Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Krayox

H100i or Dark Rock Pro 2

Posted · Original PosterOP

Which should I chose? I have a 8350 and I will most likely not over clock too much but I want it to be a quiet build. Is it worth the temps to get the dark rock?

Dark Rock.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

How much would I be able to over clock it though. I want it to run at at least 4.5ghz.

I'd go for the Dark rock pro 2......4.5ghz no problemo....might jump to a h100i

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

H100i if you have a windowed case and want to go for the look it gives you if you just want good performance go for Dark Rock Pro 2

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

H100i if you have a windowed case and want to go for the look it gives you if you just want good performance go for Dark Rock Pro 2

well I do have a window but I like the looks of dark pro

well I do have a window but I like the looks of dark pro

Well there you go then, we have a winner:)

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Well there you go then, we have a winner:)

yeh id say so so i'm ordering the dark pro

yeh id say so so i'm ordering the dark pro

yeah plus i believe its a bit cheaper, at least in the uk anyway.

yep buy about £30

Buy yourself some candy with dat sheet.

Or a couple decent case fans...

Which should I chose? I have a 8350 and I will most likely not over clock too much but I want it to be a quiet build. Is it worth the temps to get the dark rock?

Generally AIO are loud as can be unless you get fans. If you got a couple of staticpressure fans, turned down ur cases rpms, it'd be the better choice. Imo.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 8350 + H100i. Fairly happy with it. Barely reaches 40-43c when playing BF4 without touching the fan speed settings. Quiet for sure, but if you ramp up the speed, the stock fans do become rather noisy. Shouldn't be a problem as it keeps the CPU cool at low RPMs. Never touched the Dark Rock Pro 2, so I can't say much there. 

/// POLICE ASSAULT IN PROGRESS ///