Watercooling a Titan Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition?

Hey there!

A while back I got an Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars Jedi Order Collector's Edition graphics card as a late xmas present... So far so good, although I would much rather have the other one :)

Anyhoooo, now I've been looking all over the interwebs to find information about how to watercool the darn thing and I'm coming up empty.

Is it the same stuff that you need for a Titan X or 1080 Ti? The answers wary... On one site I found a waterblock that was compatible with my graphics card, but no backplate or any other information.

For those of you who are realizing I'm a complete novice on watercooling, you are completely right. I've managed to watercool my CPU just recently, and now I need to get my GPU watercooled also.

My GPU is running temps in the high 90's (C) (194-204 F) and going into thermal throttling when I'm gaming in 4K on hot days and I feel enough is enough.

Are there any watercooling pros here that could possibly concider helping me out with what hardware I need to get this project going?

Radiator, waterblock, backplate, reservoir, pump, hoses, connections, fans, thermal paste and everything for a complete system?

I want this to be a completely separate cooling system from the CPU one.

The cooler I can get it, the better, within reason moneywise. I have a pretty big computer case, so a dual or triple radior will fit with no problems.

I live in Sweden, but I'm open to ordering stuff from anywhere as long as they ship to Sweden and the shipping costs are not eyewateringly expensive :)

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

It doesn't look like there is a waterblock compatible for that specific card, maybe others such as bitspowers or phanteks might have one. 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=4003

Is the board layout not the same as a regular Titan Xp though? Thought it was just the fancy shroud they added to it so a Titan Xp block should still work, EK make a couple of those.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

It doesn't look like there is a waterblock compatible for that specific card, maybe others such as bitspowers or phanteks might have one. 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=4003

Pretty sure it uses a reference PCB, looking at them, they seem the exact same, which makes sense. 

Yours faithfully

10 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Pretty sure it uses a reference PCB, looking at them, they seem the exact same, which makes sense. 

I believe you're correct there looks to be very minor difference with some components but the PCB layout is the same. @EK Luc may be able to confirm then?

Collector Edition:

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=24622

Titan Xp:

front.jpg

Thanks for your replies!

Looking at the images of the PCBs above, they look fairly simular. From that I would assume that the "non-compatible" Titan Xp waterblock(s) would indeed fit on the Collector's Edition cards, assuming there are no hight differences with the components?

Does anyone have any information if this could be the case? (no height differences). And if so, where could I get the neccesary stuff to make this happen? And what are the components I need to get for a complete package?

Thanks again!

8 minutes ago, Beorhthere said:

Thanks for your replies!

Looking at the images of the PCBs above, they look fairly simular. From that I would assume that the "non-compatible" Titan Xp waterblock(s) would indeed fit on the Collector's Edition cards, assuming there are no hight differences with the components?

Does anyone have any information if this could be the case? (no height differences). And if so, where could I get the neccesary stuff to make this happen? And what are the components I need to get for a complete package?

Thanks again!

I see from the images some difference on components so my guess is that being the reason for the incompatibilities. I'd wait for EKWB to respond or to send them a message asking in regards to the PCB components for some clarification. 

@BeorhthereNo offence, you managed to watercool your cpu but dont know what you need in a loop? Sooo you mounted an aio? xD

What you need for your loop: big components: reservior, pomp(+top), gpu block, radiator(s). 

You will need fittings (2 per big component minimum), soft/rigid tubing, and fluid (just start out with distilled water and change it up later)

If you go rigid you will need stuff for bends of a shit ton of extra fittings.

As to where to buy: shop.ekwb.com ships to sweden to I think but besides that... Im from holland maybe highflow ships to you? Or casekings?

P.S. if you do have an AIO and you are going custom for your gpu anyway you might want to look into adding ur cpu to the loop. Going with a bigger rad adds little extra costs and for the price of a cpu block+ 2 fittings you can outperform any similary priced aio easily.

Alternatively you can go the full aio route and look into the nzxt g10 and the likes

@QBtech None taken... I bought a computer case with everything pre-installed in it... All I did was connect the CPU block and hit the power switch :)

Edit: The system included in the case is non-expandable, which is why I need a completely separate system for the GPU.. Plenty of room in the case for another radiator and stuff.

3 hours ago, Beorhthere said:

@QBtech None taken... I bought a computer case with everything pre-installed in it... All I did was connect the CPU block and hit the power switch :)

Edit: The system included in the case is non-expandable, which is why I need a completely separate system for the GPU.. Plenty of room in the case for another radiator and stuff.

What case are you working in? My suggestion was ditching the current cpu cooling altogether, but if its built into the case that is a no go xD

I'm running a Deepcool Genome II ROG Edition case.

Edit: Since I bought a complete CPU watercooling case, for alot of money, I don't really wanna rip it all out and start from scratch =)…
The case supports another radiator and has plenty of space for another reservoir, pump, fans and whatever I would need to cool the GPU also.

I don't believe they make them, purely because of the fact that the main novelty is the cooler and how it looks. 

Hey! Bit late to the party but I too have the Xp Jedi Edition, a while back I searched the same thing and found nothing, so I desided to pull the trigger on EK-FC GeForce GTX FE Acetal + Nickel Full Cover Block and it fits! The second LED connector is flush to the block but it fits and works like normal Titan Xp would, you might have to trimm down the block/led connector if there are manufacturing tolerances for this ^_^

https://imgur.com/a/aosQxSK some pictures of dry fit, also the normal titan x(p) backplate fits great!

s t u f f

Spoiler

i7-5960x | 32Gb 2400Mhz | Titan Xp | Define R6 | Custom Loop

Like @EbinNator2044 mentioned, there's a possible issue with the LED header and it's why we can't say it's compatible.  But if you're willing to "modify" your card (shave a bit of your LED header), it should fit.

I bought the Galactic Empire addition when the cards first went on sale last year and planned a water cooled rig which has been put off for the past eight months or so, with various components piling up for the eventual build. Finally got back to it this past week and am currently awaiting a few additional fittings to arrive before getting back on it here later this week. I had previously contacted EKWB about the fitment and had ordered the full cover waterblock and backplate that they confirmed would fit...at least at that time. As I have begun putting the system together, I have been going back over my previous research prior to actual assembly...which led me to this, and other, pages.

EbinNator2044 , I cannot view your image of dry fitment from my current location (website blocked), but will be checking it when I get back home tomorrow. I would really be interested in your continued progress, as you are at least a week ahead of me at this point.

EK Luc  I have seen postings elsewhere about the withdrawal of the previous fitment approval while perusing the web today--I had not been aware of this previously. If the LED header is the single issue, I am glad to now know that and I can focus on that. Perhaps it will be a flush fit, perhaps it will need some shaving.

What I have in my possession, now, as advised by Igor (?--have to check to be sure) back on Dec 1st, is:

EK-FC Titan X Pascal Backplate - Gold for EK-FC TitanX Pascal GTX Series Water Blocks

EK-FCTITANX-PAS-GD-BP-D

EK-FC TitanX Pascal-Copper Water Block with Acetal Top for Nvidia TitanX Pascal

EK-FC TITANX-PAS-GTX-AC-D

On 8.7.2018 at 8:45 AM, XPLSV said:

EbinNator2044 , I cannot view your image of dry fitment from my current location (website blocked), but will be checking it when I get back home tomorrow. I would really be interested in your continued progress, as you are at least a week ahead of me at this point.

It has been running now for about 3 months no problems, temps are fine when counting in my high ambient temperature and other high wattage parts in the loop. 

No thorttling from overheating VRM's which shows that atleast on my card the block makes good contact with VRM's. 

Shoot me a PM if you need more info

s t u f f

Spoiler

i7-5960x | 32Gb 2400Mhz | Titan Xp | Define R6 | Custom Loop

17 hours ago, EbinNator2044 said:

It has been running now for about 3 months no problems, temps are fine when counting in my high ambient temperature and other high wattage parts in the loop. 

No thorttling from overheating VRM's which shows that atleast on my card the block makes good contact with VRM's. 

Shoot me a PM if you need more info

Thanks!

I disassembled my card last night and put on the EKWB waterblock and backplate. I have the Galactic Empire edition of the Star Wars Collector's Titan Xp card. As EbinNator2044 experienced, it was pretty straightforward according to the included EKWB instructions. I will note that when removing the attached Star Wars backplate, two of the small screws are covered by EKWB stickers attached to the backplate: I simply embedded my small phillips screwdriver into the sticker and contacted the screw head. The two LED header connections are also the same; although when removing the shroud, the connection to the one LED header (which I will call LED Header 1) was well connected and I had grabbed it with a needle nose pliers to ensure I did not apply excess shearing torque to it while disconnecting the card from the shroud. There is also the typical fan connector wire, which is easier to reach in and disconnect. The test fit showed the waterblock to be sitting flush, just as EbinNator2044 stated, but I decided to shave a bit of the height off the top of the one LED header (LED Header 1), as it was exposed and easy to do, just to ensure clearance. I simply used a sharp hobby knife blade. I put an EKWB gold backplate on it to complete the card. 

EK-FC TitanX Pascal-Copper Water Block with Acetal Top for Nvidia TitanX Pascal

EK-FC TITANX-PAS-GTX-AC-D

EK-FC Titan X Pascal Backplate - Gold for EK-FC TitanX Pascal GTX Series Water Blocks

EK-FCTITANX-PAS-GD-BP-D

Screws Covered.jpg

LED Headers.jpg

Fan Header.jpg

LED Header 1.jpg

Complete.jpg

• 2 months later...

So I went ahead and bought the EKWB Titan Xp waterblock and backplate, even though it clearly stated that it's not compatible on the website, and it fits perfectly, no problem. The only thing was that one of the screws from the backplate through the card and to the block didn't have a hole for it on the pcb, but that was the only issue. It's been running now for a week or so and performing beautifully.

I know it's an old post on here, but I figured I'd let you all know that it indeed fits and works fine, without any modifications to the LED connectors.

• 2 months later...
On 10/11/2018 at 9:16 AM, Beorhthere said:

So I went ahead and bought the EKWB Titan Xp waterblock and backplate, even though it clearly stated that it's not compatible on the website, and it fits perfectly, no problem. The only thing was that one of the screws from the backplate through the card and to the block didn't have a hole for it on the pcb, but that was the only issue. It's been running now for a week or so and performing beautifully.

I know it's an old post on here, but I figured I'd let you all know that it indeed fits and works fine, without any modifications to the LED connectors.

Thanks for posting an update. I've been sitting on this issue for a long time and I'm glad I can finally move forward and water cool

On 6/24/2018 at 7:35 PM, Beorhthere said:

My GPU is running temps in the high 90's (C) (194-204 F) and going into thermal throttling when I'm gaming in 4K on hot days and I feel enough is enough.

What on earth are you running on there to make a xp throttle lol. Even on hot days

i think u just need case fans.

• 8 months later...

Hey,

I really need help, i need to water cool a jedi edition titan and i cannot find the water block and back plate. Does anyone know where i could get one in the UK? I found one on amazon not sure if its the right one, cant find a new backplate and im not sure if i can use the orignal one.I also found one by alphacool new with back plate but im not sure if that would fit. I havent done this much before so any help would really be awesome.

Thanks!