Camera for a computer photoshoot :P

Go to solution Solved by xQubeZx,

If you want super high quality images rent the A7r ii and a nice lens with it. I’d probably get the 16-35, 24-70 or a fast prime lens. 

If you don’t need high res files the 6D is a good option. Really any of these cameras would be good and proper lightning will help a ton for the images. But a fullframe camera like the A7r ii with 30+ megapixels will give really cripsy and detailed images you can crop in a lot on for example. I mean, if you are renting and they are somewhat similar in price then why not get something really good. 

So im doing a new build with custom cooling and all the amazing cool stuff, so i thought that i would spend around 120-130$ on renting a camera for a day and taking photos/video. There are only a few cameras that i could afford to rent and i will list them. I would also appreciate any recommendation on lenses/lighting. If you need anymore info just let me know.

Canon 80D

Canon 7D

Nikon D500

Canon 6D Mark 2

Canon 70D

Sony Alpha a7s

Sony Alpha a7R 2

33 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Should probably just use your phone or something man

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Agreed, that's what I did.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I'd focus more on lighting than the camera.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Agreed, that's what I did.

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Can't as my phone has a black spot when i take a picture so i thought might as well :P

1 minute ago, Dreaper said:

Can't as my phone has a black spot when i take a picture so i thought might as well :P

Then spend like $200 getting a used 1st gen google pixel as an upgrade instead

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Spend your $200 on a new phone (actually maybe pick up this used 1st gen Pixel for $220 as @Streetguru suggested)

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

23 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then spend like $200 getting a used 1st gen google pixel as an upgrade instead

8 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Spend your $200 on a new phone (actually maybe pick up this used 1st gen Pixel for $220 as @Streetguru suggested)

Wasnt going to spend 200$ it was going to be 120$ for camera and lens as all the cameras i mentioned are under 80$/Day 

Ask one of your friends if they can lend you an iPhone X or Google Pixel 2. 

hi.

Just now, AskTJ said:

Ask one of your friends if they can lend you an iPhone X or Google Pixel 2. 

None of them have either of those all them are iphone 6/7 and one has a blackberry for some reason 

2 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Wasnt going to spend 200$ it was going to be 120$ for camera and lens as all the cameras i mentioned are under 80$/Day 

and yet I think you should. You'll get a better phone and a nice camera, plus you get to keep it

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

Just now, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

and yet I think you should. You'll get a better phone and a nice camera, plus you get to keep it

My phone is still kicking it and should have another year or two left so i think ill wait till pixel 3 :P

My phone is still kicking it and should have another year or two left so i think ill wait till pixel 3 :P

If you say so. In that case I don't know shit about cameras

She/they 

If you say so. In that case I don't know shit about cameras

Only thing wrong with it is the screen is cracked and it has orange spots in some places and the battery life is at 60% :)

Looks mildly sketchy but you can always try and if it's bullshit file a PayPal claim

She/they 

Just now, AskTJ said:

Good luck winning that

Looks mildly sketchy but you can always try and if it's bullshit file a PayPal claim

It says something about boot loader and custom twrp any thoughts on what tf that is? 

Just now, Dreaper said:

It says something about boot loader and custom twrp any thoughts on what tf that is? 

Android magic, it means the previous owner was a power user. It doesn't matter day to day.

She/they 

Android magic, it means the previous owner was a power user. It doesn't matter day to day.

He also said he couldnt get it back to stock 

He also said he couldnt get it back to stock 

If you're worried about it don't buy it; it's your money. I think you should go for it but I can't make you do anything

She/they 

If you're worried about it don't buy it; it's your money. I think you should go for it but I can't make you do anything

I put a bid down and i was planning on staying up all night anyways so i will win it unless it goes over 120$

I put a bid down and i was planning on staying up all night anyways so i will win it unless it goes over 120$

Do keep us posted. Followed this thread.

She/they 

Do keep us posted. Followed this thread.

I will if you want ill share pictures after the pc is done and i get the phone/a camera