Changing my WAN IPV4

Fr8ty
13 hours ago, Tellos said:

@Fr8ty if it were somebody calling me fearing a compromised IP address I'd be getting them to CSA teams asap.

Don’t know his actual info he uses a vpn and proxy 24/7

@Fr8ty dont need to they can change the ip likely of yours and boot his off by doing so.

Personally my first priority would be to make sure I have a good router so that if anything suspicious IS happening I can see it in the logs and mitigate its impact.

I limit incoming connections to my NAS to only countries I know I might VPN/SSH in from.  You can also add block lists for known attackers, compromised IPs, etc.  You could also block his VPN simply by entering their AS number (I'm yet to test this though).

Obviously that doesn't protect from DDoS, but it does provide a decent level of protection from compromise and make identifying a DDoS a lot easier.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 7/5/2018 at 2:18 PM, Fr8ty said:

Don’t know his actual info he uses a vpn and proxy 24/7

@Alex Atkin UK has a valid point. A better router. Something more business grade that has a good firewall/ better security options. Im not saying that you shouldn't call your ISP for a solution. But if your doing business on this network, then you need business level security to keep you safe. If you can get the IP he is attacking you from, you should be able to track it down to a VPN provider, IP address assignments should be public domain, thats how Netflix catches and bans VPN's from accessing their servers. If you can find out who it belongs to, maybe you can call them and file a complaint. It may or may not do anything but its at least worth a try. Because some VPN's keep logs, plus a DDOS requires a lot of data to be thrown at a network, which means they could potentially cause issues to others using the VPN service, not to mention issues for your ISP, if the node gets overloaded from the data. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

@Alex Atkin UK has a valid point. A better router. Something more business grade that has a good firewall/ better security options. Im not saying that you shouldn't call your ISP for a solution. But if your doing business on this network, then you need business level security to keep you safe. If you can get the IP he is attacking you from, you should be able to track it down to a VPN provider, IP address assignments should be public domain, thats how Netflix catches and bans VPN's from accessing their servers. If you can find out who it belongs to, maybe you can call them and file a complaint. It may or may not do anything but its at least worth a try. Because some VPN's keep logs, plus a DDOS requires a lot of data to be thrown at a network, which means they could potentially cause issues to others using the VPN service, not to mention issues for your ISP, if the node gets overloaded from the data. 

Yeah I am saving up to buy a good router but right now I am fine with the router my ISP provides. I have never had problems until now which isn't the routers fault.