Here are ltt thumbnails

PX2U

I saw a thumbnail that was their advertisement slot, forgot what video though.

I'm one of the (possibly) few that hopes YouTube follows through with this plan. It sucks for content creators because they lose branding options in their thumbnails but I'm so sick of click-bait thumbnails. Especially ones like the movie/tv discussions where they show an image with a big red circle or an arrow and it's just not referenced in the video proper.

We overclocked EVERYTHING is the best one

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

looks like he's doing some sick rap moves in the Servers one

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Some of those images are actually (in my opinion) pretty decent thumbnails. Some, are not.

The good: (Ones that are just as good or better than LTTs custom thumbnails)
I went to CHINA
Old routers
Rave PC (way better, just because it looks like Linus is unenthusiastically trying to have a one man rave)
Nerds World Cup
High school for gamers
Dual Sockets matter in 2018

The really bad: (Ones that look like there was a stuff up)
Overclocked everything - Even Linus' face
$800 for a great gaming laptop

The rest are a bit average. The gaming with your feet thumbnail looks like Linus just smelled someone's [foot] controller.

image.png.8369923fe8e8aa05b0318e7b8e7c6db7.png
WAN Show Bingo: Automated thumbnail DLC
New exclusive tiles available for your WAN Show Bingo game card, including:
"Automated thumbnail captures Luke's obnoxiously loud laugh"
"Automated thumbnail captures Linus taking a sideways sip from his bottle"
"Automated thumbnail captures LaserJames"
"Automated thumbnail captures Colton stealing Savage Jerky"
... And many more! Check out the link in the video description.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

There’s a lot of garbage custom thumbnails out there, and I can see why YouTube would want to experiment with this.

In the past before custom thumbnails they used to take the thumbnail at predictable points, so people did plant in one frame that they wanted to be the thumbnail. So custom thumbnails was a kind of solution to that. This was all years ago though and I’m sure they could do a lot better this time round.

Anything to get rid of those stupid fake ‘how shocked can I look’ faces you see which always lead to such mundane content.

58 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

oh hey you guys got it too!

Can you please search "Top 10" or "You won't believe" in youtube for me and post the resulting thumbnail results? I'm curious to see what the ultra-clickbaity garbage looks like without custom thumbnails.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I wish that there just was a simple toggle switch, that can enable or disable that feature.

14 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

I wish that there just was a simple toggle switch, that can enable or disable that feature.

Oh yes please!!!!! :)

Lmao, this is horrible. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

8 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Lmao, this is horrible. 

Still better than some of their custom thumbnails though... :P

• 3 months later...
On 7/6/2018 at 10:45 AM, Snipergod87 said:

I saw a thumbnail that was their advertisement slot, forgot what video though.

Ok