Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jackestrel

Hiding root with G360V

Looks like for now there are no custom recoveries for this phone.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I finally rooted my Samsung Core prime G360V, but I want to be able to flash custom ROMs along with being able to hide the root from apps. I don't think my device is supported on TWRP so I can't get a custom recovery for Magisk. I can't get RootCloak because Xposed also doesn't support my device. I switched KingSu for SuperSu and was wondering if I would have could get MagiskSu somehow.

(I posted this here instead of XDA because I never get replies there)

-Thanks

Ah CDMA carrier branded phone... the worst type of phone for custom software development

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Unfortunately since it's a Verizon branded phone the bootloader is locked and there's virtually no development done on it and it can't be rooted :/

Motherboard : ASUS Prime B350-Plus
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU : AMD RX580 
SSD : Corsair Force MP510 240GB
HDD : 1TB Seagate 7200RPM
RAM : 16GB
Case : Corsair Spec-05

Steam : https://steamcommunity.com/id/milkerfish
Twitter : https://twitter.com/milkerfish

5 hours ago, milkerfish said:

Unfortunately since it's a Verizon branded phone the bootloader is locked and there's virtually no development done on it and it can't be rooted :/

Idk I have tried like 4 different root checkers and I get a successful root from every one. Unfortunately, its KingSu so it's not a "real" root. 

-Thanks

15 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ah CDMA carrier branded phone... the worst type of phone for custom software development

I Know :(

-Thanks