Hdmi Conversion

Valkyrie Lenneth

yo, is a HDMI port compatible with HDMI TO AV switches  , example from HDMI TO SCART, or would i need an actual converting device for that

my plan is to just put a switch from hdmi to scart ( a simple plug )  to make stuff work on a capture card but i got no clue if hdmi can convert to analog plugs like scart without a device for it ( just a simple plug / cord conversion )

the device has component but no composite

(◑‿◐)

I believe SCART is analog, so you would need some kind of active adapter which might cause some delay. You can adapt HDMI to DVI with little to no downsides, you would need to think of an solution for the audio, as many DVI devices don't have anything for audio built in.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

I believe SCART is analog, so you would need some kind of active adapter which might cause some delay. You can adapt HDMI to DVI with little to no downsides, you would need to think of an solution for the audio, as many DVI devices don't have anything for audio built in.

the audio has a solution on the device already, just need a solution for video

(◑‿◐)

I belive that needs an active adapter, think SCART adapts to VGA passively though and VGA adapts to pretty much everything so I guess you could just SCART>VGA>HDMI? :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I belive that needs an active adapter, think SCART adapts to VGA passively though and VGA adapts to pretty much everything so I guess you could just SCART>VGA>HDMI? :P

i guess i can try that, wont it get scaling issues though?

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i guess i can try that, wont it get scaling issues though?

I have literally no clue, might not even work. I'd imagine it's probably fine but look for direct adapters from SCART to HDMI as that should work better tbh. Adapter trains can be lossy and problematic

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I have literally no clue, might not even work. I'd imagine it's probably fine but look for direct adapters from SCART to HDMI as that should work better tbh. Adapter trains can be lossy and problematic

my idea is to use the Input with a conversion cable ( rca to hdmi or whatever, its to capture oldschool stuff like PS1/PS2 and what not,  even SCART devices ( sega genesis n stuff )

(◑‿◐)

18 minutes ago, Minibois said:

scart is analog yeah, which is why i wonder if u can convert it from hdmi to scart x_x with a simple plug instead of a whole device

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

scart is analog yeah, which is why i wonder if u can convert it from hdmi to scart x_x with a simple plug instead of a whole device

Unfortunately, a simple won't work because you need an active converter to achieve an analog to digital signal change.

The best solution to recording 'old school consoles' is probably getting composite to S-video cables and using something like the original Elgato HD, which record at 720p60fps or 1080p30fps and which has an s-video input (and component to S-video cables exist and can also be used with composite)

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Unfortunately, a simple won't work because you need an active converter to achieve an analog to digital signal change.

The best solution to recording 'old school consoles' is probably getting composite to S-video cables and using something like the original Elgato HD, which record at 720p60fps or 1080p30fps and which has an s-video input (and component to S-video cables exist and can also be used with composite)

i got avermedia c875 for 55euro, normal price is 110/120euro. got it at a store discount lol :D lucky last one

just trying to figure out how to get scart / old stuff running on it, it has a tiny AV port tho, but doesnt come with any cables, idk if it supports av connections because the cables i got with it , are the PS2 / PS3 port to that av port   and component

(◑‿◐)

7 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i got avermedia c875 for 55euro, normal price is 110/120euro. got it at a store discount lol :D lucky last one

just trying to figure out how to get scart / old stuff running on it, it has a tiny AV port tho, but doesnt come with any cables, idk if it supports av connections because the cables i got with it , are the PS2 / PS3 port to that av port   and component

Seems like you are missing a cable I guess, because according to the quick start guide it has component (or composite, you can use composite cables in component ports) to that AV port cables.

Seems like you are missing a cable I guess, because according to the quick start guide it has component (or composite, you can use composite cables in component ports) to that AV port cables.

i got this thing https://shop.avermedia-usa.com/products/component-video-stereo-audio-dongle-cable-for-live-gamer-portable-c875?variant=1097407177

i can plug composite cables in there?  red white yellow  , and in which ones then o,o

(◑‿◐)

5 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i got this thing https://shop.avermedia-usa.com/products/component-video-stereo-audio-dongle-cable-for-live-gamer-portable-c875?variant=1097407177

i can plug composite cables in there?  red white yellow  , and in which ones then o,o

I will explain this from the composite to the component side.

Yellow to green (not to be confused with blue) and red to red, white to white.

On the cable linked, the red you need (because there are two red connectors on composite) is probably gonna be the one with the dark blue-ish plug, not the black plug.

So going by the picture you linked me, going from top left to bottom right connectors:

Red -> Yellow -> Nothing -> White -> nothing.

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

On the cable linked, the red you need (because there are two red connectors on composite) is probably gonna be the one with the dark blue-ish plug, not the black plug.

So going by the picture you linked me, going from top left to bottom right connectors:

k im gonna try that ty for help btw i didnt know

(◑‿◐)

7 minutes ago, Minibois said:

no signal q.q

(◑‿◐)

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

no signal q.q

You sure you used the green plug on the cable? And I don't know how the avermedia works, but did you have to set the signal in to the AV port or something...?

You sure you used the green plug on the cable? And I don't know how the avermedia works, but did you have to set the signal in to the AV port or something...?

yh i tried all plugs also after that. was on the right channel n everything on tv, > plugged nintendo swithc > screen > plugged the rca cable in the way u said > no screen > tried yellow to all slots > no screen q-q

(◑‿◐)

21 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

yh i tried all plugs also after that. was on the right channel n everything on tv, > plugged nintendo swithc > screen > plugged the rca cable in the way u said > no screen > tried yellow to all slots > no screen q-q

That's weird, I used to sometimes record over at a friend's house in this way (composite in a component adapter).

On 23-6-2018 at 9:10 PM, Minibois said:

That's weird, I used to sometimes record over at a friend's house in this way (composite in a component adapter).

prolly just doesnt work that with through a capture card, idk maybe its just a driver setting or smt in the capture card ( doubt it tho )

(◑‿◐)