What should I upgrade 1st?

Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted here. I used to post all the time when I wanted tips on how to build my 1st machine, which parts to choose and what I wanted to do with my pc. 

Here's my Build:

System

• CPU
    Intel core i7-4790
  • Motherboard
    Asus z97-c
  • RAM
    Kingston DDR3 HyperX Fury Red 2x8192MB 1866MHz
  • GPU
    Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix
  • Case
    Cooler Master Master Case Pro 5
  • Storage
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 64MB SATAIII
  • PSU
    Corsair cx600M
  • Display(s)
    Crucial bx100 120GB
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

CPU cooler is the stock cooler (I was too lazy about this I know)

So since my pc is about to make 3 years I feel that I should upgrade some parts. I don't know what to upgrade honestly. I still use my pc mainly for gaming, streaming, recording and editing. I don't know how much time it will take me to get all the parts because I'm still a student and I don't work yet but I don't what to go above 1000€. Can you guys give me any tips? I wanted to set up a second monitor because of my streams but I don't know if my GPU would handle it. 

Thanks in advance for the help guys 

6 minutes ago, CaptainKieseI said:

1. get an SSD  just saw u got them listed as displays xD

2. upgrade the GPU (maybe wait for next gen)

Thanks for responding so quickly. One thing that's worrying my is my motherboard. I really don't think it's good. And since I've been out of the scene, I don't know how the sockets are doing. If 1150 is still being updated. Is another socket became the standard one. Really rusty about this subject 

3 minutes ago, Powesedor (Pedro Pereira) said:

Thanks for responding so quickly. One thing that's worrying my is my motherboard. I really don't think it's good. And since I've been out of the scene, I don't know how the sockets are doing. If 1150 is still being updated. Is another socket became the standard one. Really rusty about this subject 

Sadly Intel refreshes thier motherboards/chipsets every year.. your MB is good but it will only fit CPUs up to the 5th Gen.

Just wait for the next gen I7 for now just upgrade the gpu if you really need to. the 970 has still some power in it. 

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

A larger SSD, i personaly run a 1Tb SSD and a 256Gb SSD, both Sata. No HDD's. Just so nice not having a noisy HDD and ofc fast load times for everything.

Other than that, if you want mroe frames in games, a newer GPU, BUT, GPU prices are still inflated so nows not the best time if you can wait, which with a 970, u can wait :)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

pretty solid, just upgrade the GPU and get a larger ssd