Pc case

Reece1999

Can I fit a 

Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB 2.5 hdd

In a 

Fractal Design Node 202 Mini-Itx

Fractal website says 

2 - 2.5″ SSD unit positions (height limitation 10.5mm)

But I don't know the specs for the 

Thx 

3 minutes ago, Reece1999 said:

Can I fit a 

In a 

Fractal Design Node 202 Mini-Itx

Fractal website says 

2 - 2.5″ SSD unit positions (height limitation 10.5mm)

But I don't know the specs for the 

Thx 

You could either look it up or you can ask Segate themselves :P @seagate_surfer  . im sure it will fit though as to my knowledge pretty much all 2.5's are the same size all around 

Hi Reece1999, 

The answer is, yes it will fit! The 2.5 makes reference to the form factor just like 3.5, mSATA, M.2. and so on and I know that this will sound a little bit redundant but "form factors" are synonymous for "standard". It should fit with no problems.  

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

31 minutes ago, Reece1999 said:

@seagate_surfer

Just looked at a video, and the bays are big enough to fit a ssd but nothing bigger 

So the 2.5 baracuda is the same size as an ssd ?

That's right! At the end of the day 2.5 makes reference to what is called "form factor" and they will always be the same regardless of the manufacturer, I quote the following from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive#Standard_HDD_form_factors

Standard HDD form factors[edit]

The benefit of using a current HDD form factor would be to take advantage of the extensive infrastructure already in place to mount and connect the drives to the host system.[4][78] These traditional form factors are known by the size of the rotating media, e.g., 5.25-inch, 3.5-inch, 2.5-inch, 1.8-inch, not by the dimensions of the drive casing.[79]

So it doesn't really matter if it is a HDD or an SSD, 2.5-inch will continue to be 2.5-inch period.

See the source image

Something you are definitely going to find is that in the 2.5-inch market there are different thickness for some drives, 7mm, 9.5, 12.5 or 15mm drives to be more specific, like these examples down below:

See the source image

See the source image

Odeslaný screenshot obrázek

Not sure if you noticed but I am comparing everything against 9.5mm 2.5 drives because that is the thickness that is used the most. Now if by any chance let's say you buy a 7mm thickness 2.5-inch drive by mistake, you can always use one spacer adapter to adjust your drive to your system e.g. https://www.amazon.com/EDGE-7mm-9-5mm-Spacer-Adapter/dp/B014LQM6I2

See the source image

See the source image

Odeslaný screenshot obrázek

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming