HOW CAN I LEARN CODING OR NETWOKRING STUFF Fast?

WolfLoverPro

I'm interested in learning to code too. I have an internship at a robotics company and the owner suggested I start with Python. Even though I don't want to go into the programming field, I think it would be good knowledge to have. I wouldn't necessarily want to specialize in it but it would be a valuable skill to have and I could put it on my resume.

I tried Code Academy but it was pretty bad. It ran you through the basics and then told you to develop something crazy. Pretty much just tossing you into the pool before you've even learned how to swim. If anyone knows of a solid online coarse, please share!

College classes

Summer classes

summer camps

codecademy.com or w3schools.com for web development. 

sololearn.com

code bootcamps (expensive! Require you to already know how to program)

Set in order of recommendation. 

23 hours ago, CR16 said:

I'm interested in learning to code too. I have an internship at a robotics company and the owner suggested I start with Python. Even though I don't want to go into the programming field, I think it would be good knowledge to have. I wouldn't necessarily want to specialize in it but it would be a valuable skill to have and I could put it on my resume.

I tried Code Academy but it was pretty bad. It ran you through the basics and then told you to develop something crazy. Pretty much just tossing you into the pool before you've even learned how to swim. If anyone knows of a solid online coarse, please share!

Throwing in the deep end is sometimes a good way to learn.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 6/21/2018 at 2:06 PM, TopHatProductions115 said:

You'll have to put in some sort of effort. I can offer to teach, since I know C, Java, and a few others. But, I won't let you get away with just basics if you learn from me ;) 

I would actually be interested in learning C++/C#, maybe Java. I want to get into the WWDC scholarships thing they do every year but I don't have a lot of background knowledge about programming, especially for on Mac OS. I have done some research and I found that Xcode is not a programming language, but it appears to be a text editor to input code. Now I don't know what programming language to take to do a  project when the time comes next year to try. 

Xcode is Apple's IDE, and I wouldn't suggest it for someone who is just starting out. I'd suggest something along the lines of NetBeans (ikr - strange?) because of its layout, design, and feature-set. I'd suggest starting out in C. It'll be a bit tough, but I'm sure you can handle it...

https://medium.com/@vardanator/why-cs-students-must-learn-c-as-their-main-programming-language-6d3b4f8720bd

Edited by TopHatProductions115

38 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Xcode is Apple's IDE, and I wouldn't suggest it for someone who is just starting out. I'd suggest something along the lines of NetBeans (ikr - strange?) because of its layout, design, and feature-set. I'd suggest starting out in C. It'll be a bit tough, but I'm sure you can handle it...

https://medium.com/@vardanator/why-cs-students-must-learn-c-as-their-main-programming-language-6d3b4f8720bd

yeah the more I learn about how exactly what is needed to know to be able to enter, the harder it seems.....

"Python for Kids" by Jason R. Briggs is pretty good book if you are just starting out. He does a great job explaining concepts and ideas in ways that are simple to understand.

11 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

Throwing in the deep end is sometimes a good way to learn.

In my case it wasn't. They hadn't built upon it enough for me to complete the task they gave me. It was little baby steps and then all of a sudden it became super complicated and I was left clueless.

1 hour ago, CR16 said:

In my case it wasn't. They hadn't built upon it enough for me to complete the task they gave me. It was little baby steps and then all of a sudden it became super complicated and I was left clueless.

That happened to me at work. Got a new job writing in node. Only just learnt node and was first tasked with adding s new field to a form and changing the back end and then I was tasked with creating a configuration manager that allowed some fields in our product to be set by our clients.

I'm glad I was thrown in the deep end, i learnt much more than any of the new people about that part of our product.

I understand that some people might not learn this way but going into a project not knowing everything you need is a great why to well learn.

On 21/6/2018 at 8:03 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

I mean 

recently like 5 months ago 

I youtubed

how to learn c++

WATCHED like idk. 2 hours of it 

didn’t get it really? I mean he was good at explaining but idk I mean I guess I never bothered kinda

now I havnt tried I’ve forgot literally everything 

it’s just idk how to learn it 

oh btw 

for free 

i mean a person explains what to type as in the code stuff but I still don’t get cuz if I was to go code somthing I wouldn’t know how to start so yeah

any way to learn to code fast?

as in

first language to learn wich wil then make me faster at others?

ok i guess I should say fast but in general how can I learn the best way ?

is there a good first language or what is the best language ? Help me

Did you learn those 5 languages you talked about last time you wanted to learn something fast? 

7 hours ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Did you learn those 5 languages you talked about last time you wanted to learn something fast? 

Lol 

i tell you you what I have learned

like half Spanish words 

can’t  speak I can read a bit though lol

10 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

That happened to me at work. Got a new job writing in node. Only just learnt node and was first tasked with adding s new field to a form and changing the back end and then I was tasked with creating a configuration manager that allowed some fields in our product to be set by our clients.

I'm glad I was thrown in the deep end, i learnt much more than any of the new people about that part of our product.

I understand that some people might not learn this way but going into a project not knowing everything you need is a great why to well learn.

The difference though was I hadn't even put in an hour before it hit me with it. I guess I'm in a unique scenario. I have some health issues that have compromised my cognitive abilities. It makes problem solving and such very hard. It's possible to recover and I'm fighting hard to get my life back. Meanwhile, I'm stuck at home with a lot of time on my hands. I want to put that time to good use and learn Python. My problem is finding a coarse that will slowly and gradually build on a topic until I've fully got it down.

11 hours ago, CR16 said:

The difference though was I hadn't even put in an hour before it hit me with it. I guess I'm in a unique scenario. I have some health issues that have compromised my cognitive abilities. It makes problem solving and such very hard. It's possible to recover and I'm fighting hard to get my life back. Meanwhile, I'm stuck at home with a lot of time on my hands. I want to put that time to good use and learn Python. My problem is finding a coarse that will slowly and gradually build on a topic until I've fully got it down.

Once you have the basic controls learned if, else, loops etc. Every problem if just these in a new way.

So you code more and more you'll learn more of the tricks to making your code better.

One thing I do suggest is keep all your code, that way when you're having a hard time you can look back and see how far you've come.

On 21/06/2018 at 7:03 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

I mean recently like 5 months ago I youtubed how to learn c++ WATCHED like idk. 2 hours of it 

didn’t get it really? I mean he was good at explaining but idk I mean I guess I never bothered kinda

now I havnt tried I’ve forgot literally everything it’s just idk how to learn it 

oh btw 

for free 

i mean a person explains what to type as in the code stuff but I still don’t get cuz if I was to go code somthing I wouldn’t know how to start so yeah

any way to learn to code fast?

as in

first language to learn wich wil then make me faster at others?

ok i guess I should say fast but in general how can I learn the best way ?

is there a good first language or what is the best language ? Help me

Start with BASIC then outsource to India.

to Code is to be ZEN.... Coding is a way of life spent mostly working 36 hrs a day on code and then another 6 dreaming about it, in seemly infinite iteration.

I suggest codecademy sololearn and w3schools that is how i learned

On 29/06/2018 at 10:41 PM, subwired said:

Start with BASIC then outsource to India.

to Code is to be ZEN.... Coding is a way of life spent mostly working 36 hrs a day on code and then another 6 dreaming about it, in seemly infinite iteration.

40 hours a week for me, while thinking over designs in my head travelling too and from work. On a weekend I spend time with my kids with a no work rule.

Hey there!

First of all, lets throw that 'fast' out of the window. Talking about C++, you can find complete C++ tutorial on Youtube. Here is what you made mistake, dont watch tutorial in one go. Just no. Learning few things, say, conditions in C++. Then STOP the tutorial, open up compiler, start making your OWN test programs using conditions in as many different ways as you can think of.

Remember this, no one can or will be a good programmer if you dont tackle the problems on your own first. Cant find solution after your brain storming? Simply Google it or ask for help.

15 hours ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

I can teach :) 

i use the SOLOLEARN app

i was trying c++ then i went to javascript then now i mon python

bitch i cant understand this lol

i was fine for the whole first section of python now im on like stuff i cant undersstand i think i give up learning code lol

17 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

was fine for the whole first section of python now im on like stuff i cant undersstand i think i give up learning code lol

This happens to me daily while coding.

Not understanding something is fine giving up isn't.

No one would get anywhere if everyone gave up when I got a bit harder.

If this is what you really want to do then put in the effort to understand it, if you get stuck ask for help, if they give you a solution  ask to explain the parts you don't understand or even ask why they did it the way they did.

Most people are more than happy to spend some time explaining code when they see the person is willing to learn .