Comcast's Xfinity Mobile Is Now Throttling Resolution, And Speed. Even Unlimited Users.

Arika
23 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

These companies are owned by investors aka Shareholders. Share holders dont want to spend millions on fiber upgrades when they can milk what they have now. Its just how it is in the US. Most shareholders are short term, meaning what matters is a quarter or a year. The fact is many saw what happened when Verizon started deploying Fiber 10 years ago. The profit was not there. Yeah they made money, but they didn't make enough to make shareholders happy. 

So really the only solution is for the tax payers to deploy a fiber network. The issue here? Well how the hell are we going to come up with money to deploy fiber, when we dont have money for our schools, roads, electrical infrastructure, dams, levies, bridges, and healthcare?  

Shouldn't matter what shareholders want. They signed contracts way back when making promises that they were supposed to deliver on a long time ago. That isn't how contracts work. You can't just back out after the other party fulfilled their end of the bargain. You need to deliver on yours at that point regardless if you want to or not. 

5 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Shouldn't matter what shareholders want. They signed contracts way back when making promises that they were supposed to deliver on a long time ago. That isn't how contracts work. You can't just back out after the other party fulfilled their end of the bargain. You need to deliver on yours at that point regardless if you want to or not. 

It matters what the shareholders want as the shareholders own the company. Companies break the law all the time and nothing happens. The only way for a community to make a company do anything is to take them to court. That costs tax payers dollars and can take years. Many tax payers dont want to deal with the legal costs. For cities like the one I live in, they frankly cant afford legal fees, not when their about to lay off a portion of our city workers if the millage doesnt pass on the ballot. Im sure many other communities are the same way. Strapped for cash. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 7/3/2018 at 11:15 AM, Master Disaster said:

England's largest ISP and the company who own the telephone network (BT) have been using traffic shaping for at least 10 years, it's nothing new.

During peak times (which they define as midday to 8pm weekdays or 10am to 8pm weekends) they throttle all non web page traffic to 400Kbps so things like Netflix & Amazon (via anything except your web browser), file sharing, gaming and music streaming (again unless it's browser based) will be running at reduced speed/quality. If you run the speed test app on your phone it shows 400Kbps while running speed test through the website shows your full connection speed.

It's part of the reason why I left them tbh, that and the fact they sent me a faulty router then refused to replace it and suggested I go and buy another one myself.

one small issue, if it's a broadband line, not mobile, under EU law they are not allowed to throttle or cap and have to give what you pay, unless it's cable that drops during pick hours because of the way the technology works, basically cable you share the pipe with the others around you, dsl and fiber is straight to you and don't suffer from this but it's more expressive

CPU Name: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor @4.25

Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

RAM: G.Skill Flare X @3200Mhz 14-14-14-34-48-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)

this appears to be industry wide, I checked in at work and we as in comcast appear to be getting our arms twisted by vorizon. also noticedm y T-mobile now does it too if you dont opt out.

I have xfinity mobile.

RIP phone.

And they say 5G will revolutionize the future. It's all lies. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

8 hours ago, spider623 said:

one small issue, if it's a broadband line, not mobile, under EU law they are not allowed to throttle or cap and have to give what you pay, unless it's cable that drops during pick hours because of the way the technology works, basically cable you share the pipe with the others around you, dsl and fiber is straight to you and don't suffer from this but it's more expressive

One issue, Comcast is an American company not under EU law. Throttling is completely legal here. Also, all internet connections are a shared pipe, It just a matter of where in the chain it becomes a shared pipe. To my understanding Verizon FIOS (Fiber) has 30 people sharing the line heading back to Verizon. DSL generally it turns in to a shared line when it hits the remote box in the neighborhood or when it hits the Co, I can only speak for Comcast but they have 100-300 people on a node. 

Comcast is not throttling due to congestion, they are throttling because they use Verizon's LTE network and they also use Comcast hotspots. The issue here is Comcast only has hotspots in businesses they serve and in customers homes who use their modem. People like me who own my own modem and router dont provide a hotspot. I think the throttling is due to Verizon not liking a lot of data usage. Plus most wireless carriers throttle to a degree or deprioritize data, so I dont see the issue here. 

6 hours ago, Tellos said:

@Donut417 this is not on Comcasts network it is on Vorizons.

Which I stated earlier. For your info Comcast relies on WiFi for their wireless service. Such as using their WiFI hotspots that are broadcasted by their customers modem/routers. So in part it does impact the Comcast network. This also impacts Comcast's bottom line if they end up having to pay Verizon more for more usage. 

4 minutes ago, Tellos said:

@Donut417  I know I WORK for them.

I wouldnt make that public knowledge. Not many around my parts like Comcast. LOL. 

@Donut417 some know laready and if they hate me because of where i work I guess thats their buisness. 

On 7/2/2018 at 3:28 AM, Arika S said:

So they claim that it's to help people not use as much data, but it was really just a way they can charge more money, because comcast.

...Well that didn't take long after Net Neutrality was repealed. Wouldn't be surprised if Comcast starts doing this on their internet service in a few months too. -_-

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

1 minute ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

...Well that didn't take long after Net Neutrality was repealed. Wouldn't be surprised if Comcast starts doing this on their internet service in a few months too. -_-

They have been capping their service for years. 1 TB a month $10 for every 50 Gigs over. While there entire network is not capped, the places with little to no competition are capped. They were even doing this during Net Neutrality. As far as their wireless service is concerned, Im guessing they are getting squeezed by Verizon.