Coinbase is a mess for me, please help

Hi everyone!

Im trying to buy some games on the site Kinguin. There is a option to pay with Bitcoin via BitPay. I have my BTC stored on Coinbase and I want to spend them right at the moment. BUT...

I have ran into problems with both Coinbase and Bitpay and I dont know why I cant procedd with the payment.

In the coinbase app, I can enter the proper ammount,but I cant scan the qr code properly. The app just gives my a slap in the face and procceds to not do anything when I try to pay.

Anyone outthere that knows how to pay with Coinbase?

6 minutes ago, Frode said:

Hi everyone!

Im trying to buy some games on the site Kinguin. There is a option to pay with Bitcoin via BitPay. I have my BTC stored on Coinbase and I want to spend them right at the moment. BUT...

I have ran into problems with both Coinbase and Bitpay and I dont know why I cant procedd with the payment.

In the coinbase app, I can enter the proper ammount,but I cant scan the qr code properly. The app just gives my a slap in the face and procceds to not do anything when I try to pay.

Anyone outthere that knows how to pay with Coinbase?

I think you can manually type in the address and amount :) 

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

I think it would be safer to transfer the coin into your bank balance, and pay from that.

hi.

I agree with @AskTJ. It would be better (?easier in this case?) if you would transfer the correct amount of Bitcoin to your bank account. If I’m not mistaken, you can simply pay on Kinguin using this option as well.

8 hours ago, AskTJ said:

I think it would be safer to transfer the coin into your bank balance, and pay from that.

Coinbase have no support for easy payment to your bank account without being to much of a hazzle, not paypal either which I really would have wished because it is so easy to use. Still thanks for the suggestion guys :).

What I learned after searching the web is that BitPay and Coinbase apperently are not supported with each other, or that Bitpay has changed their service a little. 

So what I ended up doing was that I made a Bitpay waller and sent my bitcoin there to then make the payment. BitPay went really well and I have now done my purchase.

Saw this late, but I ran into similar before. In short, Coinbase doesn't act exactly as a wallet, which Bitpay expects to interface with. When a wallet initiates a payment, it is seen by the network quickly, and Bitpay will detect that and move onto the next phase as the transaction is confirmed. Coinbase sends it out when it wants to, if you can even work out how to send it. Bitpay used to show a manual payment address but I didn't see that option any more on a more recent try. Quite likely Coinbase would take longer than Bitpay would like and the invoice would expire, leading to complications.

My solution was to move everything to desktop Electrum wallet instead, and even then I got confused if I wanted a segwit enabled wallet or not... and I couldn't link it to the mobile equivalent. For all the hype it isn't isn't quite mainstream ready.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible