[WIP] Project Litecoin Miner | i5 2310 | ASUS P8P67 Pro | CM HAF X | 2 x R9 280X

paulsterio

So I added up the totals for my last build and it turned out to be a lot of money, so what better way to drown my sorrows than to buy even more hardware. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/89136-wip-project-greyscale-i7-3930k-r9-290-nzxt-phantom-410-240mm-360mm-rads/

Realistically though, the aim of this project is not an investment, it is to help pay back the amount that I have spent on hardware over the past two years or so as well as get myself some "free" graphics cards, as my GTX660 is needing a bit of an upgrade. 

So I dug around and found a few Sandy Bridge parts - an i5 2310 and ASUS P8P67 Pro and decided that this could be the start of a new journey into Litecoin Mining. 

I ordered two 280X's, might expand to three in the future, but coupled with my existing hardware and a spare Corsair HX1000 which I removed from my "Greyscale" build, hopefully this will turn out to be a ripper of a mining rig. 

Let's see how it goes. Possibly going to watercool in the future. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White