How do I safely remove the solder from my haswell EP CPUs

I have 2 haswell EP cpus that I want to use for a build and I want to delid them, but they are soldered, how can I safely remove the solder from my cpus?

EDIT1: nvm the safe part I want to know what is the safest, which doesn't have to be safe

EDIT2: Topic closed

There is no 'safe' method.

It's a risk you need to take if you want to try delidding those.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, DGC said:

I have 2 haswell EP cpus that I want to use for a build and I want to delid them, but they are soldered, how can I safely remove the solder from my cpus?

Well there is really no safe way to delid a soldered cpu, and you shouldn't really since you might crack the die.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

There is no 'safe' method.

It's a risk you need to take if you want to try delidding those.

ok, please tell me the safest way to remove the solder

Why on Earth do you want to delid them? Solder is the best thermal interface material you can have between the die and the IHS.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

4 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Well there is really no safe way to delid a soldered cpu, and you shouldn't really since you might crack the die.

4 minutes ago, DGC said:

Some people heat them up to soften the solder with heat guns and then delid them like a regular CPU.

Good chance of ripping the die off of the CPU though.

If you put too much heat you also kill the CPU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, DGC said:

Basically you might end up with a completely usable cpu or this

Image result for FX 8350 delid

10 minutes ago, DGC said:

Again, why do you want to delid the CPU? There is nothing to be gained and, in all likelyhood, you will destroy it.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

On 6/30/2018 at 11:07 PM, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Again, why do you want to delid the CPU? There is nothing to be gained and, in all likelyhood, you will destroy it.

Still waiting for an answer.

Jeannie