PLEASE HELP!!!! BIOS UPDATE FROZE!!!

3 days ago i bought a new laptop (Asus tuf fx504gd) and had some issues with it. Today i decided to update my bios hoping that it will fix issues. I followed asus instructions how to update bios and now it is frozen for 30 minutes... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ;( PLEASE HELP!

1530781233959-357217010.jpg

What's worked for me is just restart pc and retry or restart and try a different file one lower update or something. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

1 minute ago, O9B0666 said:

What's worked for me is just restart pc and retry or restart and try a different file one lower update or something. 

It wont damage my pc? ;(

After that much time, I'd say it's fair to say it's fucked. Reboot and hope it will boot up. If not, RMA it. A failed BIOS flash isn't user error.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

After that much time, I'd say it's fair to say it's fucked. Reboot and hope it will boot up. If not, RMA it. A failed BIOS flash isn't user error.

Ok i'll do it ;( im about to cry... so much money wasted......

2 minutes ago, Instrange. said:

Ok i'll do it ;( im about to cry... so much money wasted......

RMA means return to manufacturer, so there's no money wasted. Your retailer has to fix it free of charge since the machine is under warranty.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

RMA means return to manufacturer, so there's no money wasted. Your retailer has to fix it free of charge since the machine is under warranty.

I restarted pc and it booted back to windows!!! I wont be trying to update my bios anymore. Thank you so much for advice!!! 

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

not necessarily, they usually try to avoid being in that situation by putting a disclaimer while downloading the file or before updating the bios. However this is a really easy fix with EEPROM programmer and a working computer.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

not necessarily, they usually try to avoid being in that situation by putting a disclaimer while downloading the file or before updating the bios. However this is a really easy fix with EEPROM programmer and a working computer.

Depends on where you are in the world, I suppose. A disclaimer like that is just as useless as a "warranty void if removed" sticker which is now outlawed in the EU.

I've had a few people around me with failed BIOS flashes and none of the retailers had a problem with replacing the board under warranty.

12 minutes ago, Instrange. said:

I restarted pc and it booted back to windows!!! I wont be trying to update my bios anymore. Thank you so much for advice!!! 

Just trying the update before the one you just tried. If that works do the newest. I had to do it like that with mine. If it freezes just restart. No reason to install unnecessary other programs like advised and jump through hoops. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

3 minutes ago, O9B0666 said:

Just trying the update before the one you just tried. If that works do the newest. I had to do it like that with mine. If it freezes just restart. No reason to install unnecessary other programs like advised and jump through hoops. 

thanks for your help :) I don't want to deal with bios updates anymore because im scared now. the reason why i was doing the bios update was because my computer has gtx 1050, 8gb of ram, i5 8300h and cant run simple games like League of Legends or Guild wars 2. I'm getting 15 fps in those games even though my pc is capable of running them at max settings without any issues. Would updating bios help to solve this issue?

Idk about the bios but you could unsintall gtx and reinstall newest drivers. 

Firestrike 

Retired:

2 minutes ago, O9B0666 said:

Idk about the bios but you could unsintall gtx and reinstall newest drivers. 

tried it many times but it didnt help

1 minute ago, Instrange. said:

tried it many times but it didnt help

First of, is your pc in high performance power plan?

Second, go to "Nvidia control panel" And make sure that it is "use high performance Nvidia graphics" Instead of "Use intel hd graphics".

You can find the settings in 3d settings in the Nvidia control panel.

4 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

First of, is your pc in high performance power plan?

Second, go to "Nvidia control panel" And make sure that it is "use high performance Nvidia graphics" Instead of "Use intel hd graphics".

You can find the settings in 3d settings in the Nvidia control panel.

Yeah everything is configured just like u said.

1 minute ago, Instrange. said:

Yeah everything is configured just like u said.

Is the power cable in? All the gaming laptops perform terribly on the battery.

7 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Is the power cable in? All the gaming laptops perform terribly on the battery.

Yes xD

1 hour ago, Instrange. said:

Yes xD

5n0hz6.jpg

Firestrike 

Retired:

Hope that helps better. 

Firestrike 

Retired: