Hello peppole, Im having a huge problem in my country (Romania) peppole say the antminer S9 and all others come assecond hand iven if they are rated as new ones. And some say its worth and other say it desent.

I want to buy some bitcoin miner or gpu rig to mine some bitcoin.

Its stil worth? What should I buy? From where?

Electricity cost about 0.1253 US dollars per KW.

Probably not. Bitcoin difficulty levels are too high and getting the coin, or parts of it will be hard.

hi.

The later you jump in on bitcoin the less profitable it becomes as the difficulty curve is quite steep. Unless it's like 10% of the original price, I wouldn't touch a mining rig with a 10 foot pole.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Probably not. Bitcoin difficulty levels are too high and getting the coin, or parts of it will be hard.

If you have personal experience, please tell me why not? And wath is worth mining? What to buy for mining and worth the money.

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

The later you jump in on bitcoin the less profitable it becomes as the difficulty curve is quite steep. Unless it's like 10% of the original price, I wouldn't touch a mining rig with a 10 foot pole.

It means it doesnt worth the money now? Or other curency then BTC? I need some advice from someone who has experience in this field. Thank you for responding me so fast to all peppole!

The cost of electricity is higher than the amount of bitcoin produced in a month. 

Or, if there's some profit, it's so small that you can't consider it a profit, because you don't account for the amount of heat and noise produced by the miner, you don't realize you'll also have to pay for air conditioning or fans for moving a lot of air around to keep the room cool.

Basically, whatever the profit would be, it's so small that you'll recover the investment in the miner software in YEARS.

When new ASIC miners were launched, they had enough performance per watt that you could recover the cost of the unit within maybe 4 to 8 months, then maybe make some profit for around 2-4 months, and after this amount of time the difficulty goes up so much that your miner is less and less efficient, it produces less coins (or parts of coins) as time goes by.

That's why you typically see these miner machines available for sale at a discount after 6 to 12 months, they're just trying to recover some of the initial price after already recovering their investment and maybe making a profit for a couple of months.

Leave the bitcoin to people who can buy power stations or  have huge solar panel installations and decide it's more profitable to mine using solar power instead of pumping it into the grid for pennies.

25 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The cost of electricity is higher than the amount of bitcoin produced in a month. 

Or, if there's some profit, it's so small that you can't consider it a profit, because you don't account for the amount of heat and noise produced by the miner, you don't realize you'll also have to pay for air conditioning or fans for moving a lot of air around to keep the room cool.

Basically, whatever the profit would be, it's so small that you'll recover the investment in the miner software in YEARS.

When new ASIC miners were launched, they had enough performance per watt that you could recover the cost of the unit within maybe 4 to 8 months, then maybe make some profit for around 2-4 months, and after this amount of time the difficulty goes up so much that your miner is less and less efficient, it produces less coins (or parts of coins) as time goes by.

That's why you typically see these miner machines available for sale at a discount after 6 to 12 months, they're just trying to recover some of the initial price after already recovering their investment and maybe making a profit for a couple of months.

Leave the bitcoin to people who can buy power stations or  have huge solar panel installations and decide it's more profitable to mine using solar power instead of pumping it into the grid for pennies.

Hi, thank you for your response. I wish to do all of teath but I need to know if is worth it to get money. I have in mind to take some EU help, they give us 40k euro to go green on electricity. I have in mid to install solar pannells and windturbine. The room witch will stay the asic will be underground so will be chilly.

No one will live there to produce heat for about 8 years from now on. Does worth GPU or ASIC ? I need something to stay on theat and and produce something.

What worth mining? Witch coin?

Only if you got them very early.
Just look at the difficulty chart of Dash: https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dash-difficulty.html

People only just receiving their ASICs likely won't get a return of investment.

10 hours ago, BUSTAMANTE said:

Its stil worth? What should I buy? From where?

Electricity cost about 0.1253 US dollars per KW.

No one can tell you this!
There are always going to be 2 groups of people: one telling you it's OK and to go for it, the other say you shouldn't because you'll just be wasting your money. You have to make a decision for yourself. Do your own research.

No one can tell you for sure what's going to happen with cryptocurrency.

No one can tell you it's going to be profitable for you or not.
No one can tell you how much profit you are going to be able to make. (If you can make any at all.) 
No one can tell you the ROI (return of investment) time.

None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow, months later or 6 months later. Those calculators are telling you about today, at the specific moment when you are typing in your information.

It's actually a little bit like gambling. You should decide if you want to play the lottery or not...
YES some got lucky and made (lots of) money with mining
YES some got unlucky and lost (lots of) money with mining.

my take is that due to the difficulty being so high, it makes more sense to take the same money you would spend on a miner and purchase some bitcoin instead. Mining by design will get less and less profitable every year. If you're going to take the risk and gamble with your money, just invest in the cryptocurrency instead of buying the equipment to get it. Cut out the middle man in the process

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.