Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My collegue had same issue when using AMD Ryzen. So I think that this resolves the problem. Apparently in some cases CPU is stressed so hard, that sometimes it can't handle well any other tasks like rendering your desktop, and cursor movements. AIDA64 doesn't have that kind of impact. My OC was tested with it for 24 hours and no single error. Same with 8 hours of RealBench. I used Blender too and it handles well.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, i have a problem. My i5 8600k when using OCCT Linpack with AVX freezes even on stock, but just a little, like for second or two maximum. I don't know if it is a sign there is something not right with my cpu? When i overclock should i pay atention to even little freezes or just the big ones? I'm getting crazy :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1nterfector said:

Hi, i have a problem. My i5 8600k when using OCCT Linpack with AVX freezes even on stock, but just a little, like for second or two maximum. I don't know if it is a sign there is something not right with my cpu? When i overclock should i pay atention to even little freezes or just the big ones? I'm getting crazy :(

Stop overclocking.

Then see if the issue goes away.

If it does, then you know your OC is at fault.


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Stop overclocking.

Then see if the issue goes away.

If it does, then you know your OC is at fault.

Just as I said higher "My i5 8600k when using OCCT Linpack with AVX freezes even on stock" There is certainly one freeze at the start of occt when it goes for a minute. Freeze is like 1 or 2 seconds long. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1nterfector said:

Just as I said higher "My i5 8600k when using OCCT Linpack with AVX freezes even on stock" There is certainly one freeze at the start of occt when it goes for a minute. Freeze is like 1 or 2 seconds long. 

Sorry, it wasn't clear if you went back to OCing or not.

 

Does the system freeze at any other point in time, or just stress testing?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1nterfector said:

No problem. System only freezes with OCCT. I think that no other program, even prime95. 

If it doesn't freeze with anything else, then I wouldn't lose sleep over it.


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

The clue question is. If my system freezes during stress test only for a second or two, is this a reason to call it unstable? Should i then just add more voltage?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If it doesn't freeze with anything else, then I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

What do you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 1nterfector said:

The clue question is. If my system freezes during stress test only for a second or two, is this a reason to call it unstable? Should i then just add more voltage?

Not really. It could just be a OCCT thing.

 

OCCT can be pretty buggy.


Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1nterfector said:

What do you think?

How long have you been using this system?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1nterfector said:

Not very long, for about month maximum. 

Has it gone stupid in any way, other than the benchmark software?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Has it gone stupid in any way, other than the benchmark software?

I don't know, but when i play BF4 i think game is not smooth enough even when I have 140 fps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
22 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Not really. It could just be a OCCT thing.

 

OCCT can be pretty buggy.

 

22 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

How long have you been using this system?


This is the video of this issue. U can turn off audio, because it is in Polish. Video of stress test freezes . This was tested in realbench. Is it ok, or should i be worried?

Link to post
Share on other sites

try the burn test instead of OCCT


ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP · Best Answer

My collegue had same issue when using AMD Ryzen. So I think that this resolves the problem. Apparently in some cases CPU is stressed so hard, that sometimes it can't handle well any other tasks like rendering your desktop, and cursor movements. AIDA64 doesn't have that kind of impact. My OC was tested with it for 24 hours and no single error. Same with 8 hours of RealBench. I used Blender too and it handles well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×