"1 additional PCI-Express pcie8-pin power connector is needed."

Alex_Kunnen

I want to get an evga 1080 ftw which has 2, 8pin female connectors on it run it with a seasonic m12ii power supply which has four 8 pin connectors, and I get this compatibility error in pcpartpicker. 

• 1 additional PCI-Express pcie8-pin power connector is needed.
  • EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card and SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply are not compatible.

Now I'm not a professional mathematician, but I kicked the shit out of counting with blocks in kindergarten and by my calculations they should be compatible.

Does this just mean I need to get another power cord?

Heres the links on newegg:

Seasonic m12ii

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0

PCpartpicker may assume it only has one cable. Do you know if it has multiple plugs?

Just now, BlindGuyPCs said:

PCpartpicker may assume it only has one cable. Do you know if it has multiple plugs?

which has, and by plugs you mean the female port or the cord you plug into it

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

According to the pictures on Newegg, you've got plenty of PCIe power connectors.

thats what I thought, so when I got the error I questioned my entire existence

Just now, Alex_Kunnen said:

thats what I thought, so when I got the error I questioned my entire existence

Might be something with PCPartPicker.

You're definitely in the clear though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Might be something with PCPartPicker.

You're definitely in the clear though.

k, thanks xD

16 minutes ago, Alex_Kunnen said:

which has, and by plugs you mean the female port or the cord you plug into it

I mean cables. As @Crunchy Dragon said, it looks like the PSU has enough cables, and PCPP is just having issues

Do you already have the PSU, or are you planning to buy it? If you have it, consider replacing it. It's an ancient group regulated design and lacks protections. If you are planning to buy it, don't. It's way overpriced and you should get a better PSU for your 1080. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

@BlindGuyPCs you should get a new PSU anyway; the M12II is an old, group-regulated unit - TL;DR it's pretty bad, get a new one

Try something like the Focus Plus Gold : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/WrNypg/seasonic-focus-plus-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

On 6/27/2018 at 11:31 AM, seon123 said:

Do you already have the PSU, or are you planning to buy it? If you have it, consider replacing it. It's an ancient group regulated design and lacks protections. If you are planning to buy it, don't. It's way overpriced and you should get a better PSU for your 1080. 

Already got it, it was $30, and had good reviews