought a new Zotac gtx 1070 ti mini 8gb as an upgrade from rx 580 4gb and when I put everything in my PC and used ddu to unistall old drivers and then I reinstalled the new nvidia drivers I was really surprised to see horrible performance from my new card. I tried using different nvidia control panel settings and nothing helps. My 1070ti is paired up with a ryzen 5 1400 so could it be a bottleneck? I think even if it was a bottleneck I still should see more fps. In fortnite battle royale i struggle to stay at even 80 fps on highest settings with dips into low 40s and high 30s when looking in a certain direction. Even in Just cause 3 my fps drops from 90s to low 30s when there are too many things going on. Please I really need some help. I want to fix my new card.

8 minutes ago, coolgamer223 said:

Download firestrike or some other canned benchmark and compare it to other 1070tis.

What's your case? Card might be overheating or something.

Should be at like 200+fps in fortnite on any modern CPU

image.png.822a8c95c9d848774a92dfd73c5843c2.png

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I dont know the exact case but I put the 1070 ti in my old prebuilt case. Ill link it here:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-1400-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-black/5833100.p?skuId=5833100. I checked and temps were normal but I will try it again. Thanks for the quick response

5 minutes ago, coolgamer223 said:

I dont know the exact case but I put the 1070 ti in my old prebuilt case. Ill link it here:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-1400-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-black/5833100.p?skuId=5833100. I checked and temps were normal but I will try it again. Thanks for the quick response

Should be fine so long as you have 2 fans at the top blowing down on everything.

Probably just completely reinstall windows to rule out any software issues.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, coolgamer223 said:

Like a master reset? if so I already have.

Like a complete wipe and reinstall

If it's not software and it's not overheating it might just be a bad 1070ti.

What's your current monitor? 1080p 60hz?

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, coolgamer223 said:

Yes 1080p 60hz

You really didn't even need to replace the RX 580 for 1080p gaming, unless you're running games completely maxxed out in which case I would suggest you stick to medium-high settings

I'd just return the 1070ti and buy a better display, then save the rest for a next gen GPU in a few months.

like this 1080p 144hz VA free-sync display
Amazon.com: Acer Gaming Monitor 23.6” Curved ED242QR Abidpx 1920 x 1080 144Hz Refresh Rate AMD FREESYNC Technology (Display Port, HDMI & DVI Ports): Computers & Accessories

A complete reinstall in that you wipe your hard drive and use Microsoft's media creation tool to make a Windows 10 USB.

I think your Key should automatically reactivate itself in that case if it's tied to a microsoft account online. Or just write it down before reinstalling.

Spoiler

One of the main reason I bought the 1070 ti was because there was something wrong with my rx 580 and I wanted to crush 1080 p gaming on ultra settings. Also when I first bought my pc windows was already installed so how could I get the key?

4 minutes ago, coolgamer223 said:

One of the main reason I bought the 1070 ti was because there was something wrong with my rx 580 and I wanted to crush 1080 p gaming on ultra settings. Also when I first bought my pc windows was already installed so how could I get the key?

Just go to settings and under system it should have the key at the bottom.

What was wrong with the RX 580? Because it sounds like you've had 2 GPUs with issues.

What's the power supply in that machine?

an RX 580 should be able to do high-ultra gaming in most cases.

Spoiler

I dont know the power supply and I cant seem to open that part of the case either.  And ill do more checking about the windows thing