Intel CEO resigns after consensual relationship with employee following investigation from Board

ItsMitch
10 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

It was consensual, so the implication of your statement is a bit off mark. 

The issue might have been nepotism towards the employee he has consensual relationships with. For the most part, Human Resources dissuades office relationships because for the most part they don't work.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, Christophe Corazza said:

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman”

While I got a chuckle that is different then already being married

Oh no, this is far worse than all anti competitive things they have done 9_9

2 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

Therefore it follows that the discussion should not be about whether or not the rule is silly, rather to what extent do investors have power, rightfully or wrongfully, over the private lives of employees?

Actually that discussion in turn also lends itself to, shall we say other discussions about how one might prevent those situations from happening with investors, about who should own the means of production.

But I'm afraid those fall outside the scope and rules of this forum.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, captain_to_fire said:

The issue might have been nepotism towards the employee he has consensual relationships with. For the most part, Human Resources dissuades office relationships because for the most part they don't work.

That is indeed a good counter argument, I can definitely see the implications of nepotism on the work environment. I am still left with a bitter taste with regards to the prospect of firing someone merely for having a consensual relationship with another. 

5 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

That is indeed a good counter argument, I can definitely see the implications of nepotism on the work environment. I am still left with a bitter taste with regards to the prospect of firing someone merely for having a consensual relationship with another. 

Common rule of the HR when it comes to office romances: "either split or quit" but I think in the case of Brian Krzanich his board of directors probably fired him when they found he has relationship with an employee. And it looks like Intel has an internal policy.

Krzanich violated a policy that said he could not have a relationship with an employee who directly reported to him, people familiar with the situation told CNBC. The relationship ended and took place "some time back," the people said. It's unclear with whom Krzanich had the relationship.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/21/intel-ceo-brian-krzanich-to-step-down-bob-swan-to-step-in-as-interim-ceo.html

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

28 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Kinda happy about it, xd... Intel delaying the 8 cores Coffee Lake on purpose to keep milking us with the 8700K the need to milk it is so high they just renamed a bunch of 8700K as 8086K to earn even more free profits...

limited edition runs have always been around

but yes he should have been gone long ago

25 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I dont get why this is frowned upon. It two people in a work place turn out to be great together, who the fuck cares. Let them be happy. 

I have seen two people in a relationship at work fight and that can be awkward for sure. But that is an outlier 

This is known as "convenient reason". If the Board was looking into it, they just wanted a pretext to get rid of him.

Big changes are coming to the top of Intel because of this.

Time to buy Intel shares? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

16 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

... there's only one CEO isn't there.....? o_o am i wrong

Yup. So that conflict was always going to happen.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

This is known as "convenient reason". If the Board was looking into it, they just wanted a pretext to get rid of him.

Big changes are coming to the top of Intel because of this.

Which ironically enough, also goes to show why it is not a good idea to have an office thing: Even if both parties are super professional and even if both can stay away from work related issues others can still easily keep it on their back pocket for a rainy day and I'm pretty sure this is exactly the case right now.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Which ironically enough, also goes to show why it is not a good idea to have an office thing: Even if both parties are super professional and even if both can stay away from work related issues others can still easily keep it on their back pocket for a rainy day and I'm pretty sure this is exactly the case right now.

Yup, high-level leverage.

Intel was recently informed that Mr. Krzanich had a past consensual relationship with an Intel employee. An ongoing investigation by internal and external counsel has confirmed a violation of Intel's non-fraternization policy, which applies to all managers.

This is PR speak for "we hired PI Lawyers". They were looking, and this was something they clearly knew about. Given the actual FakeNews Event about his recent comments about AMD's server market share, it's clear someone was giving him the shove out of the position. 

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Fucking the consumers AND his employees. NOICE

He's going to be fucking his stock soon tm

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

He's going to be fucking his stock soon tm

What stock? He sold down to the absolute minimum he's required to keep.

33 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

"you don't shit where you eat" should not apply to genuine interpersonal relationships. That is private business, simple as that.

Well, it ended up not being private business hence the problem. And that phrase applies precisely to relationships with coworkers. I don't know what a false interpersonal relationship is.

The chance of it working out perfectly is slim to none hence the policy. 

4 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Well, it ended up not being private business hence the problem. And that phrase applies precisely to relationships with coworkers. I don't know what a false interpersonal relationship is.

The chance of it working out perfectly is slim to none hence the policy. 

A false interpersonal relationship, or indeed, an inauthentic one, is a relationship that is based on power dynamics and fear, hence my disagreements. 

On topic, I don't think this will make an enormous difference in intel's tactics. They are going to continue to do everything they can to hold onto their market share and it's worked until the last year or so. As they lose more and more we'll start to see differences, but for the time being they'll just find a new ceo and keep at the same old "innovating" or whatever it is they do at intel hq nowadays.

Edited by colonel_mortis
Lets stick to the on topic stuff please

I'm surprised no one can figure out the obvious of why this rule is in place. If someone higher up is dating someone below them, that person can receive preferable treatment above others and that's no good

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I'm surprised no one can figure out the obvious of why this rule is in place. If someone higher up is dating someone below them, that person can be preferable treatment above others and that's no good

I did. It's a load of bullshit to assume that that is an automatic truth. A guilty regardless of evidense.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I didn't read the whole wheat bread so forgive me if someone said this, but this seems to me like the board wasn't happy with Krzanich and were looking for any reason they could to push him out.

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

@Taf the Ghost i have the same impression, this was simply a good excuse to get rid of him, hopefully the new guy can improve things, though for the next few years they are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, with little recourse, they can maybe lower the prices on the consumer side, but on the server side they do not want to do that, amd can sell the cpus at half the current cost and still make good money

22 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I'm surprised no one can figure out the obvious of why this rule is in place. If someone higher up is dating someone below them, that person can receive preferable treatment above others and that's no good

Yeah and when that happens its very obvious and can result in punishment. But if done professionally there should be nothing wrong with it. 

Finally this arrogant asshole has resigned. Really, fck this idiot for screwing over us for many years. I'm happy he has resigned.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, Deus Voltage said:

One of the silliest rules ever to be made, let the man date whom he wants as long as it is consensual. This is coming from a person who deeply dislikes Intel's practices.

There are reasons to prevent relationships and I agree to them. What if she is married? I assume Brian is married too, I don't know for sure but he should stay with his wife or divorce and marry this woman. I feel bad for Brain's wife and the worker's husband. Both are nothing but cheating cunts.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280