Setting 2nd GPU as Power Saving in Graphics settings on Windows 10.

Got a 1050 to offload stress from my 1080. I wanted to assign specific programs to run off my 1050 but I can't seem to find a way to set it as Power Saving GPU in Windows. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Z83pdz9

• 4 months later...

I'm trying to do exactly this and not having any luck. Any bright sparks out there?

Not really sure what stress you are referring to. 

If the programs wont let you select a specific card the going through nvidia control panel and picking the card for the program there is your best bet. 

As far as using any power saving for a gpu, nvidia inspector is the go to for that. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

You need integrated GPU for that. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

So I have managed to achieve this through some brute force. I wanted to get Chrome's hardware accelerated GPU to be my second GPU so that my games weren't competing for resources whilst I am watching videos/live-streams etc on my second monitor.

I used devcon.exe from the Windows Drive Kit to disable my 980 Ti, launch Chrome, then re-enable my 980 Ti. Chrome then uses the primary GPU whilst it was being launched (my 1050 Ti).

Here is the bat script I use to launch Chrome now:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\x64\devcon.exe" disable "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8*"
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
timeout 5
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\x64\devcon.exe" enable "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8*"

It's all very ugly, but it does work and once it's launched then I continue to use my PC as normal.

• 9 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 3:59 PM, Kernel Kue said:

So I have managed to achieve this through some brute force. I wanted to get Chrome's hardware accelerated GPU to be my second GPU so that my games weren't competing for resources whilst I am watching videos/live-streams etc on my second monitor.

I used devcon.exe from the Windows Drive Kit to disable my 980 Ti, launch Chrome, then re-enable my 980 Ti. Chrome then uses the primary GPU whilst it was being launched (my 1050 Ti).

Here is the bat script I use to launch Chrome now:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\x64\devcon.exe" disable "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8*"
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
timeout 5
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\x64\devcon.exe" enable "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8*"

It's all very ugly, but it does work and once it's launched then I continue to use my PC as normal.

I am using a bit easier technique for a more complicated scenario. my brother uses rdp from laptop to my pc and play games while I am using my computer too concurrently. I wanted the 2nd user from rdp(remote desktop) to use my 2nd gpu but windows by default uses the 1st gpu for that. So before connecting by rdp I disable my 1st gpu from device manager, connect my monitor to the 2nd gpu and let him connect and run his game from rdp. This way the rdp session uses my 2nd gpu, and then I enable the 1st gpu from my user session and change my monitor cable to the 1st one again and I fire up my game. Voila! 2 gpus serving independently for 2 users.