OC Freeze i5 8600K

Go to solution Solved by Arwinnd,

My collegue had same issue when using AMD Ryzen. So I think that this resolves the problem. Apparently in some cases CPU is stressed so hard, that sometimes it can't handle well any other tasks like rendering your desktop, and cursor movements. AIDA64 doesn't have that kind of impact. My OC was tested with it for 24 hours and no single error. Same with 8 hours of RealBench. I used Blender too and it handles well.

Hi, i have a problem. My i5 8600k when using OCCT Linpack with AVX freezes even on stock, but just a little, like for second or two maximum. I don't know if it is a sign there is something not right with my cpu? When i overclock should i pay atention to even little freezes or just the big ones? I'm getting crazy :(

7 minutes ago, 1nterfector said:

Hi, i have a problem. My i5 8600k when using OCCT Linpack with AVX freezes even on stock, but just a little, like for second or two maximum. I don't know if it is a sign there is something not right with my cpu? When i overclock should i pay atention to even little freezes or just the big ones? I'm getting crazy :(

Stop overclocking.

Then see if the issue goes away.

If it does, then you know your OC is at fault.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Stop overclocking.

Then see if the issue goes away.

If it does, then you know your OC is at fault.

Just as I said higher "My i5 8600k when using OCCT Linpack with AVX freezes even on stock" There is certainly one freeze at the start of occt when it goes for a minute. Freeze is like 1 or 2 seconds long. 

2 minutes ago, 1nterfector said:

Just as I said higher "My i5 8600k when using OCCT Linpack with AVX freezes even on stock" There is certainly one freeze at the start of occt when it goes for a minute. Freeze is like 1 or 2 seconds long. 

Sorry, it wasn't clear if you went back to OCing or not.

Does the system freeze at any other point in time, or just stress testing?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

No problem. System only freezes with OCCT. I think that no other program, even prime95. 

1 minute ago, 1nterfector said:

No problem. System only freezes with OCCT. I think that no other program, even prime95. 

If it doesn't freeze with anything else, then I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

The clue question is. If my system freezes during stress test only for a second or two, is this a reason to call it unstable? Should i then just add more voltage?

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If it doesn't freeze with anything else, then I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

What do you think?

9 minutes ago, 1nterfector said:

The clue question is. If my system freezes during stress test only for a second or two, is this a reason to call it unstable? Should i then just add more voltage?

Not really. It could just be a OCCT thing.

OCCT can be pretty buggy.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, 1nterfector said:

What do you think?

How long have you been using this system?

6 hours ago, 1nterfector said:

Not very long, for about month maximum. 

Has it gone stupid in any way, other than the benchmark software?

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Has it gone stupid in any way, other than the benchmark software?

I don't know, but when i play BF4 i think game is not smooth enough even when I have 140 fps.

22 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Not really. It could just be a OCCT thing.

OCCT can be pretty buggy.

22 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

How long have you been using this system?

This is the video of this issue. U can turn off audio, because it is in Polish. Video of stress test freezes . This was tested in realbench. Is it ok, or should i be worried?

try the burn test instead of OCCT

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I've tried with other psu, which is new. No change. :( I think, it should be that way.

My collegue had same issue when using AMD Ryzen. So I think that this resolves the problem. Apparently in some cases CPU is stressed so hard, that sometimes it can't handle well any other tasks like rendering your desktop, and cursor movements. AIDA64 doesn't have that kind of impact. My OC was tested with it for 24 hours and no single error. Same with 8 hours of RealBench. I used Blender too and it handles well.