programming languages ?

hello everyone,

i would like some suggestions regarding which programming language do you think is the best and will always be in demand ?

like for example iam good at C language and looking to either learn Java or python.

i would also like to know which is the best language that will get me a chance to get a job in the military weapon programming as iam majoring in mechatronics and embedded systems 

so what do you guys think ?

any and all opinions are more than appreciated.

thank you all :) 

I would say the most common language in my area is Java and C#, I myself work with C++ and other than a few exceptions noone would hire a c++ guy (again in my area)

I guess your best bet is C#, C++ and Java, maybe Python but I never looked into it so duno

1 minute ago, ZeouLs said:

I would say the most common language in my area is Java and C#, I myself work with C++ and other than a few exceptions noone would hire a c++ guy (again in my area)

what is your area ? and what do you think about military?

1 minute ago, OCD-FREAK said:

what is your area ? and what do you think about military?

I'm from Austria and I served my military service and plan on joining the cyber branch in my military over here. They used to use C++ but right now I think they switch over to C#. The company I work in right now was founded way back and the initial codes were written in C++. FFW ~20 years the programm is too big that noone would even try to rewrite it in C#. That is the reason why we still work with C++ and not C#. Though we make little tools and programms with C#

Java, Python, Javascript, C++ and C# are very much at the top of most in-demand languages currently in regular markets, but in a military-setting? No idea. Generally, embedded devices are mostly programmer in C++ and assembly, but assembly is only used for very specialized tasks, because of the time it takes to write it manually.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, ZeouLs said:

I'm from Austria and I served my military service and plan on joining the cyber branch in my military over here. They used to use C++ but right now I think they switch over to C#. The company I work in right now was founded way back and the initial codes were written in C++. FFW ~20 years the programm is too big that noone would even try to rewrite it in C#. That is the reason why we still work with C++ and not C#. Though we make little tools and programms with C#

wow! very interesting ! can you tell me more as iam interested in joining the military weapon production and avionics  

wow! very interesting ! can you tell me more as iam interested in joining the military weapon production and avionics  

I mean every nation handles differently. It comes all down to the decisions made by higher ups in the army so I cant really tell you what you should learn but I can guarantee that if you learn

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Java, Python, Javascript, C++ and C#

these you are well prepared

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Java, Python, Javascript, C++ and C# are very much at the top of most in-demand languages currently in regular markets, but in a military-setting? No idea. Generally, embedded devices are mostly programmer in C++ and assembly, but assembly is only used for very specialized tasks, because of the time it takes to write it manually.

so if you have to choose the top two languages which are they ? iam good at C language and heard that it's pretty much the most powerful language of all because of it's universal uses like in embedded programming, software and Linux is written in C !

so if you have to choose the top two languages which are they ? iam good at C language and heard that it's pretty much the most powerful language of all because of it's universal uses like in embedded programming, software and Linux is written in C !

For me C++ and C#. Java/Javascript Python never caught my interest

2 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

I mean every nation handles differently. It comes all down to the decisions made by higher ups in the army so I cant really tell you what you should learn but I can guarantee that if you learn

these you are well prepared

ok great , but so you think one can learn all these languages? i mean i dont think that you can be good in 5 languages, so i wish to master 2 languages that are the most wanted and can lead me to work in the military too 

3 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

For me C++ and C#. Java/Javascript Python never caught my interest

ok, how long do you think i need to get a good grip of C++ and C# ? having a background in C language ?

2 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

The whole "most powerful" - thinking is childish, drop such thinking. Every language has a different setting where it has more demand or where it's better than an other, and you should choose the language based on what your needs are and practical matters, like e.g. do the people you work with also use the language or not.

As for only choosing two languages: I'd probably choose C++ and Javascript. Javascript in general has a lot of demand, and C++ is used almost everywhere for at least some tasks. C++ is almost one of the most-used languages for embedded programming, so it definitely is a good idea to dig into it and learn the intricacies, if such embedded systems tickle your fancy.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

ok great , but so you think one can learn all these languages? i mean i dont think that you can be good in 5 languages, so i wish to master 2 languages that are the most wanted and can lead me to work in the military too 

Why not just hit them up or call and say you plan on working for them in the future and ask for the requirements for the job?

2 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

Why not just hit them up or call and say you plan on working for them in the future and ask for the requirements for the job?

do you think i stand a chance though ? 

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

The whole "most powerful" - thinking is childish, drop such thinking. Every language has a different setting where it has more demand or where it's better than an other, and you should choose the language based on what your needs are and practical matters, like e.g. do the people you work with also use the language or not.

As for only choosing two languages: I'd probably choose C++ and Javascript. Javascript in general has a lot of demand, and C++ is used almost everywhere for at least some tasks. C++ is almost one of the most-used languages for embedded programming, so it definitely is a good idea to dig into it and learn the intricacies, if such embedded systems tickle your fancy.

so you think that the two best languages i should learn are the family of Java and C ? 

3 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

do you think i stand a chance though ? 

Noone died from asking o.ô

For some reason scientists always use Python. I've no idea why but now the libraries are there and now we're stuck. R is also there but thats pretty much an extension of C# from what I hear (I've only used Python, Java and a little C#)

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

For some reason scientists always use Python. I've no idea why but now the libraries are there and now we're stuck. R is also there but thats pretty much an extension of C# from what I hear (I've only used Python, Java and a little C#)

i see you are an apple fan, what do you think of objective C ?

11 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

so you think that the two best languages i should learn are the family of Java and C ? 

Java != Javascript.

i see you are an apple fan, what do you think of objective C ?

Obsolete, replaced by Swift, which is very nice and intuitive. I've used it a lot before. It's a mix of Objective-C and C++. 

41 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

'cause scientist and mathematicians are coders. They need to code, but don't like to code. So they use whatever is the easiest.

softwaredevelopment is a changing market. predicting what lanuage is most searched for in the future is tough to do. in the microsoft world c# is not going anywhere. c++ is best for crossplattform compatibility and very widely used. if youre into embedded c is obvious. and honestly once you have a clear understanding of one of them the other are pretty understandable too. so in my experience i have now learned a little bit of everything from scripting with python or pl/sql to c/assembler while im usually doing c#. 

while this is not preferred by me since im no expert in anything but a bit of everthing objectivly id still say thats probably the way it turns out for most developers.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I talked to a US Air Force man that said he programmed with java but some youtuber that used to work with nasa said he used matlab for a personal project that included making a dartboard catch a dart by calculating where it was going. 

53 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

'cause scientist and mathematicians are coders. They need to code, but don't like to code. So they use whatever is the easiest.

I am a scientist and I would much prefer to use Java. Java is the future. 

43 minutes ago, fpo said:

I talked to a US Air Force man that said he programmed with java but some youtuber that used to work with nasa said he used matlab for a personal project that included making a dartboard catch a dart by calculating where it was going. 

I really appreciate answers like yours, very motivational. More please, Many thanks :)