Looking for a decent review of the Sceptre 27in 4K

macintoshme

I have a triple monitor setup with 2 U28E510Ds and a 27in iMac (TDM). One of the Samsungs is starting to fail with a flickering backlight intermittently. I haven't opened it up to see if I could spot anything, I rather just have a replacement and give the repaired one to my girlfriend if I fix it.

I would prefer not to spend over $300 to replace this which so far seems to net three results:

Samsung U28E510D

Samsung U28E510D refurbished

Sceptre  U278W-4000R

I have had a Sceptre before and it served me well for ~5 years before the backlight failed which seems to be kind par for the course of what I have heard of Sceptre displays. The U278W has mixed reviews with the majority being speaker related (don't care) and dead pixels (care ). Anyone here purchase that monster and have some thoughts ?

I am really quite loathe to buy another of those Samsungs. Everything about them is wonderful, even though they are LCD vs IPS, except their VESA mounting point. I have arms and at their highest point, they aren't quite high enough for me. If you get an adapter for the bottom mount, they become incredibly top heavy and unmanageable.